PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-12-2009, 09:42 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
differences between TF3D HD & TF3D2??

I have been running TF3D HD for months & I LOVE it. That gives me the stock tab, five day weather, enhanced contact settings etc etc

I also have Mobile Shell 3.0 installed & can switch back & forth, but I keep going back to TF as I just plain like it better than MS.

About the only thing HD does NOT do that I can see is have a true landscape mode & I don't care about that AT ALL (to me, that's a totally useless feature). Since I have never actually installed TF3D2 however, I may be missing some feature that could be something I might want.

Can anybody who has run both setups comment on anything I may have missed feature wise in the TF3D2 setup??

~John
Old 05-12-2009, 11:16 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

deadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to deadwrong03 Send a message via MSN to deadwrong03 Send a message via Yahoo to deadwrong03 Send a message via Skype™ to deadwrong03
Re: differences between TF3D HD & TF3D2??

is everything operating fine on the tf3dhd? when i ran tf3d2 on my tp it was buggy for example it would not load up my call history so any time i had a missed call there was no way to see who called. the text messages where buggy too i couldnt touch the message to open the message in tf3d i had to manuallygo to all messages to accesss those. does the tf3dhd ur using have any of those bugs? id like to give it a try where u get it from?
Old 05-12-2009, 11:38 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Droid X

razorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Yahoo to razorloves

I think the biggest thing you're missing out on is the bugs. lol. jk
Seriously though, I tried both and the major things that i remember were the ContactCard and World Clock. Several little things also. You can see the differences here in these screenshots. http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=497809

Hope that helps a little.
Old 05-12-2009, 11:54 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadwrong03 View Post
is everything operating fine on the tf3dhd? when i ran tf3d2 on my tp it was buggy for example it would not load up my call history so any time i had a missed call there was no way to see who called. the text messages where buggy too i couldnt touch the message to open the message in tf3d i had to manuallygo to all messages to accesss those. does the tf3dhd ur using have any of those bugs? id like to give it a try where u get it from?
I have zero problems with HD (I use the cfc compressed version which is fast as hell), that's why I'm hesitant to even try anything else. I have been running HD on various different ROM's now & it works perfectly (for me anyway).

I do see a few minor things that TF3D2 has now from those screen shots that I don't have, but certainly nothing that I really care about so I'll stay with my current setup.

Thanks guys, this forum is the best..........

~John
Old 05-12-2009, 11:58 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadwrong03 View Post
id like to give it a try where u get it from?
I'm pretty sure this is the version I'm using

>>LINK<<

~John
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-12-2009, 09:25 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

deadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to deadwrong03 Send a message via MSN to deadwrong03 Send a message via Yahoo to deadwrong03 Send a message via Skype™ to deadwrong03

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmorton10 View Post
I'm pretty sure this is the version I'm using

>>LINK<<

~John
thanks so i could jus run this on my stock verizon rom right? im going to give it a try

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro