PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-14-2009, 06:34 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Incredible
Carrier: Verizon

Weapondrift knows their stuffWeapondrift knows their stuffWeapondrift knows their stuffWeapondrift knows their stuffWeapondrift knows their stuffWeapondrift knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Kitchen Failing to build

For the last couple of months I have been attempting to see what a Kitchen would be like on my phone. When I attempt to build the kitchen I click on what programs I do and what programs I do not want. After this I press the PLAY button and each time some sort of error occurs saying that "this service already exists" (or similar). Ill stop right here and say this is where I THINK my issue is coming from however, since the error is something like dbkey I dont understand what this program is and where to find it...Its usually at the end of the build and by clicking OK The Kitchen closes and the ROM builds
After this is done I click EXIT and the ROM builds. RUU opens and asks me if I want to build this rom...I say sure why not. The utility flashs the rom and then thats when my phone gives me the middle finger. The RUU flashes, Phone resets and then gets stuck in Loading Screen.
1) Am i doing the steps correctly?
2) If not what do i specificly need to do or not do?

Ill post what the error is later if I can get online :/

DavidinCT "I was going to say something like......So I bumped into your girl and noticed the cheeze...then she said she was happy to find a real man....but, I just cant"
Old 05-14-2009, 08:42 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Droid X

razorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Yahoo to razorloves
Re: Kitchen Failing to build

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weapondrift View Post
For the last couple of months I have been attempting to see what a Kitchen would be like on my phone. When I attempt to build the kitchen I click on what programs I do and what programs I do not want. After this I press the PLAY button and each time some sort of error occurs saying that "this service already exists" (or similar). Ill stop right here and say this is where I THINK my issue is coming from however, since the error is something like dbkey I dont understand what this program is and where to find it...Its usually at the end of the build and by clicking OK The Kitchen closes and the ROM builds
After this is done I click EXIT and the ROM builds. RUU opens and asks me if I want to build this rom...I say sure why not. The utility flashs the rom and then thats when my phone gives me the middle finger. The RUU flashes, Phone resets and then gets stuck in Loading Screen.
1) Am i doing the steps correctly?
2) If not what do i specificly need to do or not do?

Ill post what the error is later if I can get online :/
I can't tell exactly until you give us the error that you're getting but it sounds like you might be selecting too many things. Like for a manila, you can only check one. You have to pay close attention. It will usually tell you what things you can only pick one of. Which kitchen you using?

Also, for future reference, you posted this in the wrong place. read this http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=65925
Old 05-14-2009, 05:46 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Weapondrift knows their stuffWeapondrift knows their stuffWeapondrift knows their stuffWeapondrift knows their stuffWeapondrift knows their stuffWeapondrift knows their stuff

im trying to use IIIboredIII's kitchen and a buddy of mines kitchen and the Simple Axe kitchen Ill post the error in a sec.

Last edited by Weapondrift; 05-14-2009 at 05:49 PM.
Old 05-14-2009, 06:06 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2/ Driod Incredible
Carrier: The red headed stepchild

lllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation level

first.... if you press play and buildOS errors you need to stop there.... closing build OS will commence the kitchen process with a partially constructed ROM which will render it useless....

have you added any OEM's? my kitchens are tested will full options to help prevent such error... once in a blue moon one will slip thru but not often

another thing... if you get an error look at the bottom left corner of buildOS and you will see the folder that caused the error... get me that info please

Accepted NOT Expected
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-14-2009, 06:58 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Palm Prē
Carrier: Sprint

fr4nk1yn is keeping up the good workfr4nk1yn is keeping up the good workfr4nk1yn is keeping up the good work

Your buddy's kitchen may not be totally stable yet O.o
If you've DL'd before yesterday DL again.

Post what issues your having with that kitchen where you got the link.
Try using that kitchen with the default programs checked and see it it builds.

If you have an errors DO NOT flash even if the process builds a ROM as lllboredlll said.
Radio: Sprint 1.11.00F
Old 05-14-2009, 10:08 PM
The Voice of Reason
Pocket PC: PPC 6700/Touch Diamond/Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

Big D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Moved to Main TP Forum
“It is from numberless diverse acts of courage and belief that human history is shaped. Each time a man stands up for an ideal, or acts to improve the lot of others, or strikes out against injustice, he sends forth a tiny ripple of hope.”

Robert Kennedy

Ha y'all come visit me at WMExperts some time.
Old 05-15-2009, 03:43 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lllboredlll View Post
first.... if you press play and buildOS errors you need to stop there.... closing build OS will commence the kitchen process with a partially constructed ROM which will render it useless....

have you added any OEM's? my kitchens are tested will full options to help prevent such error... once in a blue moon one will slip thru but not often

another thing... if you get an error look at the bottom left corner of buildOS and you will see the folder that caused the error... get me that info please
I think i have figured it out...it looks as tho I am placing to many manilias in the build. If I DO encounter another error I will post it. I tried it a few minutes ago and it worked fine. Thanks for all you do IIIboredIII.

sometimes I get to impatient. Especially when I cant find the answer right away. :/

Quote:
Originally Posted by fr4nk1yn View Post
Your buddy's kitchen may not be totally stable yet O.o
If you've DL'd before yesterday DL again.

Post what issues your having with that kitchen where you got the link.
Try using that kitchen with the default programs checked and see it it builds.

If you have an errors DO NOT flash even if the process builds a ROM as lllboredlll said.
had to change my Page Pool to 9 in order for it to work but it looks good now.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro