PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-14-2009, 01:16 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro (vzw)
Carrier: Verizon

Neufusion is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Question WM 6.5 ROM for VZW Recommendation

Can someone please recommend a a good Windows 6.5 ROM running a current release (or close to current) of 6.5 that runs well on the Verizon HTC Touch Pro?

I was following Scott Crosler's ROMs at SSKusers.com but it looks like he's no longer supporting VZW 6.5 ROMs.

I tried another ROM but it seemed to be configured for Sprint and tuned for the performance of the Sprint version of the HTC Touch Pro.
Old 05-14-2009, 01:32 PM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim
Re: WM 6.5 ROM for VZW Recommendation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neufusion View Post
Can someone please recommend a a good Windows 6.5 ROM running a current release (or close to current) of 6.5 that runs well on the Verizon HTC Touch Pro?

I was following Scott Crosler's ROMs at SSKusers.com but it looks like he's no longer supporting VZW 6.5 ROMs.

I tried another ROM but it seemed to be configured for Sprint and tuned for the performance of the Sprint version of the HTC Touch Pro.
I will be honest with you, the verizon wireless tp is not built for 6.5 being as it doensn't have enough ram to fully support 6.5. There are 6.5 builds out there but more then likely you will end up hating 6.5. It is not windows fault but the fault of your phone. So try at your own risk but don't hate on 6.5 when your phone is extremely buggy. I don't know which rom to refer you to but the thread below definitely proves my point. very heated discussion over 6.5 and all of the vzw users hate 6.5 ( but its really because of the lack of ram and proccessor speed)

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=67561
Old 05-14-2009, 01:38 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Verizon Droid
Carrier: Verizon Wireles

straylight is becoming a great contributor

NeuFusion,

It depends what you want. For all the toys I would recommend Mighty Rom, But being that you are a Verizon Wireless customer like myself, you dont have too much RAM to spare. BOREDs Kitchens are pretty well equipped and i have to say, VERY fast.

Of course those are just my opinions, there's plenty to choose from and more to discover.

Have fun, and be sure to read the Stickys at the top of the forum for information on how to flash.

EDIT: As a VZ user, ive had a pretty positive experience with 6.5. It just means as an owner of a phone with 1/2 the ram (of other carriers), that I dont have that much free ram to play with. Since 6.5 has less memory leaks; Ill never flash my phone back to a 6.1 ROM. Definetely worth a shot.

Last edited by straylight; 05-14-2009 at 03:03 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-14-2009, 03:26 PM
Rickvette

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Go with Bored's new kitchen.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-14-2009, 03:35 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: VZW

the4head is just getting started

Scott actually has a 6.5 rom available on his site, you can dl from the forum.

I have been running it on my VZW TP and customized Titanium/Chrome and have found it to be very solid. I believe it is based on the 21501 build.
Old 05-14-2009, 03:46 PM
Mobileunderground.info
Pocket PC: HD2
Carrier: T-Mobile

bikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to bikeandestroyx Send a message via MSN to bikeandestroyx

I just posted my 6.5 rom. Its great so far! And i made it with verizon in mind
Its a mobile shell rom, but i made it so you can uninstall mobile shell if you dont want it!
Old 05-14-2009, 06:03 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Neufusion is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibmxx187 View Post
I just posted my 6.5 rom. Its great so far! And i made it with verizon in mind
Its a mobile shell rom, but i made it so you can uninstall mobile shell if you dont want it!
Where did you post it to?
Old 05-14-2009, 06:51 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: LG Touch
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

rhannahs19 is keeping up the good workrhannahs19 is keeping up the good workrhannahs19 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to rhannahs19

Quote:
Originally Posted by p-slim View Post
I will be honest with you, the verizon wireless tp is not built for 6.5 being as it doensn't have enough ram to fully support 6.5. There are 6.5 builds out there but more then likely you will end up hating 6.5. It is not windows fault but the fault of your phone. So try at your own risk but don't hate on 6.5 when your phone is extremely buggy. I don't know which rom to refer you to but the thread below definitely proves my point. very heated discussion over 6.5 and all of the vzw users hate 6.5 ( but its really because of the lack of ram and proccessor speed)

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=67561
vz tp does not have a slower processor, just less ram
Old 05-14-2009, 07:00 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Neufusion is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neufusion View Post
Where did you post it to?
Nevermind... Figured out that your sig was a link. Any plans on upgrading your ROM to 21501 or higher?
Old 05-14-2009, 07:11 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint

scrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

I say go with my ROM ;c)

Donations always accepted but never expected!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro