PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-16-2009, 09:19 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Palm Pre
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

ian3047 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Warranty phone was junk

Well I got phone number 2, a refurb that looked ok. But would never stop charging, the battery never tops off. This time they even sent me a new Sprint branded battery that doesn't ever go to full or stop charging either. It also gets VERY hot.
So I call back in, and got to 7 different people till I got someone to process the next order. I said I am sending these 2 refurb phones back, which they seemed to only know about one of them and acted puzzled. So now another is being shipped. They told me this is all they can do to keep sending me them. They all told me they don't send new phone out at all unless you buy a new one. Further told me they could not set it up to swap at a sprint store. So I guess now I wait for phone number 3 and see what I get. This is getting old fast. They refuse to do anything other than keep sending them out. So I guess Monday when the next one comes I'll be sending three back.
Another thing retentions did was after telling me they will get me all set was put me on hold for fifteen mins and come back and tell me ok sir I got it settled. I added equipment protection to your plan for $7 a month and now you can get a refurb shipped from us not the other warehouse and we can pick a better one. I'm like what? I pay for the same refurb just from somewhere else. No thanks. I rather put $7 a month into a saving account than have insurance. She didn't even ask just did it.
They are getting worse and worse when I call, it's been months and they have gotten worse. The last time I called at least the menus worked for the call.
Old 05-16-2009, 09:28 PM
I have the WIFI's
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint >>>>>

rezn is a VIPrezn is a VIPrezn is a VIPrezn is a VIPrezn is a VIPrezn is a VIPrezn is a VIPrezn is a VIPrezn is a VIPrezn is a VIPrezn is a VIP
Send a message via MSN to rezn

I just ordered a new phone from Asurion because my replacement's keyboard died. After reading your post, I am very worried that I will receive a POS in the mail.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-16-2009, 09:36 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

ian3047 is a n00b

They claim Asurion is who is sending my warranty phones. That's why she said If I get the Insurance they can send them from a "better" sprint warehouse. I said wait, Asurion sends them, but signup for their insurance and I'll get a phone from them only "better". I was getting the run around. Well hopefully you won't get crap. My first refurb was an october build date. I wasn't thrilled with having a much older handset.
Old 05-16-2009, 09:38 PM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)

if you keep getting bad phones, take hbenz2008s' advice and keep sending them back. sometimes they send out bad phones just to make sure they're bad!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-17-2009, 01:25 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: VZW

jsntrenkler is becoming a great contributor

I will be the first to tell you that Asurian's refurbs are crap, however I have never seen them send out anything that looks as if it were used? .. They normally replace all the exterior components "and don't do a great job at reassembling"
Old 05-17-2009, 03:43 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch

VenumX is keeping up the good workVenumX is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to VenumX Send a message via MSN to VenumX Send a message via Yahoo to VenumX

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsntrenkler View Post
I will be the first to tell you that Asurian's refurbs are crap, however I have never seen them send out anything that looks as if it were used? .. They normally replace all the exterior components "and don't do a great job at reassembling"
Asurion can screw up from time to time, but if you knew how many claims were made a day; it is pretty understandable that there would be a few flukes. They have an overwhelming daily goal of phones to fix due to so many people killing their phones. I work in a Sprint corporate repair center / sales location and I can tell you I make at least 5 claims a day for customers, not including stuff we can fix / replace in the store. I have only seen one instance in the last 2 years where a customer got an extremely beat up Mogul replacement; other than that Asurion's track record has been great in the store. I'm sure you will get a replacement that is in great condition; I wouldn't worry about them screwing up multiple times in a row. Good luck to you though.
Old 05-17-2009, 07:09 AM
Gatornator
Pocket PC: Palm Pre /3 EVO 4G's/1 moPho!

gator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

yeah, for my instance, i can't really blame any one company and I'm sure my replacement was a fluke but still, mine was totally unacceptable. Like I said before, I will keep replacing it till I'm satisfied. I don't care if it has a little scratch on it or the d-pad is raised a little but on this replacement, I have to litteraly hold or string out the USB cord for it stay in place to charge because the whole area around the usb port is mangled. That to me is not in working condition. I'm sure they will straighten it out and send a good one.
Old 05-17-2009, 11:23 AM
DaFlowMaster
Pocket PC: TP2 IPHONE 3GS 5.1.1
Carrier: GSM...

HBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via AIM to HBOOT

you said it well man, dont settle for some second class TP
Old 05-17-2009, 11:34 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: sprint

zepsamsung is becoming a PPCGeeks regularzepsamsung is becoming a PPCGeeks regularzepsamsung is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I went to the store when I was having issues with chrome and battery problems. Gave me a new phone and everything in the box, extra battery and charger.
Old 05-17-2009, 04:57 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

ian3047 is a n00b

But how old was your phone? Mine is warranty only.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro