PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-13-2009, 02:59 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

grt8neaphew is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to grt8neaphew
need help with tp

i love my tp. i wouldnt return it for anything. but lately im getting really mad. My phones battery is dead within 6 hours. and i dont use it. im not in the strongest signal area but seriously 6 hours??? i used the original lock screen with the wake on slide off and that kept unlocking. then i used s2u2 and that kept unlocking. now throttle lock and that keeps the screen on. i have a feeling its the keyboard and i have the regedit to not wake up but it still does. any suggestions? preferably nothing that costs....also any battery help

also any help with screen staying off when switching towers....
Old 05-13-2009, 04:36 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: ToUcH PrO(free from sprint)
Carrier: Sprint

datboybrian is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to datboybrian Send a message via MSN to datboybrian
Re: need help with tp

i would take it back to sprint without your hacks on it if they try and tell you thats how all the phones are tell them it never use to be like this or you could just ask them for a new battery and see how thinks go
Old 05-13-2009, 04:36 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Evo Shift
Carrier: Sprint SEP 4G

elmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to elmerfudpucker

Go to settings, phone, time sync, and get settings, and turn it off. then in the roaming section, tell it sprint only (if you are sprint). there is several cabs to help as well, just use the search tab.
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."
Old 05-13-2009, 04:39 PM
lwrdrchvy2

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

You can also go into settings>connections>beam and turn the beam off. Ive noticed that having it on constantly can drain the battery down faster. Usually doesnt't cause it to drain that fast but right now seems like every little bit would help.
Old 05-13-2009, 04:43 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: The everything you own plan by Sprint

vipertk8 is keeping up the good workvipertk8 is keeping up the good workvipertk8 is keeping up the good work

If you already tried most of the lock screen apps try pocket shield. I used to have S2U2 and its def a battery hog but with pocket shield battery life is much better. The only downfall to that is that is not free....well if you don't mind of a 10sec screen that comes up every once in a while then you should be all set...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro