PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   streaming St. Louis radio? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=68187)

RidleyJ329 05-11-2009 02:26 AM

streaming St. Louis radio?

i know that the built fm tuner may or may not still be under research and development but i was wondering if we had any st. louis members that were able to find a way to stream through pie or opera similar to how you would on a desktop. idk if there are any mobile compatible sites for this. im asking these members in particular bc im trying to get a certain station... 105.7 the point. thanks in advance guys

MoonZ*BabysH 05-11-2009 02:37 AM

Re: streaming St. Louis radio?

search for wunder radio, its the only one ive found that i can tune in to exactly what i want. im from ny but am living in az and w wunder radio i listen to my home stations.

darren.wlsn1 05-11-2009 05:21 AM

+1 for wunder radio, finds local stations with gps.

Rusty Duck 05-11-2009 10:19 AM

Wunder radio works great but not all of the St. Louis stations are available. (no issue with wunder radio the stations just do not stream).

darren - I owed you a thanks :)

DaPeeps 05-11-2009 10:29 AM

For Free: go to http://www.thestreamcenter.com/pda/ choose MO and scroll down....105.7 is there. It will stream through WMP or TCPMP if you use it instead.

Or, if you want to pay for an EXCELLENT app, buy Kimona Play. Choose Kinoma Guide, scroll down to radio, and select tuned.mobi. Select US, select Missouri....and there it is.

RidleyJ329 05-11-2009 11:07 AM

thanks for the responses guys. ive tried wunder radio last night and found that station is not there. most other ones are. as far as the link for streaming iv4 tried that also and this particular station was not streaming through there. unless theres something im doing wrong.

RidleyJ329 05-12-2009 02:02 PM

i went to their website and downloaded their free version i found the exact station im looking for but when i try to stream it says not authorized. i havent had a chnace to check on it yet though.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaPeeps (Post 908221)
Or, if you want to pay for an EXCELLENT app, buy Kimona Play. Choose Kinoma Guide, scroll down to radio, and select tuned.mobi. Select US, select Missouri....and there it is.

razorloves 05-12-2009 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ridleyj329 (Post 910781)
i went to their website and downloaded their free version i found the exact station im looking for but when i try to stream it says not authorized. i havent had a chnace to check on it yet though.

This is what i do...
On my computer, I go to the local stations website and click on listen live and it opens up windows media player and streams. Then i click on save as playlist and i move that file to my phone and when ever i want to listen to it I just click on that file and TCPMP plays it perfect.

darren.wlsn1 05-12-2009 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ridleyj329 (Post 910781)

did you see the pm i sent you? i can fix wunder radio. i know why your getting the error.

RidleyJ329 05-12-2009 08:02 PM

Worked perfectly. I just had to find the link from which it was being streamed. emailed the link to myself and clicked on it opened right up. only thing from here is im not too sure if the link stays the same or if it ever changes.

Quote:

Originally Posted by razorloves (Post 910813)
This is what i do...
On my computer, I go to the local stations website and click on listen live and it opens up windows media player and streams. Then i click on save as playlist and i move that file to my phone and when ever i want to listen to it I just click on that file and TCPMP plays it perfect.