PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-13-2009, 11:31 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

Perasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [5/13/09] Testing Silence9 vs SilenceX vs Mighty5 vs Juicy7 vs SSK2.0 more to com

I actually like to see reviews like this. Someone else did/is doing an extended use test. But by the time they get through testing 2 ROMs, the ones they had previously tested have been updated twice, thus the review is no longer useful. I also like to see who has which version of TF3D, etc. If the review isn't useful to you, fine, but no need to slam the guy, as it may be useful to someone else.

Projects: (PeraStats 1.7) (PeraCount with Clock 1.3) (PeraCount 1.3) (PeraProfiler 1.2) (S2U2Lock 1.1)
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 05-13-2009, 11:32 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: Telus Mobility

MightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation level
Re: [5/13/09] Testing Silence9 vs SilenceX vs Mighty5 vs Juicy7 vs SSK2.0 more to com

Nice breakdown!
Old 05-13-2009, 11:44 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO3D + Vogue

leylomo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularleylomo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularleylomo is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

should test, mightyrom reborn
Old 05-13-2009, 11:52 PM
Just call me Dr. Doctor
Pocket PC: Nexus 6
Carrier: Bitch ass, big red

mlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6700Yuma View Post
I actually like to see reviews like this. Someone else did/is doing an extended use test. But by the time they get through testing 2 ROMs, the ones they had previously tested have been updated twice, thus the review is no longer useful. I also like to see who has which version of TF3D, etc. If the review isn't useful to you, fine, but no need to slam the guy, as it may be useful to someone else.
Interesting... i don't recall seeing anyone 'slamming the guy,' but my vision is bad at times.
Old 05-14-2009, 12:02 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Rhodium
Threadstarter

selytch is becoming a PPCGeeks regularselytch is becoming a PPCGeeks regularselytch is becoming a PPCGeeks regularselytch is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: Real life Silence9 vs SilenceX vs Mighty5 vs Juicy7

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlin View Post
From what I can tell, you are using these ROMs for only a few minutes at a time, and based on this, I have to disagree you that all ROMs are pretty much the same... Longevity and lasting stability is something to consider and that not every ROM has. My experience is in order to get a thorough feel for a ROMs speed and stability, you have to use it for more than a few minutes IMHO. Thanks for the testing though, I think the numbers are... well not sure, but thanks anyways.
I have used these ROMs in the past for at least a day each. I cannot call this an extensive testing, but they all are pretty usable.

I wanted to get over claims "my rom is the fastest" (nothing personal ). Though this would be a good objective measure.
Old 05-14-2009, 12:09 AM
Just call me Dr. Doctor
Pocket PC: Nexus 6
Carrier: Bitch ass, big red

mlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Re: Real life Silence9 vs SilenceX vs Mighty5 vs Juicy7

Quote:
Originally Posted by selytch View Post
I have used these ROMs in the past for at least a day each. I cannot call this an extensive testing, but they all are pretty usable.

I wanted to get over claims "my rom is the fastest" (nothing personal ). Though this would be a good objective measure.
Well then, for an out of the box initial speed test, I think this is a great and objective test with good testing parameters. Thanks for doing it!
Old 05-14-2009, 12:49 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: ppc-6700
Carrier: sprint

magic504 is a n00b

test star rom
Old 05-14-2009, 01:38 AM
Mobileunderground.info
Pocket PC: HD2
Carrier: T-Mobile

bikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to bikeandestroyx Send a message via MSN to bikeandestroyx
Re: [5/13] Speed test Silence9 vs SilenceX vs Mighty5 vs Juicy7 vs SSK2.0 more to com

hows about my rom..
want to see how it compares to the legendary chefs here!
Old 05-14-2009, 01:43 AM
What the VIP is going on!
Pocket PC: iPhone/TP2/TP1
Carrier: AT&T/Sprint

silence12782 can't get a higher reputation levelsilence12782 can't get a higher reputation levelsilence12782 can't get a higher reputation levelsilence12782 can't get a higher reputation levelsilence12782 can't get a higher reputation levelsilence12782 can't get a higher reputation levelsilence12782 can't get a higher reputation levelsilence12782 can't get a higher reputation levelsilence12782 can't get a higher reputation levelsilence12782 can't get a higher reputation levelsilence12782 can't get a higher reputation level
Re: [5/13] Speed test Silence9 vs SilenceX vs Mighty5 vs Juicy7 vs SSK2.0 more to com

sr9 has some pretty sick stats there too bad my computer crashed and i lost that beautiful kitchen.. Must of been that sexy sys 21042..
Old 05-14-2009, 02:06 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Rhodium
Threadstarter

selytch is becoming a PPCGeeks regularselytch is becoming a PPCGeeks regularselytch is becoming a PPCGeeks regularselytch is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by silence12782 View Post
sr9 has some pretty sick stats there too bad my computer crashed and i lost that beautiful kitchen.. Must of been that sexy sys 21042..
I do plan going back to sr9 (or maybe SSK...) once I done testing
Thanks for the work!
This post has been thanked 2 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro