PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Bluetooth Strength (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=68416)

lexluthor 05-13-2009 08:50 AM

Bluetooth Strength

I find that, unless my phone is within about 2 feet of my bluetooth headset (I've tried a few), I start to get static on the headset.

Is there any way to adjust the bluetooth radio strength?

Anything else that might help?

I have a VZ TP.

shaggylive 05-13-2009 09:10 AM

Re: Bluetooth Strength

what headset? have you tried another make/model?

I guess, I don't know for sure with verizon, but some genious thought it was a good idea to put the antenna's under the battery door, covered by stickers. :(
are those stickers intact?

BigJohn89 05-13-2009 10:34 AM

I have the same issue with my Sprint TP, and MightyRom5. Didn't have the problem with the stock rom or other roms I tried.

Just thought I'd see if this can be fixed before flashing to another rom to fix this.

BigJohn

Oh yeah, headset is a Jabra BT250v

mikenerd 05-13-2009 02:51 PM

I have a sprint touch pro runing leaked vzn ROM and my BT strengh is great. I have been very happy with BT on HTC phones. I have the cheapest MOT headset and its perfect.

HBOOT 05-13-2009 05:24 PM

Only praise for TP when it comes to BT. I park my car ,walk into the post office to get my mail and I am still connected while TP is in the car.....go out to the back yard to let the dog out and I stay connected, go grab a take out and I amstill connected..I am talking about 40-50 feet.....Jawabone works well with TP stock.

Talon Pro 05-13-2009 09:13 PM

I dont think its the headset as much as the phone. I find my phone will auto reconnect if you walk out of range and back in. Its annoying cause the headset will be in one room, and ill have the phone waaaaaaay out of 'range' and will have to disable hands free device to talk lol.

I have a Samsung WEP200.

lexluthor 05-14-2009 12:11 AM

So then I guess there is no reg setting to bump up bluetooth strength?

HBOOT 05-14-2009 11:27 AM

I sugest you get a decent BT, 2ft range is just unacceptable man might as well use wires:mrgreen:

ben- 05-14-2009 12:59 PM

i have a few different bluetooths and get great range out of all of them. using mighty rom5.

The only one that is not so great is my moto stereo headset, i haven't paired it to another phone yet so i dont know if the reception issue is related to the bluetooth stereo,headset or the phone.

rviccaro 05-14-2009 01:55 PM

sometimes i'll leave my jawbone out in the car which has line-of-sight to my living room window and i'll try to answer the phone and then notice its still connected to the jawbone out in the car.