PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-11-2009, 12:28 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

Dubez is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Screen bugging. Need Help!!!!!

My screen is acting real buggy, when i turn my phone on its black / blank. Sometimes the words "touch" is cut in half when turned on. When i go to a tab, or when im on a website the screen will flutter. I know for sure that i cant be water damage, and i havent dropped the phone in months.

I have not flashed to a custom rom, i did download and install Goods "Touch Pro Cleanup" thats it...

Before i take it back to Sprint, do I have to revert the phone back to way it was before i installed Goods cab? And does anyone have any suggestions on how to fix my problem before going to Sprint?

Any feedback is greatly appreciated.....
Old 05-11-2009, 12:32 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Note 2

bkhoste knows their stuffbkhoste knows their stuffbkhoste knows their stuffbkhoste knows their stuffbkhoste knows their stuffbkhoste knows their stuff
Re: Screen bugging. Need Help!!!!!

I would try a soft rest if you have not already, if you have then try a hard rest that will take the phone back to day one settings. If that does not work then I would take it back to Sprint.
Gadget/Phone History: Motorola DynaTAC 8000x; Casio BOSS; Palm Vx; Palm m130; Palm Tungsten T; Sanyo 7300; Sanyo Katana; PPC-6700; Titan; Mogul; Touch Pro, Palm Pre; HTC EVO, Motorola Photon; Samsung Galaxy Note 2 .
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-11-2009, 12:37 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch WM6.5

acontrasto is keeping up the good workacontrasto is keeping up the good work
Send a message via Skype™ to acontrasto

Try the soft reset first like bkhoste said, then try removing the battery for a few minutes before you hard reset if the soft reset doesn't help.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-11-2009, 01:35 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Hero

lilbitz_1018 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlilbitz_1018 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlilbitz_1018 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlilbitz_1018 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to lilbitz_1018

To answer the questions about reverting, no you do not need to change anything back unless you unlocked it and changed a ROM. In that case then yes you do need to lock it back up.

as others suggested, try doing resets and see what happens. Report back
Old 05-11-2009, 04:36 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilbitz_1018 View Post
To answer the questions about reverting, no you do not need to change anything back unless you unlocked it and changed a ROM. In that case then yes you do need to lock it back up.

as others suggested, try doing resets and see what happens. Report back

I definitely didnt unlock the phone. All i installed was Goods cab that moved a couple of things around to supposedly save battery life, etc. I did a soft reset and the problem still persisits. I think Im just going to take it to Sprint.

Thanks for the help guys...
Old 05-11-2009, 04:41 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

razorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Yahoo to razorloves

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubez View Post
I definitely didnt unlock the phone. All i installed was Goods cab that moved a couple of things around to supposedly save battery life, etc. I did a soft reset and the problem still persisits. I think Im just going to take it to Sprint.

Thanks for the help guys...
First thing they're gonna do is hard reset it to see if that fixes your problem, so you might as well do it yourself, like suggested a couple times above.

Last edited by razorloves; 05-11-2009 at 04:44 AM.
Old 05-11-2009, 03:13 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by razorloves View Post
First thing they're gonna do is hard reset it to see if that fixes your problem, so you might as well do it yourself, like suggested a couple times above.
Im trying to back up my contacts / contents before i do a hard reset. For some reason Win Media Center is only giving me the option to sync mobile favorites and files. I keep trying to change the sync options and cant. Any suggestions?????

Could this be because its not locked up with Outlook? Never really bothered with Outlook....
Old 05-11-2009, 03:17 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

razorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Yahoo to razorloves

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubez View Post
Im trying to back up my contacts / contents before i do a hard reset. For some reason Win Media Center is only giving me the option to sync mobile favorites and files. I keep trying to change the sync options and cant. Any suggestions?????

Could this be because its not locked up with Outlook? Never really bothered with Outlook....
you have to have Microsoft Outlook installed for that to work. Sounds like you don't have it. You probably only have Outlook Express. You can use PIM Backup to backup your stuff if you don't have Outlook. It's free here http://www.dotfred.net/
Old 05-13-2009, 12:02 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch WM6.5

acontrasto is keeping up the good workacontrasto is keeping up the good work
Send a message via Skype™ to acontrasto

PIM backup is for sure the way to go. I use it all the time.

Also, if you want, when you fix your phone, or get it fixed, or get a new one check out Microsoft MyPhone. It automatically backs up your contacts to an online server at any time schedule you specify so if you have any problems with your phone, your contacts will be safe. It also backs up texts, pics, and other things too. The service is free and it saves you the hassle of having to save your backup manually.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro