PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-12-2009, 11:40 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC PRO (SPRINT)
Carrier: Sprint

sandmage is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Cool After a rom update frenzy i went back to the stock!

Ever since i got the TP (around the time it came out) and found this forum..it's been one flash after another. Even the famous roms like MR and J7.x had issues and bugs.

Well i just got a new TP from sprint after a failed keyboard on my last TP and i must say that i might stick with the stock rom. I had no issues or bugs or crashes on it at all so far for the past 4 days

maybe this could be the curse to the flashing rampage everyone is going on hehe jk!
Old 05-12-2009, 12:54 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch

VenumX is keeping up the good workVenumX is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to VenumX Send a message via MSN to VenumX Send a message via Yahoo to VenumX
Re: After a rom update frenzy i went back to the stock!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandmage View Post
Ever since i got the TP (around the time it came out) and found this forum..it's been one flash after another. Even the famous roms like MR and J7.x had issues and bugs.

Well i just got a new TP from sprint after a failed keyboard on my last TP and i must say that i might stick with the stock rom. I had no issues or bugs or crashes on it at all so far for the past 4 days

maybe this could be the curse to the flashing rampage everyone is going on hehe jk!
Running the stock rom will run fine for a while, I ran it for a month before it started giving me issues every day. I can see where you would see bugs in the recent rom releases, as they are WM6.5 if you flash to an older stable 6.1 rom I think you would be much more happy with both your battery life and performance. It's just a matter of picking the right rom for yourself.
Old 05-12-2009, 12:59 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

razorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Yahoo to razorloves

Quote:
Originally Posted by VenumX View Post
I can see where you would see bugs in the recent rom releases, as they are WM6.5 if you flash to an older stable 6.1 rom I think you would be much more happy with both your battery life and performance. It's just a matter of picking the right rom for yourself.
Very well said.
WM6.5 is beta so it has bugs. I recommend Mighty Rom 4.16 or R3BORN for very stable and fast performance.
Old 05-12-2009, 01:04 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Hero
Carrier: Alltel

Rourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I can't imagine going back to the stock rom. When I bought the phone, I decided to leave it alone for a few weeks and really get a feel for the stock settings, to make sure a flash was really necessary and worth the risk. Not 12 hours later I'd made up my mind and was flashing.
Old 05-12-2009, 01:28 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: palm pre

yotoad is keeping up the good workyotoad is keeping up the good work

I ran stock (highly tweaked mind you) for 5 months, but now i'm running Silence9 -- so fast, running really well, new radio image too
sony clie peg-t665c: 5/2002-3/2006
palm v - 5/1999-4/2002
Old 05-12-2009, 01:40 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro/Touch Diamond/BlackBerry Tour 9630

basilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuff
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

I have been running and enjoying only the Stock ROM since I purchased the phone on Nov 1.

Haven't felt the need to upgrade. I have installed some tweak things for Tf3d, but hat's about it.
Old 05-12-2009, 02:34 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 3D

princem131 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularprincem131 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularprincem131 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularprincem131 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to princem131 Send a message via Yahoo to princem131

I've run quite a few of the custom Roms and enjoyed most of them but the stock rom (with some tweaks) is much more stable and hassle free for me. Though the urge to flash usually comes back and i flash for a while then return to stock. I typically use stock when im too busy to tinker with the custom roms. I would really love to learn to cook my own that way i could have exactly what i want. I have no idea how u guys cook these things up, I'm always impressed.
Old 05-12-2009, 02:36 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

I ran a stock ROM for about a month, but now I run Mighty 4.16 & I find that every bit as stable as any stock ROM.

~John
Old 05-12-2009, 02:39 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Moment

blazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to blazinazn

Quote:
Originally Posted by princem131 View Post
I've run quite a few of the custom Roms and enjoyed most of them but the stock rom (with some tweaks) is much more stable and hassle free for me. Though the urge to flash usually comes back and i flash for a while then return to stock. I typically use stock when im too busy to tinker with the custom roms. I would really love to learn to cook my own that way i could have exactly what i want. I have no idea how u guys cook these things up, I'm always impressed.
That's one of the main reasons why I don't even mess with Custom ROM's. I'm really picky when it comes to customizing my phone and there is always something I don't like. I'd rather just stick with the stock and tweak it to my liking.

I've flashed a custom ROM so I don't know what I'm missing I guess :shrugs: I'm content with just running stock though.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro