PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-11-2009, 11:21 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Iphone 4s
Carrier: Sprint

violent31601 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularviolent31601 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularviolent31601 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularviolent31601 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
installing programs to main memory

if you install most of your programs to the main memory (rather then SD card). does that slow your phone down?
Old 05-11-2009, 11:27 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Hero
Carrier: SPRINT

orionsbuckle is halfway to VIP status based on reporionsbuckle is halfway to VIP status based on reporionsbuckle is halfway to VIP status based on reporionsbuckle is halfway to VIP status based on reporionsbuckle is halfway to VIP status based on reporionsbuckle is halfway to VIP status based on reporionsbuckle is halfway to VIP status based on reporionsbuckle is halfway to VIP status based on reporionsbuckle is halfway to VIP status based on reporionsbuckle is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: installing programs to main memory

i guess it really depends on the programs you are installing... like palringo, gyrator2, callfirewall, callcalendar and other programs like that, may slow your phone down but thats only beacuase they are constantly running in the background.

in my experience as long as you have more then half of your maim memory free it shouldnt make a difference. but the TP has a lot of memory so i havent had to use my sd card to install programs too like i had to with my mogul or my touch.

but if anyone knows the actual facts id like to know too...cus i have a lot of programs that i install onto my phone. thanks in advanced

HTC Mogul>HTC Touch>HTC TP>HTC Snap>Palm Pre>HTC TP2(PUKE)>HTC Hero>HTC Evo
htc... is it in ur blood?
Old 05-11-2009, 11:28 AM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim

Quote:
Originally Posted by violent31601 View Post
if you install most of your programs to the main memory (rather then SD card). does that slow your phone down?
it will not slow your phone down as long as all of your big files like music and videos are stored on your sd card. By installing programs on the phone they actually run faster and smoother then installing them on the sd card.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 05-11-2009, 11:43 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Hero
Carrier: SPRINT

orionsbuckle is halfway to VIP status based on reporionsbuckle is halfway to VIP status based on reporionsbuckle is halfway to VIP status based on reporionsbuckle is halfway to VIP status based on reporionsbuckle is halfway to VIP status based on reporionsbuckle is halfway to VIP status based on reporionsbuckle is halfway to VIP status based on reporionsbuckle is halfway to VIP status based on reporionsbuckle is halfway to VIP status based on reporionsbuckle is halfway to VIP status based on rep

thats what i was along the lines i was thinking too.
u have been thanked lol...
Old 05-11-2009, 11:49 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

I have so much stuff installed to my main mem that I only have 50 megs free & the system is just as fast as a new flash.

I do put all my videos, mp3's & GPS maps etc on my card (I have 12 gigs filled on my 16 gig card)

~John
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-11-2009, 12:03 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Iphone 4s
Threadstarter

violent31601 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularviolent31601 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularviolent31601 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularviolent31601 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmorton10 View Post
I have so much stuff installed to my main mem that I only have 50 megs free & the system is just as fast as a new flash.

I do put all my videos, mp3's & GPS maps etc on my card (I have 12 gigs filled on my 16 gig card)

~John
thats exactly what I have going, and its slow and glitchy, so I must have other problems going on.

Thanks for the reply everyone
Old 05-11-2009, 01:19 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

ruben1221 is a n00b

yea I just put everything on my sd card. that way if something happens to my touch pro I'll have it saved there.
Hey can anyone tell me how to save my contacts to my sd card. I want to do a hard reset on my touch pro. Thanks
Old 05-11-2009, 01:25 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Verizon

entwined82 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularentwined82 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularentwined82 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Use PIMBackup or SPBBackup. I use PIMBackup. It saves emails, texts and contacts.
Old 05-11-2009, 01:28 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Verizon HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: sprint

ppcg-Clayton is a n00b

I think the short answer is "Yes, adding files to the Device will slow your device down, but it's probably imperceivable unless you add a lot of files".

The longer version of that is here:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=51735
Old 05-11-2009, 03:49 PM
DaFlowMaster
Pocket PC: TP2 IPHONE 3GS 5.1.1
Carrier: GSM...

HBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via AIM to HBOOT

Ruben:
Locate file name "pim.vol" under windows, copy and paste it to your SD, that is where your contacts live....you paste it back to your TP and voila contacts are there..

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro