PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-11-2009, 08:01 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: 6800
Carrier: Sprint

xtcx86 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to xtcx86
Jerky Screen

Hey everyone,

I just had a question...I flashed my phone to a new rom...and now my screen is all "jittery"....I don't know how to really explain it...but it's just...the screen seems to have Video/graphics problems....does this happen to anyone else...

a better example would be like if i'm scrolling my programs list...the screen gets all scrambled and like half the page is cut off...I hope this explanation is clear enough....

Is there a way to fix this? It's really annoying because I don't know what to do...

any help would greatly be appreciated!
Old 05-11-2009, 08:15 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

razorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Yahoo to razorloves
Re: Jerky Screen

that's odd.
what rom did you flash?
Old 05-11-2009, 08:32 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC ARRIVE
Carrier: sprint

havox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtcx86 View Post
Hey everyone,

I just had a question...I flashed my phone to a new rom...and now my screen is all "jittery"....I don't know how to really explain it...but it's just...the screen seems to have Video/graphics problems....does this happen to anyone else...

a better example would be like if i'm scrolling my programs list...the screen gets all scrambled and like half the page is cut off...I hope this explanation is clear enough....

Is there a way to fix this? It's really annoying because I don't know what to do...

any help would greatly be appreciated!
did u hard-reset after u flashed??

Dank-Ass Robba

Old 05-11-2009, 08:41 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

razorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Yahoo to razorloves

Quote:
Originally Posted by havox22 View Post
did u hard-reset after u flashed??
+1 to that.
You should always do a hard reset after flashing a rom.
Old 05-11-2009, 10:27 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

kernel610 is just getting started

Let me know if the hard reset works because I flashed to Might 4Reborn and I'm having the same problem. I'm hoping its not my TP. The screen kind of flickers. Its not really noticable on the main TF3D screen, but when you bring up the camera and pictures is when you notice it the most. Is this the same problem you are having?
Old 05-11-2009, 10:29 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC ARRIVE

havox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kernel610 View Post
Let me know if the hard reset works because I flashed to Might 4Reborn and I'm having the same problem. I'm hoping its not my TP. The screen kind of flickers. Its not really noticable on the main TF3D screen, but when you bring up the camera and pictures is when you notice it the most. Is this the same problem you are having?
you should always hard reset after a flash because there are things that are left over in the ram that can make your phone wacky...not saying its gonna fix this problem cuz i havent used that rom
Old 05-11-2009, 11:01 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

xtcx86 is a n00b

I did not hard reset...I didn't know you had to do that...let me try to hard reset and see if it fixes it! =) hopefully it works.
Old 05-11-2009, 11:19 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

xtcx86 is a n00b

I just performed a hard reset and the problem is still persisting. The screen seems to mis-align itself when scrolling through tf3d tabs...and when scrolling through any page...whether it be programs...settings...websites...contacts...anytim e u scroll...this happens...=/

I flashed to "Merdins" rom but I am pretty sure it's not the ROM because this problem also happens when I flashed with other roms.
Old 05-11-2009, 11:34 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

itouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

i had the same issue..like half the screen would get stuck but the other half scrolls.. i thought it was rom related but i flashed back to default sprint rom n same issue... but just didnt notice as often.. i was able to duplicate now on demand and went to sprint store n they said i needed a new phone.. and that was that.. thank god for insurance.. if u dont have insurance, u are in luck..4 the month of may u can add it no matter how long u have had your phone !

Last edited by itouch24; 05-11-2009 at 11:37 PM.
Old 05-13-2009, 03:00 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

xtcx86 is a n00b

so does anyone have a fix for this?!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro