PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-12-2009, 12:53 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Arrive
Carrier: Sprint

Elbimster is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via ICQ to Elbimster Send a message via AIM to Elbimster Send a message via MSN to Elbimster Send a message via Yahoo to Elbimster
Telenav and Battery charging

Hey guys, I tried searching around for an answer to this but have thus far had no luck. If somebody's already answered this, I apologize.

I have a problem with Telenav and charging on my Sprint Touch Pro. I have my phone with GPS on (using the video out adapter from expansys to my car's screen) and a charger plugged into the expansys adapter. I drive on a 3-4 hour car ride, with light phone use, and find that my battery isn't charging at all, but it charges just fine when I turn off telenav. Any thoughts or ideas for how to fix this?

I'm using a motorola car charger.
Old 05-12-2009, 01:15 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EPIC

Unknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIP
Re: Telenav and Battery charging

most likely what is going on, is that telenav is discharging the battery faster then it is charging, and now the phone charging circuit is working overtime which then makes the phone warm/hot, then the phone built in charging circuit shuts down to prevent damage.

if you can find a cheap air/con vent cradle to keep the TP cool I would highly recomend it.
Don't just say "Thanks"....give
Old 05-12-2009, 01:45 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: TouchPro

RugRat is becoming a great contributor

yup, one of the biggest weakness of the TP is that once the TP starts getting alittle hot, the phone charging protection shuts the charging down to prevent damage.
Old 05-12-2009, 12:12 PM
Coz-erator
Pocket PC: Sprint Galaxy Note 2 & other misc digital devices

CozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to CozBoogie Send a message via Yahoo to CozBoogie

Moved to the general Touch Pro Forum.

late,
Coz
Old 05-12-2009, 12:14 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Palm Pre

DrSuSE is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDrSuSE is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDrSuSE is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Yeah, I have the TP car mount holster thingy from ProClip and it attaches right between the center vents which eliminated this problem for me.
Old 05-12-2009, 12:33 PM
VIP & Proud Member of CBM
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2-Sprint, HTC Evo Fully Rooted-Sprint
Carrier: Sprint Nextel

nxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

i might be mistaken, but i think no2chem has a program that tells your charging/discharging rate.

Try looking here if your interested
http://www.nuerom.com/BlogEngine/

"I pity tha fool... that don't press !"
Old 05-12-2009, 12:59 PM
Lurker

michaeln is a n00b

Install nueBattery and enable fast charge. It can help with the discharge faster than charing issue, but the heat issue still exists.
Old 05-12-2009, 01:30 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 3D

scrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elbimster View Post
Hey guys, I tried searching around for an answer to this but have thus far had no luck. If somebody's already answered this, I apologize.

I have a problem with Telenav and charging on my Sprint Touch Pro. I have my phone with GPS on (using the video out adapter from expansys to my car's screen) and a charger plugged into the expansys adapter. I drive on a 3-4 hour car ride, with light phone use, and find that my battery isn't charging at all, but it charges just fine when I turn off telenav. Any thoughts or ideas for how to fix this?

I'm using a motorola car charger.
Ive noted the same thing on my Diamond. Like others have said, I beleive Telenav (or any GPS app) is just using it faster than it can be charged. Gets warm, etc.... Mine did that in a four hour car ride to Minneapolis.... I just got the phone and left the sprint store... Bam sucker overheated.

Donations always accepted but never expected!
Old 05-12-2009, 03:21 PM
DaFlowMaster
Pocket PC: TP2 IPHONE 3GS 5.1.1
Carrier: GSM...

HBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via AIM to HBOOT

TP heats up and stops charging, however that only lasts for 5 min or so and starts charging back up. I notice very little of that with Mapquest Nav 5.0, blue tooth always on, and some phone calls....having it by the vent is a smart move to keep it cool especially that warm weather is here
Old 05-12-2009, 06:53 PM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)

here's a little more light on the subject http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=47367

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro