PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-12-2009, 12:51 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

a_c_s is keeping up the good worka_c_s is keeping up the good worka_c_s is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Notifications in MR5

Apologize in advance if this was discussed in another thread, and I tried to get an answer in the million page MR5 thread to no avail, but ever since upgrading to the MR5 5/8 build, which I generally love (and already donated thanks Mike!), my message notifications are weird...my sms and email display notifications are popping up in a window that is slightly right of center and at the bottom of the screen, where I can only see half the window...does anybody know what settings I could tweak to fix this? Or how to turn off email/sms notifications altogether?

Also, how do you disable the double notifications? For instance, when I read an SMS and delete it from the messaging app, sometimes there is still an unread icon at the top, which shows the title of the message upon clicking...I can then hit dismiss and it disappears, but seems like double the work...

Any help on these two questions would be greatly appreciated...
Old 05-12-2009, 12:57 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

peepeesea is keeping up the good workpeepeesea is keeping up the good work
Re: Notifications in MR5

i too am having issues with messaging but not any of the issues you stated. i have posted my issues several times in that thread and no one ever responds to them and with 1200+ pages i am not about to look through it to see if its been discussed already.

MightyMike may want to think about starting a new thread because that one has gotten out of hand and people like you and me are left out in the cold or we have to resort to starting our own threads like you have done.

first thing, if you have not done a hard reset since flashing you will want to to that. and as far as i know the reg settings for disabling the notifications are the same as 6.1. not exactly sure what the reg key is but a quick search should be able to locate them.

'function over fashion'
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-12-2009, 01:11 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: PPC 6700<Mogul<TP<TP2<EVO 4G<EVO 3D<Next?

intrlude is keeping up the good workintrlude is keeping up the good workintrlude is keeping up the good work
Send a message via ICQ to intrlude Send a message via AIM to intrlude Send a message via MSN to intrlude Send a message via Yahoo to intrlude Send a message via Skype™ to intrlude

Quote:
Originally Posted by a_c_s View Post
Apologize in advance if this was discussed in another thread, and I tried to get an answer in the million page MR5 thread to no avail, but ever since upgrading to the MR5 5/8 build, which I generally love (and already donated thanks Mike!), my message notifications are weird...my sms and email display notifications are popping up in a window that is slightly right of center and at the bottom of the screen, where I can only see half the window...does anybody know what settings I could tweak to fix this? Or how to turn off email/sms notifications altogether?

Also, how do you disable the double notifications? For instance, when I read an SMS and delete it from the messaging app, sometimes there is still an unread icon at the top, which shows the title of the message upon clicking...I can then hit dismiss and it disappears, but seems like double the work...

Any help on these two questions would be greatly appreciated...
Go through the settings and turn those notifications off. That should take care of both of your issues.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-12-2009, 01:13 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

razorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Yahoo to razorloves

i know these little things are annoying, but i think you guys are forgeting that this is WM6.5 BETA.

I know it does suck that posts get burried really quick in the mighty rom thread, so things go unanswered a lot.

If you want to avoid these little annoyances, you'll have to go back to 6.1. Many people have flashed back to 4.16 or R3BORN because of these little things.

Last edited by razorloves; 05-13-2009 at 01:06 AM.
Old 05-12-2009, 01:29 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: sprint

temperbad is keeping up the good worktemperbad is keeping up the good worktemperbad is keeping up the good work

Man, i just dont see what everyone is talking about, im on MR5 and have 0 problems, ive even been on 4.13, 4.16, copper rom and the 5-7-09 version (now that had bugs), and this is the most stable to me by far. But i know not everyone has the same experience. Just saying im a happy MR5 user and wouldnt go back to 6.1. Thanks mike. I do agree that we need a MR5 thread alone, ive had many unanswered questions also.
Old 05-12-2009, 02:26 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

a_c_s is keeping up the good worka_c_s is keeping up the good worka_c_s is keeping up the good work

Thanks guys...as I said in my original post, I really like this build...I recently tried Juicy and some others, and came right back to Mighty...I'm just used to it I guess...in any case, I'll futz some more with settings to see if I can get the visual notifications turned off until the issue gets fixed..I don't have any of the other issues w texting or ringtones, so happy from that standpoint...and to somebody's point earlier, I did do a clear storage before loading anything onto the new build after flashing...in any case, thanks for the response guys...5 more responses in a matter of minutes than I got overnight in the Mighty Mike thread...
Old 05-12-2009, 02:28 PM
Jedi Master
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

Darkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I have a problem where if a new text or email notification pops up on the top of the taskbar and I click and it goes into that notifications/battery/cellconnection page, I can't click on the email or text notification and have it pop up. For everything else it works like alarms, voicemail, etc. It's kind of annoying, but not critical.
Old 05-12-2009, 02:44 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

I was having that issue as well, but with Flexmail enabled to handle my email and SMS, it went away...wish I had a suggestion to offer but hopefully somebody else can help...
Old 05-12-2009, 02:47 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

razorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Yahoo to razorloves

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkjedi007 View Post
I have a problem where if a new text or email notification pops up on the top of the taskbar and I click and it goes into that notifications/battery/cellconnection page, I can't click on the email or text notification and have it pop up. For everything else it works like alarms, voicemail, etc. It's kind of annoying, but not critical.
That's strange cause that works fine for me. I do it just like you described too. Do you have the newest MR5 and the hotfix?
Old 05-12-2009, 03:41 PM
Jedi Master
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

Darkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by razorloves View Post
That's strange cause that works fine for me. I do it just like you described too. Do you have the newest MR5 and the hotfix?
whoa hotfix? I probably need to get that, hahah.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro