PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-10-2009, 09:53 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Mogul 6800
Carrier: Sprint

the evil i is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
do you think...?

i have a defective touch pro. the keyboard is completely disfunctional. it will light up when i slide it out but a single button will not work

i have insurance, do you thinkkk that if i go to the sprint store and ask for a blackberry curve instead of a new touch pro they will give it to me?
Old 05-10-2009, 10:18 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Hero, Touch Pro

boredmug is becoming a PPCGeeks regularboredmug is becoming a PPCGeeks regularboredmug is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: do you think...?

Not sure if they would exchange for the Curve.. My question is WHY would you want a curve? Totally inferior phone to the TP. I know some people have had the issure with the keyboard going out because of a problem with the ribbon cord either coming loose or getting knicked up by the sliding mechanism but i've yet to encounter that problem. you dissatisfied with the phone otherwise?
Old 05-10-2009, 10:23 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Mogul 6800
Threadstarter

the evil i is just getting started

i dont doubt at all that the touch pro is a better phone. its just that if i do have to replace it or something it is such a hassle to re-install all of the programs i had to get the phone back to the way it was. and also, in my highschool EVERYBODY has a blackberry, so bbm is a nice little feature
Old 05-10-2009, 10:35 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Hero, Touch Pro

boredmug is becoming a PPCGeeks regularboredmug is becoming a PPCGeeks regularboredmug is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Ah.. i flash so many roms to my phone so often that i pretty much have setting up my phone down to a science. Never really been a fan of the blackberry. Choice is yours.. You may be able to convince them to give you a curve if you complain enough, but i think generally they replace phones with the same phone.
Old 05-10-2009, 10:37 PM
Very Important Person
Pocket PC: HTC Hero

ruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Chances are they will not give you a blackberry. Also, you sure your parents wanna pay the extra money for the blackberry plan?
Old 05-11-2009, 11:06 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro/Touch Diamond/BlackBerry Tour 9630

basilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuff
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by the evil i View Post
i have a defective touch pro. the keyboard is completely disfunctional. it will light up when i slide it out but a single button will not work

i have insurance, do you thinkkk that if i go to the sprint store and ask for a blackberry curve instead of a new touch pro they will give it to me?
I still find it funny when High School kids need blackberry's and fancy phones. I didn't get a cell phone till I went to college, and even then it was a crappy Samsung flip. This was also before SMS, Camera Phones, and Color Screens.

But, the worst thing you could do is ask...and if they say, "no," you're stuck with a better phone. So really, you can't lose.

Also, if you used a program like SPB Backup, you could back up the entire phone and all programs, and then restore it onto your replacement phone. Just make sure you've given the replacement enough time for your web access to kick back in (assuming you have it) or you will have to hard reset your phone.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro