PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-19-2009, 08:52 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: PALM PRE
Carrier: VERIZON
Threadstarter

gurrumino is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sprint PRO/DIAMOND on Verizon (This time the HARD WAY)

Yesterday i made it work!!!

Everything is working perfect now... 3g access, GPS, phone calls... everything!.... no roaming triangle here (modified prl), and the banner i just edited it.

I used some common sense when editing the settings (programming) with qpst...
Old 05-20-2009, 03:36 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: TouchPro 2
Carrier: Verizon

violentz313 is keeping up the good workviolentz313 is keeping up the good work

So i finally have the issue everyone has been talking about with every soft reset turning into a hard reset. I understand in order to fix i need to flash back to a sprint shipped rom.

My question is will i have to re-do all the qpst radio setting changes i made for the phone to be able to work on verizon. Im under the asumption that flashing a shipped will update the radio in turn changing all my settings.

I have to make sure because in the sprint diamond on verizon thread some people said verizon fixed the loop hole people where using to activate the sprint diamonds through verizon and if updating my radio will prevent me from reactivating on verizon tht is deffintly something i dont want to do.
Old 05-20-2009, 04:57 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: PALM PRE
Carrier: VERIZON
Threadstarter

gurrumino is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by violentz313 View Post
So i finally have the issue everyone has been talking about with every soft reset turning into a hard reset. I understand in order to fix i need to flash back to a sprint shipped rom.

My question is will i have to re-do all the qpst radio setting changes i made for the phone to be able to work on verizon. Im under the asumption that flashing a shipped will update the radio in turn changing all my settings.

I have to make sure because in the sprint diamond on verizon thread some people said verizon fixed the loop hole people where using to activate the sprint diamonds through verizon and if updating my radio will prevent me from reactivating on verizon tht is deffintly something i dont want to do.
I'd start doing just two things, and then part from there.

1.- restore the original SPC code that came originally with your phone. *sprint's SPC code.
2.-flash a sprint's stock rom...

Activate the phone with a sprint line (yeah, the MEID)....

Then you can part from here!. i think Sprint network will take of every setting in your phone, if it doesn't just call them and they'll help you out with the manual programming.

EDIT: ops, i thought you were talking about getting your phone back to sprint!!!. lol. well, if you don't want to take care of the configuration, just read all the settings in your phone with QPST programming tool, and then save the settings file in you pc.... after the soft-reset (that might turn in a hard reset) just write back all the settings with a couple of clicks... i'd try this way.

Last edited by gurrumino; 05-20-2009 at 05:04 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro