PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   do you think...? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=68158)

the evil i 05-10-2009 09:53 PM

do you think...?

i have a defective touch pro. the keyboard is completely disfunctional. it will light up when i slide it out but a single button will not work

i have insurance, do you thinkkk that if i go to the sprint store and ask for a blackberry curve instead of a new touch pro they will give it to me?

boredmug 05-10-2009 10:18 PM

Re: do you think...?

Not sure if they would exchange for the Curve.. My question is WHY would you want a curve? Totally inferior phone to the TP. I know some people have had the issure with the keyboard going out because of a problem with the ribbon cord either coming loose or getting knicked up by the sliding mechanism but i've yet to encounter that problem. you dissatisfied with the phone otherwise?

the evil i 05-10-2009 10:23 PM

i dont doubt at all that the touch pro is a better phone. its just that if i do have to replace it or something it is such a hassle to re-install all of the programs i had to get the phone back to the way it was. and also, in my highschool EVERYBODY has a blackberry, so bbm is a nice little feature

boredmug 05-10-2009 10:35 PM

Ah.. i flash so many roms to my phone so often that i pretty much have setting up my phone down to a science. Never really been a fan of the blackberry. Choice is yours.. You may be able to convince them to give you a curve if you complain enough, but i think generally they replace phones with the same phone.

ruskiyab 05-10-2009 10:37 PM

Chances are they will not give you a blackberry. Also, you sure your parents wanna pay the extra money for the blackberry plan?

basilray 05-11-2009 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the evil i (Post 907519)
i have a defective touch pro. the keyboard is completely disfunctional. it will light up when i slide it out but a single button will not work

i have insurance, do you thinkkk that if i go to the sprint store and ask for a blackberry curve instead of a new touch pro they will give it to me?

I still find it funny when High School kids need blackberry's and fancy phones. I didn't get a cell phone till I went to college, and even then it was a crappy Samsung flip. This was also before SMS, Camera Phones, and Color Screens.

But, the worst thing you could do is ask...and if they say, "no," you're stuck with a better phone. So really, you can't lose.

Also, if you used a program like SPB Backup, you could back up the entire phone and all programs, and then restore it onto your replacement phone. Just make sure you've given the replacement enough time for your web access to kick back in (assuming you have it) or you will have to hard reset your phone.