PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-17-2009, 05:21 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon

Nastradamus is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Exclamation cannot send or recieve picture text messages

Hey PPCGeeks..

I did a search for this topic and couldnt find an answer. The majority of the searches brought up an issue with Sprint's handling of video texting. It sounds like Sprint is trying to do what ATT is doing with the iPhone and trying to have only some kind of email server distrobution for pics.

Anyways.. Ive read up on some people having issues with their picture mesaging. When i first got the phone before I unlocked it I did not get a chance to try out the Picture Text Messaging. I have seen the sMMS thread here http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...smms+touch+pro but that is for a sprint serviced phone.

Unlocked HTC Touch pro, Stealth rom, ARCSMS installed

Currently i have ARC soft installed and i was able to send a text message with my phone to my personal email address but not to my phone. In the past i was able to just enter my number and test it out that way. I checked my email and the picture i sent was not there. Whenever im sending a picture message it telling me that the connection its currently using (im guessing the phone signal) may be cut off to send that msg.. it has a hide and a yes or no selection. I select yes and it sits there. There is no info on the SENT folder that i sent a picture message.

Before installing ARCSoft sms software i wasnt even able to attempt to try to send a pic. As soon as i clicked on NEW>Picture message the screen would sort of reset and bring me back to the text selection screen. That is until i installed ARCsoft SMS i was able to get to the screen which allowed to me to select a picture to send with the message.

The other problem I have is that i receive text messages telling me its a picture message but i cant download the picture. When i select the text i got today(with a picture in it) i see at the bottom it says DOWNLOAD or Cancel. Download is grayed out.. its not selectable but cancel is selectable. tried messing with all the options.

Currently my phone has EMAIL settings to work with my hotmail but i dont want those settings. Im hoping the email settings are not telling the phone to use my email instead cuz i just want to send pics to peoples phones like i use to.

Any help would be greatly apreciated.
Old 04-17-2009, 06:11 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: MoPho
Carrier: Sprint

krnfrk6663 is keeping up the good workkrnfrk6663 is keeping up the good workkrnfrk6663 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to krnfrk6663 Send a message via MSN to krnfrk6663 Send a message via Yahoo to krnfrk6663
Re: cannot send or recieve picture text messages

Check your Arcsoft settings, and be sure you ran the uninstall Sprint Picmail cab before installing that. I'm also running ArcSoft Ver. 5.0.82.78
My settings are as showed:
Server name: SprintMMSC
Port number: 80
Server address: http://mms.sprintpcs.com
Connect via: Internet
Send limit: 500k

Other then that, I don't know.

Edit- Nvm on the Sprint picmail cab, I just noticed you mentioned you are running Stealth, doubt it has SPM, not to mention you're on Verizon... Ack.. I need sleep. Disregard this. Other then checking your settings. /Edit

Last edited by krnfrk6663; 04-17-2009 at 06:21 AM.
Old 04-17-2009, 08:43 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Nastradamus is a n00b

I have checked the settings. I go under START> Messaging> highlight SMS/MMS and select options. Then im at the options which states "tap an accoutn to change settings", after selecting sms/mms at the bottom there are a few tab options. None of those seem to state anything to do with picture messaging.
Old 04-18-2009, 12:38 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Nastradamus is a n00b

I just cleaned out my phone and installed Stealth Rom again. However i only see SMS not MMS when i select messaging. I still cannot send a picture message unless i add an email and use that but i want to send directly to other peoples cell phones not to their email.

Anyone experience this?
Old 04-18-2009, 10:53 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

dominicricci is becoming a great contributor

I have alltel and also I am struggling with Picture and Video messaging as well as internet
Old 04-18-2009, 06:13 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Nastradamus is a n00b

internet is fine with me.. i usually do picture messaging and im going to vegas next wednesday so i would like to have it up and running by then.. been trying multiple things but no luck.
Old 04-18-2009, 08:26 PM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Anyone realize he has a Pro and not a Diamond?
Old 04-18-2009, 08:27 PM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by dominicricci View Post
I have alltel and also I am struggling with Picture and Video messaging as well as internet
What exactly is your problem? You may want to start a new thread as likely Coz will move this to the TP forum.
Old 04-20-2009, 04:59 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Nastradamus is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrObvious View Post
What exactly is your problem? You may want to start a new thread as likely Coz will move this to the TP forum.

dang it! i just saw CDMA on the link where it says the phone type and i clicked on it.. fudge.. can i have an admin move this thread please.
Old 04-20-2009, 10:58 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: VZN TP
Carrier: VZN

Mylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

your on VZN so the info in post #2 isnt gonna help you. go to START/MESSAGING/SMS,MMS/MENU/PICS,VIDEO OPTIONS/SERVERS/ click on servers and you should have

(server name)Verizon wireless
(gateway) blank
(port number) 80
(server addy) http://mms.vtext.com/servlets/mms
(connect via) the internet
(send limit) 500k.

IF you cant edit the server(click on verizon wireless under servers you will need to do a reg edit. if you search you will find what needs to be edited, i cant remember the exact edit off the top of my head.
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro