PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-15-2009, 06:48 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint Sero Premium 500 Premier Gold!

kirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Trying to get email setup just right

OK, here's the holy grail for my on email:

1. Get email pushed from my earthlink email account in a timely manner.
1a If the above isn't possible at lease download at regular intervals.

2. Get notified (ring) when it arrives except between 9PM and 8 AM

3. When sending or replying to emails have the "Reply to" address appear as my earthlink address.

I can forward thru Hotmail and get timed forwards, but then my replies appear to come from hotmail.
I can just set up the earthlink account through the TP client, but I have to settle for downloads every x minutes/hours, and I would have to turn off the notifications every night so it won't wake me up with every new email. (I use the phone for an alarm clock so I don't turn it off overnight.)

Any ideas?
Old 05-15-2009, 09:24 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

dave01978 is keeping up the good workdave01978 is keeping up the good work
Re: Trying to get email setup just right

ok for the sync the only way to push and show its from you would be a 3rd party app like seven or an exchange host (i use exchange from a guy over at xda for about $3.00 a month works great for pushing and shows my domain), otherwise just set to how ever often you want to check in settings

now for not ringing email at night the only thing I know of is spb phone suite has a time based option that will allow you to change ringer volume, email and text chimes off for a bunch of reasons, I have mine set to turn off at night and works great (I am still on the trial of it, but thinking its worth the money to turn the ringer off at night)

Dave

Old 05-15-2009, 10:31 PM
VIP n00b
Pocket PC: iPhone
Carrier: AT&T

Rusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIP
Send a message via Yahoo to Rusty Duck

To not have email notifications at night you can just turn push off.

ActiveSync > schedule

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-15-2009, 10:51 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

dave01978 is keeping up the good workdave01978 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsousan View Post

ActiveSync > schedule
Thats cool, I never new that feature was there.
Old 05-15-2009, 11:27 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

kirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsousan View Post

ActiveSync > schedule
That would be great if that option were on pop3 email, but it doesn't seem to be. Since I'm using earthlink and I'm not on an exchange server, I don't think I can do that.
Old 05-16-2009, 12:33 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

OK, I may have found just the ticket:

http://www.gudensoft.com/emailscheduler/

"Email Scheduler is a simple service program for Windows Mobile Devices that will automatically change your email polling settings. This means that just like ActiveSync, you can now have a schedule for all of your email accounts to check for messages. Setup is a snap, just install the cab, run the email scheduler settings program, set it the way you want, and save! The rest will be handled by the program. This is actually 2 programs, one is the service that gets launched when needed, the other control's the settings. WM can launch programs at certain times, and this takes advantage of that so there is no constantly running program (no footprint!). "

I just installed it, looks promising.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 05-16-2009, 10:27 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

regression is keeping up the good workregression is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirstein View Post
OK, I may have found just the ticket:

http://www.gudensoft.com/emailscheduler/

"Email Scheduler is a simple service program for Windows Mobile Devices that will automatically change your email polling settings. This means that just like ActiveSync, you can now have a schedule for all of your email accounts to check for messages. Setup is a snap, just install the cab, run the email scheduler settings program, set it the way you want, and save! The rest will be handled by the program. This is actually 2 programs, one is the service that gets launched when needed, the other control's the settings. WM can launch programs at certain times, and this takes advantage of that so there is no constantly running program (no footprint!). "

I just installed it, looks promising.
I haven't seen that program, it does look promising. I'd be interested in hearing what you think of it after using it for a bit. Thanks for the link.
Old 05-16-2009, 12:20 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Rhodium W (Sprint Touch Pro 2 CDMA)
Carrier: Sprint - SERO

mstevens is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmstevens is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmstevens is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

If you want to check email but not get audio notifications, check out G-Profile. It's a free utility that gives you the ability to set up profiles (sound options including volume, mute, vibration, and even changing rints, backlight settings, radio settings including phone, bluetooth, wifi, etc.) based on all sorts of different criteria (day, time, cell tower ID, various calendar properties such as free or busy, whether a headset or charger is plugged in, etc.)

You could easily accomplish your goal using G-Profile.

http://www.ageye.de/index.php?s=gprofile/about
Old 05-16-2009, 01:15 PM
VIP n00b
Pocket PC: iPhone
Carrier: AT&T

Rusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIP
Send a message via Yahoo to Rusty Duck

Quote:
Originally Posted by mstevens View Post
If you want to check email but not get audio notifications, check out G-Profile. It's a free utility that gives you the ability to set up profiles (sound options including volume, mute, vibration, and even changing rints, backlight settings, radio settings including phone, bluetooth, wifi, etc.) based on all sorts of different criteria (day, time, cell tower ID, various calendar properties such as free or busy, whether a headset or charger is plugged in, etc.)

You could easily accomplish your goal using G-Profile.

http://www.ageye.de/index.php?s=gprofile/about
Sounds just like SPB Phone Suite but free!!! And you gotta like free...

Thanks for the heads up
Old 05-17-2009, 11:36 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by regression View Post
I haven't seen that program, it does look promising. I'd be interested in hearing what you think of it after using it for a bit. Thanks for the link.
Ok, after 36 hours with http://www.gudensoft.com/emailscheduler/ I can say it does exactly what it the author claims in a clean low impact way. Totally solved my problem. He's got a cool radar app on the page also. Starts up twice a day to change the download settings then shuts down again. Very cool.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro