PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   ROM trouble....touch pro keeps restarting (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=68512)

rodreed 05-13-2009 11:14 PM

ROM trouble....touch pro keeps restarting

hey guys i have a major problem. i was switching to a new rom (being that my previous one was just a demo i guess and it expired after 2 weeks) everything was correct to the best of my knowledge:

1) phone was fully charged
2) connected via usb
3) activesync connection was established
4) only RUU was running on pc

Well it updated my rom image, and loaded to 100% but as it rebooted it stayed on the "touch pro" screen & i noticed that the little disclaimer that normally pops up (*preparing device for first use....etc) never appeared. So i waited ten minutes and it still never pops up, all of a sudden the phone goes to the tri-color screen & stays there :scratch:. Waited another 10 minutes then reset the phone (used the stylus to push the reset button bcuz as u kno this is the only to leave the tri-color screen). Since then my phone has constantly been rebooting itself (going on 45 minutes now). I am unable to connect to activesync so i am unable to try the hard spl again.](*,) Any help guys? i would be ever so appreciative!!!

enjoiblack 05-13-2009 11:48 PM

Re: ROM trouble....touch pro keeps restarting

Quote:

Originally Posted by rodreed (Post 913910)
hey guys i have a major problem. i was switching to a new rom (being that my previous one was just a demo i guess and it expired after 2 weeks) everything was correct to the best of my knowledge:

1) phone was fully charged
2) connected via usb
3) activesync connection was established
4) only RUU was running on pc

Well it updated my rom image, and loaded to 100% but as it rebooted it stayed on the "touch pro" screen & i noticed that the little disclaimer that normally pops up (*preparing device for first use....etc) never appeared. So i waited ten minutes and it still never pops up, all of a sudden the phone goes to the tri-color screen & stays there :scratch:. Waited another 10 minutes then reset the phone (used the stylus to push the reset button bcuz as u kno this is the only to leave the tri-color screen). Since then my phone has constantly been rebooting itself (going on 45 minutes now). I am unable to connect to activesync so i am unable to try the hard spl again.](*,) Any help guys? i would be ever so appreciative!!!

:laughing3:ok, i had this to happen to me.....for sum reason, some touch pros just wont accept certain roms
(remember how my touch pro would NEVER let me put mighty rom on it, but urs ran just fine).....so the only thing that i suggest is to remove the battery and put it back in. then hold the down volume key and power button(this gets the touch pro to the bootloader screen) and flash another rom.

phonics2 05-14-2009 12:04 AM

/nod if your in bootloader it won't activesync even if your computer reconizes your device.

So, get back into bootloader (tri-color screen) and reflash the same rom (sometimes a compatible rom won't flash right or install right) or a different rom from your PC.

CozBoogie 05-14-2009 11:34 AM

Moved to the Touch Pro Forum.

late,
Coz

bennysangel 05-14-2009 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phonics2 (Post 914009)
/nod if your in bootloader it won't activesync even if your computer reconizes your device.

So, get back into bootloader (tri-color screen) and reflash the same rom (sometimes a compatible rom won't flash right or install right) or a different rom from your PC.

I had the same problem. Could it be the ROM? Was trying to flash to 43REBORN MIGHTY ROM.