PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Tried EVERY rom, nothing fixes keyboard lag (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=68329)

l2yangop 05-12-2009 12:08 PM

Tried EVERY rom, nothing fixes keyboard lag

I have tried basically every rom listed on this site. No matter what I do, the hardware keyboard lags 2-3 words behind what i actually type. Sometimes it will even skip words. I have tried the reg edits, and the cabs. I have disabled tX9 or whatever that software keyboard is, but nothing helps. Is this just a windows issue? I am so frustrated that i ordered a Palm treo to replace this touch pro. At least i can text with that. I guess this is farewell to the forum, because this phone STINKS!

XxXViRuSXxX 05-12-2009 12:10 PM

Re: Tried EVERY rom, nothing fixes keyboard lag

2 Attachment(s)
Your Welcome :)

YouMayLose 05-12-2009 12:12 PM

lol wrong forum to post this.. and sorry your keyboard is lagging so bad.. im not sure if mine lags i rarely use it..with onscreen finger keyboards that are large enough to not need the stylus the hardware keyboard just doesnt seem needed for me...guess i should check and see how bad it is if it is bad at all.

l2yangop 05-12-2009 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jboot (Post 910544)
Your Welcome :)

thanks for those, but i have already tried them. I appreciate your help though!!:headbang:

l2yangop 05-12-2009 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YouMayLose (Post 910549)
lol wrong forum to post this.. and sorry your keyboard is lagging so bad.. im not sure if mine lags i rarely use it..with onscreen finger keyboards that are large enough to not need the stylus the hardware keyboard just doesnt seem needed for me...guess i should check and see how bad it is if it is bad at all.

why not get a diamond then??

YouMayLose 05-12-2009 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by l2yangop (Post 910563)
why not get a diamond then??

lol im with metropcs.. i love to text.. this is my 1st windows phone..i went with the 1 with a keyboard... i have to pay full retail for a phone.. why buy another?

XxXViRuSXxX 05-12-2009 12:31 PM

hey i will tell you that Juicy's newest has the fastest keyboard yet the battery life wasn't good for me though :( i love his roms though

l2yangop 05-12-2009 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jboot (Post 910590)
hey i will tell you that Juicy's newest has the fastest keyboard yet the battery life wasn't good for me though :( i love his roms though

are those cabs you attached cooked into his latest roms?

miketab 05-12-2009 12:53 PM

Is this reffering to 6.5, bec mightmike's latest on 6.1 does not have the keyboard lag

scrosler 05-12-2009 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YouMayLose (Post 910567)
lol im with metropcs.. i love to text.. this is my 1st windows phone..i went with the 1 with a keyboard... i have to pay full retail for a phone.. why buy another?

Quote:

Originally Posted by l2yangop (Post 910541)
I have tried basically every rom listed on this site. No matter what I do, the hardware keyboard lags 2-3 words behind what i actually type. Sometimes it will even skip words. I have tried the reg edits, and the cabs. I have disabled tX9 or whatever that software keyboard is, but nothing helps. Is this just a windows issue? I am so frustrated that i ordered a Palm treo to replace this touch pro. At least i can text with that. I guess this is farewell to the forum, because this phone STINKS!

I think you answered your own question....

Slider phones with Keyboard by HTC running Windows mobile have terrible keyboard lag. Period. Thats all there is to say....

Some custom ROM's claim to improve it but I have not seen that yet. Even my own kitchen does.....

Thats why I have a Diamond now. A keyboard on a WinMo slider will surely lead to this fustration.

If you need a keyboard the Diamond is not for you. Look at the Treo Pro. Wife just got it a few weeks ago. No issues with KB lag because screen does not rotate.

Its not actually the KB lagging. Its the display I beleive.

BTW: the phone is simply amazing. It doesnt stink. Windows Mobile Stinks... Badly. Thats why there are custom ROM's.

Either way.... Good luck!