PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-13-2009, 03:43 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

playa_made is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Help Unlocking

So im trying to unlock my phoen but everytime it goes into the usb screen it keeps giving me an error.
Old 05-13-2009, 04:08 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

a_c_s is keeping up the good worka_c_s is keeping up the good worka_c_s is keeping up the good work
Re: Help Unlocking

what is the error you are getting and how are you trying to unlock, via ActiveSync or the storage card? I had a lot of trouble although did eventually unlock via the storage card. I had a much easier time using ActiveSync, which worked right away...
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-13-2009, 04:09 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

playa_made is a n00b

using active sync
Old 05-13-2009, 04:16 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

playa_made is a n00b

error 284
Old 05-13-2009, 04:19 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: The everything you own plan by Sprint

vipertk8 is keeping up the good workvipertk8 is keeping up the good workvipertk8 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by playa_made View Post
using active sync

Not sure if you noticed this thread here.

TK

Old 05-13-2009, 05:30 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: touch pro, diamond

cndm101 is keeping up the good workcndm101 is keeping up the good work

if u have a sd card in take it out
Old 05-13-2009, 05:41 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

playa_made is a n00b

took sd card out, same thing.
Old 05-13-2009, 06:03 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Hero

epitaphromance is becoming a PPCGeeks regularepitaphromance is becoming a PPCGeeks regularepitaphromance is becoming a PPCGeeks regularepitaphromance is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

i would just try to flash via SD...

If I helped you in anyway, hit that THANKS
Old 05-13-2009, 07:08 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

razorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Yahoo to razorloves

Quote:
Originally Posted by playa_made View Post
So im trying to unlock my phoen but everytime it goes into the usb screen it keeps giving me an error.
Make sure you are following the "Preparations" and the "Instructions" here http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=42503. If still having a problem, I would reboot both computer and phone. If that don't work, try different usb port. If that don't work, reinstall Microsoft Activesync. If you just can't get it to work, then try to do the unlock from microSD card following these steps here http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=61333
Old 05-14-2009, 09:12 AM
Virtually, I am a Ppc
Pocket PC: SAMSUNG EPIC 4G

Hypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the community

ERROR [202, 204] : CONNECTION This error message will appear when the device is not connected to ActiveSync correctly. Make sure you properly connect the device to the PC through ActiveSync before running RUU.

ERROR [260] : CONNECTION
This error occurs when there is an “open port error” before upgrading the CE ROM image. Solution: You can reset the device and run RUU again. If you still encounter an “OPEN PORT ERROR” again, reset your computer and try again.

ERROR [206] : MEMORY ALLOCATIONERROR [280] : UPDATE ERROR When you see any of these error messages, close other running programs on the computer and run RUU again.

ERROR [208] : FILE OPENERROR [210] : FILE READ These error messages indicate that RUU lacks certain important files and cannot continue with the update. Please get the complete RUU package again.

ERROR [212] : FILE CREATEERROR [214] : FILE WRITEERROR [222, 224] : DEVICE NOT RESPONDING These error messages will appear when remote access control has failed. Check the ActiveSync connection and try running RUU again.

ERROR [220] : MAIN BATTERY POWER This error message will appear when the device’s battery power is not sufficient. Although RUU will instruct you to plug in the AC adapter, it still has to make sure that your device has enough power to upgrade the radio. (Even when you plug in the AC adapter, the device is unable to charge the battery when it is upgrading the radio).

ERROR [238] : FILE READ This error message may appear when, for some unknown reason, the ROM image on the Mobile Device is corrupt. Download the whole RUU and try again.

ERROR [240] : FILE OPEN When this error message appears, check whether the downloaded image is placed in the directory of RUU. If, for some unknown reason, you find that the ROM image is not located in the RUU folder, you have to download the RUU and retry again.

ERROR [242] : INVALID LANGUAGEERROR [244] : INVALID MODEL IDERROR [294] : INVALID VENDER IDERROR [296] : UPGRADE ONLY One of these error messages will appear when you use the wrong RUU to do the upgrade. RUU will check if the Model ID and Language ID are compatible with the device. Make sure you use the appropriate RUU tool to upgrade.

ERROR [246] : DEVICE NOT RESPONDING This error message indicates that RUU cannot start the update process. Please contact your service provider for assistance.

ERROR [262, 276, 284, 302] : UPDATE ERROR This error occurs during the CE ROM code upgrade process. Solution: If this happens, you can just soft-reset the device and run RUU again. The update process will then continue. Note: At this stage, the Wince is destroyed; instead, it is in upgrade mode.

ERROR [300] : INVALID UPDATE TOOL This error message will appear when you use the incorrect RUU version to upgrade.

ERROR [330] : ROM IMAGE ERROR This error message will appear when you use the incorrect RUU to upgrade and the image file size is larger than the Flash ROM size. In this case, download the correct RUU version to upgrade.

Q & A for RUU Upgrade

1. Q: How long will it take for the verification process to finish? A: It will take about 1 minute, but it also depends on the speed of your computer.

2. Q: What should I do if I see the progress bar turn red on the Mobile Device?A: Do not do anything. This is normal as the RUU is adjusting itself to complete the process. You should not interrupt it by pulling the device out of the cradle unless being prompted.

3. Q: During the upgrade, the progress bar is moving. If the error message (ERROR [262] : UPDATE ERROR) appears, what should I do?A: This may occur when the connection is lost, without power supply, computer host is down, or due to other unexpected cases. You will see that there’s still one progress bar displayed on the device but it is not moving any more. The device cannot get into the Wince screen, so you cannot connect with ActiveSync. This problem usually can be recovered. You just need to follow the instructions in the error message box, reset the device, and run RUU again. RUU will re-flash the whole image again.
Note: You should remove the battery and reset the Mobile Device.

5. Q: If I encounter ERROR [260] : CONNECTION, what should I do?A: You can reset the device and run RUU again. If you still encounter the same ERROR again, reset the computer PC and try again.

6. Q: If I encounter ERROR [300] : INVALID UPDATE TOOL, what should I do?A: This error message will appear when you use the incorrect RUU to upgrade. Please make sure you use the correct RUU version to upgrade.

7. Q: If I encounter ERROR [220] : MAIN BATTERY POWER, what should I do?A: , This error message appears when your device’s battery power is not sufficient. Although RUU will instruct you to plug in the AC adapter, it still has to make sure your device has enough power to upgrade the radio.

8. Q: I use RUU to update and failed, and my device always boots in three-color mode and cannot enter OS anymore, what should I do now?
A: If the update process has failed, you will see that your device will always boot in three-color mode. It’s normal and can be recovered.

Please follow the instructions below to reset your device and to establish a connection with the computer.

1. Disconnect your Mobile Device from the USB cradle/cable.

2. Reset your Mobile Device.

3. Reconnect your Mobile Device to the USB cradle/cable.

4. Check that the communication cradle/cable is connected properly.

5. Return to the ROM Update Utility.Note: You should ignore the ActiveSync connection.

**Got Lasers?? Check out our site for shows and equipment:
http://www.ctlasers.com/

-A quick thanks always helps!
This post has been thanked 3 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro