PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-13-2009, 08:09 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint

machineking369 is keeping up the good workmachineking369 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to machineking369
Exclamation Broken Chrome.

I've had my touch pro since about February and just about 10 minutes ago the chrome on top of the up volume button is completely off you can see the insides of the phone. I do have the insurance but i don't know if i should make a claim or not. I don't really want to get a replacement because i love the phone but if it means the phone the rest of the phone is going to start deteriorating then i don't know. Any ideas?
Old 05-13-2009, 08:11 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EPIC

Unknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIP
Re: Broken Chrome.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...peeling+chrome

Here is a thread about "Chrome Issues" check it out it might be covered.
Don't just say "Thanks"....give
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-13-2009, 08:17 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D
Threadstarter

machineking369 is keeping up the good workmachineking369 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to machineking369

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknown Zone View Post
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...peeling+chrome

Here is a thread about "Chrome Issues" check it out it might be covered.
Thanks i just want to say i appreciate your quick reply. I saw that thread already. The crack isn't like the one in that picture it's a big one from the up volume button to almost the top of the phone. The chrome is completely off.
Old 05-13-2009, 08:23 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EPIC

Unknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIP

your welcome, almost sounds like a defect...I would call sprint..etc explain what is going on and maybe just maybe they will work with you.

Good Luck!
Old 05-13-2009, 08:52 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: TP
Carrier: Duh, think about it...

Talon Pro is becoming a PPCGeeks regularTalon Pro is becoming a PPCGeeks regularTalon Pro is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by machineking369 View Post
Thanks i just want to say i appreciate your quick reply. I saw that thread already. The crack isn't like the one in that picture it's a big one from the up volume button to almost the top of the phone. The chrome is completely off.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknown Zone View Post
your welcome, almost sounds like a defect...I would call sprint..etc explain what is going on and maybe just maybe they will work with you.

Good Luck!
Yea its not called 'Insurance', its called, 'WARRANTY'. Its a defect nonetheless. Although i could not find the terms of the warranty (Samsung has a one year from purchase date) it does state that the touch screen is not covered from mis-use, other than that, i guess its a crap shoot. But still, i dont know why people go through the insurance route when a lot of this stuff, like the keyboard issue, seems to be a defect. I dont have any probs with the KB, but then i also dont keep the phone in my pocket...
Old 05-13-2009, 10:35 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

phistyle is becoming a PPCGeeks regularphistyle is becoming a PPCGeeks regularphistyle is becoming a PPCGeeks regularphistyle is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I had scratches on my chrome but I got mines the day it came out last year and didn't realize it was a "known issue" that the chrome easily scratches on the early touch pros released....I emailed sprint ecare and they said it was a known issue and would exchange my touch pro for another one free of charge...I went to a sprint store and they ordered one and it should be here friday...
Old 05-14-2009, 08:04 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint 4G EVO

BLawicki is keeping up the good workBLawicki is keeping up the good work

I work for sprint. It's covered. Take it in. I just did a swap for mine.
Old 05-14-2009, 12:02 PM
Coz-erator
Pocket PC: Sprint Galaxy Note 2 & other misc digital devices

CozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to CozBoogie Send a message via Yahoo to CozBoogie

Problem solved...case closed.

Thanks for your understanding.

late,
Coz

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro