PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   After a rom update frenzy i went back to the stock! (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=68327)

sandmage 05-12-2009 11:40 AM

After a rom update frenzy i went back to the stock!

Ever since i got the TP (around the time it came out) and found this forum..it's been one flash after another. Even the famous roms like MR and J7.x had issues and bugs.

Well i just got a new TP from sprint after a failed keyboard on my last TP and i must say that i might stick with the stock rom. I had no issues or bugs or crashes on it at all so far for the past 4 days :headbang:

maybe this could be the curse to the flashing rampage everyone is going on hehe jk!

VenumX 05-12-2009 12:54 PM

Re: After a rom update frenzy i went back to the stock!

Quote:

Originally Posted by sandmage (Post 910489)
Ever since i got the TP (around the time it came out) and found this forum..it's been one flash after another. Even the famous roms like MR and J7.x had issues and bugs.

Well i just got a new TP from sprint after a failed keyboard on my last TP and i must say that i might stick with the stock rom. I had no issues or bugs or crashes on it at all so far for the past 4 days :headbang:

maybe this could be the curse to the flashing rampage everyone is going on hehe jk!

Running the stock rom will run fine for a while, I ran it for a month before it started giving me issues every day. I can see where you would see bugs in the recent rom releases, as they are WM6.5 if you flash to an older stable 6.1 rom I think you would be much more happy with both your battery life and performance. It's just a matter of picking the right rom for yourself.

razorloves 05-12-2009 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VenumX (Post 910638)
I can see where you would see bugs in the recent rom releases, as they are WM6.5 if you flash to an older stable 6.1 rom I think you would be much more happy with both your battery life and performance. It's just a matter of picking the right rom for yourself.

Very well said.
WM6.5 is beta so it has bugs. I recommend Mighty Rom 4.16 or R3BORN for very stable and fast performance.

Rourke Swift 05-12-2009 01:04 PM

I can't imagine going back to the stock rom. When I bought the phone, I decided to leave it alone for a few weeks and really get a feel for the stock settings, to make sure a flash was really necessary and worth the risk. Not 12 hours later I'd made up my mind and was flashing. :D

yotoad 05-12-2009 01:28 PM

I ran stock (highly tweaked mind you) for 5 months, but now i'm running Silence9 -- so fast, running really well, new radio image too

basilray 05-12-2009 01:40 PM

I have been running and enjoying only the Stock ROM since I purchased the phone on Nov 1.

Haven't felt the need to upgrade. I have installed some tweak things for Tf3d, but hat's about it.

princem131 05-12-2009 02:34 PM

I've run quite a few of the custom Roms and enjoyed most of them but the stock rom (with some tweaks) is much more stable and hassle free for me. Though the urge to flash usually comes back and i flash for a while then return to stock. I typically use stock when im too busy to tinker with the custom roms. I would really love to learn to cook my own that way i could have exactly what i want. I have no idea how u guys cook these things up, I'm always impressed.

jmorton10 05-12-2009 02:36 PM

I ran a stock ROM for about a month, but now I run Mighty 4.16 & I find that every bit as stable as any stock ROM.

~John

blazinazn 05-12-2009 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by princem131 (Post 910830)
I've run quite a few of the custom Roms and enjoyed most of them but the stock rom (with some tweaks) is much more stable and hassle free for me. Though the urge to flash usually comes back and i flash for a while then return to stock. I typically use stock when im too busy to tinker with the custom roms. I would really love to learn to cook my own that way i could have exactly what i want. I have no idea how u guys cook these things up, I'm always impressed.

That's one of the main reasons why I don't even mess with Custom ROM's. I'm really picky when it comes to customizing my phone and there is always something I don't like. I'd rather just stick with the stock and tweak it to my liking.

I've flashed a custom ROM so I don't know what I'm missing I guess :shrugs: I'm content with just running stock though.