PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-10-2009, 09:04 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: Sprint

kaine1688 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Touch screen wont work at all need help with options

Ok so heres my problem i have PointUI installed on my phone and somehow i got water underneath the screen and theres a huge smudge underneath the screen. As a result i am unable to use the screen at all. Now everytime i plug the phone into the computer it starts internet sharing, and since i cant use the touch screen i dont think i can select activesync. Because of this i am unable to flash to stock rom. I can open up File explorer through the keyboard but it opens on some random folder, is there a way to navigate and go to the storage card maybe where i could put the rom on it and reflash it that way. If so could anyone post a thread link with all that i would need.

Lastly if i am unable to reflash my phone i have TEP on it, what is my best choice. Should i claim i lost the phone, put it in a microwave (claim the board doesnt work or would that even work), or is there a way to reflash the rom. Need help quick plz.

Also if i go to a sprint center does me having a different rom void TEP.
Old 05-10-2009, 09:24 AM
Shop smart, shop S-MART!!
Pocket PC: Evolte, Gnex

themuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIP
Re: Touch screen wont work at all need help with options

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaine1688 View Post
Ok so heres my problem i have PointUI installed on my phone and somehow i got water underneath the screen and theres a huge smudge underneath the screen. As a result i am unable to use the screen at all. Now everytime i plug the phone into the computer it starts internet sharing, and since i cant use the touch screen i dont think i can select activesync. Because of this i am unable to flash to stock rom. I can open up File explorer through the keyboard but it opens on some random folder, is there a way to navigate and go to the storage card maybe where i could put the rom on it and reflash it that way. If so could anyone post a thread link with all that i would need.

Lastly if i am unable to reflash my phone i have TEP on it, what is my best choice. Should i claim i lost the phone, put it in a microwave (claim the board doesnt work or would that even work), or is there a way to reflash the rom. Need help quick plz.

Also if i go to a sprint center does me having a different rom void TEP.
Well, you already said that there is water damage which they can easily tell even if you put it microwave and just say its not working (which is fraud by the way), just suck it up and pay the $100. If you say you lost it, you would still have to pay $100 to have it replaced anyway.

Last edited by themuffinman; 05-10-2009 at 09:29 AM.
Old 05-10-2009, 09:25 AM
mmmm Freebirds
Pocket PC: HTC EVO (X2)

Darkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIP

You would need a computer to reflash the ROM since your touch screen is not working.
Download the stock ROM from HERE
Extract the StockSprintHermanOSBigstorageRUU_dumped.nbh file out of it and place it on the root of your storage card.
Rename it to RAPHIMG.nbh
Press and hold the power and the volume down keys while you reset.
This should put your phone in bootloader mode and it should reflash the stock rom
Relocker posted HERE

Good things don't end in 'eum,' they end in 'mania'...or 'teria'
Easily switch between TouchFlo and Mobile Shell
If you like my work feel free to

Last edited by Darkness231; 05-10-2009 at 09:27 AM.
Old 05-10-2009, 09:30 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

kaine1688 is a n00b

i dont mind paying the 100 bucks but if i voided TEP because of that i swear i would shatter the phone in front of the rep and say woops
Old 05-10-2009, 09:38 AM

themuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIP

Quote:
i dont mind paying the 100 bucks but if i voided TEP because of that i swear i would shatter the phone in front of the rep and say woops
This is why you would have TEP in the first place, to cover anything else that the warranty won't cover, like accidents. One of my co-workers droped her blackberry in the toilet the other day, she was all histerical while I was LMAO. But I explained to her that its ok and that they will replace it for her.

EDIT:

Oh and don't even worry about flashing back to stock, just call them and they will send you a replacement.

Last edited by themuffinman; 05-10-2009 at 09:41 AM.
Old 05-10-2009, 01:13 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

kaine1688 is a n00b

so what u think is a better choice going to a repair center or just doin it via phone. Is there any possibility if i go to the store i can get a replacement on the spot?
Old 05-10-2009, 02:27 PM

Quote:
so what u think is a better choice going to a repair center or just doin it via phone. Is there any possibility if i go to the store i can get a replacement on the spot?
Actually since its an insurance claim the store would probably give you the number to call the insurance company and they would then order it for you. If it was defective and it was just a warranty exchange type of deal then the store may do it for you.
Old 05-10-2009, 04:54 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

kaine1688 is a n00b

Thx as of right now my phone is sitting inside a bag full of rice inside my WC rig see if that little environment change will do the trick before i send the claim
Old 05-10-2009, 09:58 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Hero, Touch Pro

boredmug is becoming a PPCGeeks regularboredmug is becoming a PPCGeeks regularboredmug is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

you can download mymobiler and install it and use your computer to control your screen. Also, you don't actually have to use active sync to reflash your phone.. you can just put it in bootloader by holding the power button and down on the volume and it will connect via the usb. No active sync required to flash. Another option is flashing with your sd card. Have never tried it before, but i know it can be done.
Old 05-10-2009, 10:06 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

razorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Yahoo to razorloves

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredmug View Post
you can download mymobiler and install it and use your computer to control your screen. Also, you don't actually have to use active sync to reflash your phone.. you can just put it in bootloader by holding the power button and down on the volume and it will connect via the usb. No active sync required to flash. Another option is flashing with your sd card. Have never tried it before, but i know it can be done.
the phone has to be in activesync mode to use mymobiler, so that's not an option, and a couple posts above yours some one told him how to flash from sd card.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro