PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   I'm convinced (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=68334)

michaeln 05-12-2009 12:56 PM

I'm convinced

I'm convinced the HTC Touch Pro is a horrible product. After battling constant issues with power and freezing up (even resulting to trying numerous roms), I am giving up on this phone. It will now be a mobile modem for me only. My 8700g will once again be my saving grace for actually getting things done.

rafyrod 05-12-2009 01:04 PM

Re: I'm convinced

get the treo pro, is a very solid phone and baterry last way longer than the touch pro/diamond.! i did switch from the diamond to treo pro and i like it better

Roustermiller 05-12-2009 01:15 PM

get the palm pre the best thing coming this year

triggerman53 05-12-2009 01:22 PM

I dont think that its the hardware.I think the problem is windows.I'v had the original Touch,Diamond,Pro,and Treo pro,and even though the treo was the most stable(just couldnt get used to the screen and very small keyboard)they all froze.

scrosler 05-12-2009 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by michaeln (Post 910641)
I'm convinced the HTC Touch Pro is a horrible product. After battling constant issues with power and freezing up (even resulting to trying numerous roms), I am giving up on this phone. It will now be a mobile modem for me only. My 8700g will once again be my saving grace for actually getting things done.

I wouldnt say its horrible. When you say horrible I think of like Bag phones... but atleast those didint freeze up!

The pro is very tempermental, just like all WIndows Phones. I have had all the latest HTC phones for hte past couple years. The one I liked the best was the HTC Vouge. Honestly. Next best thing is the Diamond. I stopped using my Pro because it was so bulky.

Wife got the Treo Po when I got the new Diamond a couple months back. Not gonna lie, I actually thought about going non HTC for the first time in years. The ONLY ONLY reason I did not go with the Treo is the screen res. If that had the same screen and res as my Diamond then there woudl have been no doubt I woudl have gone with the Treo. But alas, I think HTC has the best screens and that is the single most important thing for me. As well, the Diamond SEEMS to have less issues than the Pro's.

But anyways, just rambling. Good luck to you whatever you decide to do!

bkhoste 05-12-2009 02:19 PM

Let me start of by saying that I am not flaming anyone. I think it would be handy to know what programs you are running before we just deam the TP a horrible product and call it a day. I just ran my TP with Sprints Stock Rom, push mail turned off, auto weather update off. The only thing I left on was the radio. I made about 10 calls, 40 text messages and searched the internet for about 20 min. After 48 hours I had 30% battery left, I know that we don't all run with the stock ROM and we add programs that eat battery life or freeze the phone up ( I know my facts will get me flamed, but I will ignore those people), and that there is more power users out there then me. I have a problem with the heat that this phone puts out, I was thinking of cooking an egg on it after a 20 min phone call but figured that would void my warrenty.

jsntrenkler 05-12-2009 02:23 PM

I too think the Touch Pro is crap! ... I think it's mostly Windows Mobile, I really want to love this phone, however I am just waiting to see what comes out next on Verizon. I will say that I like the Touch Pro better than the Blackberry Storm that I had prior.

jmorton10 05-12-2009 02:33 PM

Well, I'm gonna have to disagree here.

I have three TP's & I LOVE them. They are all highly tweaked & have every program & app ever invented in them (one of them has so many apps installed that it only has 30 megs of memory left)

Mine NEVER freeze up unless I do something stupid. The one I use daily has been running for a week now without a restart & it's still running just fine........

~John

michaeln 05-12-2009 04:08 PM

Before I junk this phone, I'm going to make one final attempt to reconsile and use a 6.1 ROM instead of a 6.5.

amw1972 05-12-2009 04:19 PM

Wow, people never cease to amaze me! First off, I'm sure I'm not the first to say this...but the Sprint Stock ROM does NOT do this phone any justice! Too much crap on there to bog down the device. Second of all..THE HEAT ISSUE...as far as my TP is concerned, I have NOT had that problem since I flashed to the 1.11 radio. I've only messed with a three custom ROM's Y4J's clean, StarROM, and KK's loaded. I have NOT had any serious issues with anyone of them. Whatever bugs are well documented and majority of them have fixes..and are posted.

Now...my chrome finish is starting to show wear and tear (already)...but my TP is used for work and play...but bottomline is that even if the TP is NOT the "perfect" mobile device...it is far from horrible.