PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-14-2009, 11:06 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: TP
Carrier: Sprint

elosogrande7076 is keeping up the good workelosogrande7076 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
location setting on today screen

Hey guys, quick question.....i was wondering if anyone knew how to have location setting listed on the today screen. I know have seen some custom roms do this so i know that it should be able to be done via a reg edit or cab. If anyone can help i greatly appreciate it. Thank you
Old 05-14-2009, 11:10 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

razorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Yahoo to razorloves
Re: location setting on today screen

Quote:
Originally Posted by elosogrande7076 View Post
Hey guys, quick question.....i was wondering if anyone knew how to have location setting listed on the today screen. I know have seen some custom roms do this so i know that it should be able to be done via a reg edit or cab. If anyone can help i greatly appreciate it. Thank you
to enable and disable gps? or do you mean for weather? if for weather, what rom are you using?

Last edited by razorloves; 05-14-2009 at 11:16 AM.
Old 05-14-2009, 11:32 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

elosogrande7076 is keeping up the good workelosogrande7076 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by razorloves View Post
to enable and disable gps? or do you mean for weather? if for weather, what rom are you using?

I meant to enable GPS. I dont use GPS a lot but when i do i didnt want to have to go to settings then phone, then services, then location settings when i saw that it was possible to have that setting on my today screen.
Old 05-14-2009, 11:37 AM
VIP Member

razorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
I meant to enable GPS. I dont use GPS a lot but when i do i didnt want to have to go to settings then phone, then services, then location settings when i saw that it was possible to have that setting on my today screen.
Like this? http://www.smartdevicefreeware.com/g...ff-on-the-fly/
There are several others, but that's the first result from a google search.

Last edited by razorloves; 05-14-2009 at 12:37 PM.
Old 05-14-2009, 01:12 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

Quote:
Like this? http://www.smartdevicefreeware.com/g...ff-on-the-fly/
There are several others, but that's the first result from a google search.
kinda but there was a way to actually put location setting on the today screen. I saw it in a custom rom (unfortunately since i flash roms a lot i cant remember who/which one had it) I have tried the one above and some similar ones but to me they are not working (either not VGA or i need to have location setting turned on then have that program turned off, etc) Any ideas?
Old 05-14-2009, 01:50 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: GS3/stock&unrooted

skeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on rep

i remember the "dial lookup" option lets u access that particular info(location settings)...is there an option to check it on ur today settings preferences??
Old 05-14-2009, 02:11 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
I was curious why you even need this. You do understand that when you enable it, it doesn't turn it on. It will only turn on when you open a gps program, so why not just leave it enabled? Just wanted to make sure you u knew that. I looked real quick and couldn't find what you're talkin about. sorry
Old 05-15-2009, 09:43 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

Quote:
I was curious why you even need this. You do understand that when you enable it, it doesn't turn it on. It will only turn on when you open a gps program, so why not just leave it enabled? Just wanted to make sure you u knew that. I looked real quick and couldn't find what you're talkin about. sorry

To my understanding (from reading different posts) that by having it disabled will save battery (i also notice that a lot of the custom roms i download have it turned off from start). Because of this i would leave it off and when i do decide to use GPS (it isnt always but enough times that i dont want to go thru the steps of going thru the steps thru the phone setting to turn it on and off) i could just go to the today screen and turned it on/off there. thanks for your help though.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro