PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-11-2009, 09:30 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

jayt2008 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: send/receive schedule..

No problems razorloves. Thank you for you help.

I did try seven but it didnt seem to connect for some reason. I checked out the mail2web website but cant seem to find where i can register? someone said it was free but from what i see you have to pay a fee.

The best thing i thought was to try and change the reg to send/receive every minute instead of 5 but it looks like that cant be done?
Old 05-11-2009, 09:58 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

razorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Yahoo to razorloves

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayt2008 View Post
No problems razorloves. Thank you for you help.

I did try seven but it didnt seem to connect for some reason. I checked out the mail2web website but cant seem to find where i can register? someone said it was free but from what i see you have to pay a fee.

The best thing i thought was to try and change the reg to send/receive every minute instead of 5 but it looks like that cant be done?
I see you used that little app from xda and it worked, but you say it wouldn't notify you when you got new email if the phone was in standby? Didn't the emails come through pocket outlook, like normal? Did the phone notify you when you get new email without that little app? I'm just curious how that's any different. It should work the same.
Old 05-11-2009, 10:19 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

jayt2008 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by razorloves View Post
I see you used that little app from xda and it worked, but you say it wouldn't notify you when you got new email if the phone was in standby? Didn't the emails come through pocket outlook, like normal? Did the phone notify you when you get new email without that little app? I'm just curious how that's any different. It should work the same.
Yeah i did use it. It did notify me if i got a new email but only if the phones screen was on.. the email came through and showed up in pocket outlook just as it does normally. Thats exactly what i want.. but the only problem with that program was that for some reason when the phone is in standby with the screen off the app doesn't actually run therefore the email doesn't come through.
I would love to be able to fix this so that even when the phone is in standby in my pocket for example, the app would still receive email and notify me..

Without the program outlook does recieve every 5 minutes and it does notify without fail.. but like i said i would actually like to recieve emails every minute or so..

Last edited by jayt2008; 05-11-2009 at 10:21 PM.
Old 05-11-2009, 10:29 PM
VIP Member

razorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Yeah i did use it. It did notify me if i got a new email but only if the phones screen was on.. the email came through and showed up in pocket outlook just as it does normally. Thats exactly what i want.. but the only problem with that program was that for some reason when the phone is in standby with the screen off the app doesn't actually run therefore the email doesn't come through.
I would love to be able to fix this so that even when the phone is in standby in my pocket for example, the app would still receive email and notify me..
I believe that's easy to fix. I'm not that familiar with the registry, but i'm pretty sure you can change a setting to keep alive or on while suspend.
Old 05-11-2009, 10:34 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

jayt2008 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by razorloves View Post
I believe that's easy to fix. I'm not that familiar with the registry, but i'm pretty sure you can change a setting to keep alive or on while suspend.
That is what i thought.. but as you probably realise im not family with registry editing etc. and i have no clue where to start. Im just searching everywhere to find someone that could help me do this..
Old 05-11-2009, 10:37 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
That is what i thought.. but as you probably realise im not family with registry editing etc. and i have no clue where to start. Im just searching everywhere to find someone that could help me do this..
You can open your registry and do a search for the name of that little app from xda and look through the settings and see if you come across any of the key words i mentioned. It might not be there though cause it may have to be added.
Old 05-11-2009, 10:47 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

jayt2008 is a n00b

I have just done this.. it only shows..

"Default - value not set
Account - Nationwide Finance (which is my account)
Confirmation - 0
Minuten - 1"

That is all thats in there, nothing more to to change to keep it alive...
Old 05-11-2009, 11:11 PM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)

jay, try the diamond tweak in post #6, it has a setting that wakes the phone up with a new message. follow the instructions and please thank caddieguy02 while you're in there http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...-bee+here+help
Old 05-11-2009, 11:23 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

dave01978 is keeping up the good workdave01978 is keeping up the good work

ok here is what i did create the provision xml file

- <wap-provisioningdoc>
<characteristic type="EMAIL2">
<characteristic type="{2c431f22-e28f-4ac7-a876-3fb1b08b728c}">
<parm name="SERVICENAME" value="Gmail" />
<parm name="SERVICETYPE" value="IMAP4" />
<parm name="INSERVER" value="imap.gmail.com" />
<parm name="OUTSERVER" value="smtp.gmail.com" />
<parm name="NAME" value="Your Name" />
<parm name="REPLYADDR" value="" />
<parm name="AUTHNAME" value="email.address@gmail.com" />
<parm name="AUTHSECRET" value="YourPassword" />
<parm name="DOMAIN" value="" />
<parm name="AUTHREQUIRED" value="1" />
<parm name="LINGER" value="1" />
<parm name="RETRIEVE" value="-1" />
<parm name="KEEPMAX" value="512" />
<parm name="DWNDAY" value="3" />
<parm name="SMTPALTENABLED" value="0" />
<parm name="SMTPALTAUTHNAME" value="" />
<parm name="SMTPALTPASSWORD" value="" />
<parm name="SMTPALTDOMAIN" value="" />
<characteristic type="TAGPROPS">
<parm name="8128000B" value="1" />
<parm name="812C000B" value="1" />
</characteristic>
</characteristic>
</characteristic>
</wap-provisioningdoc>basically you need to input your mail server settings, and enter your email, and pw in there, then download dotfred task manager and install, then you can run a xml and set up the account again.

It sounds complicated but its not, if you need help pm me,

Dave

Old 05-12-2009, 12:23 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

jayt2008 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr8820 View Post
jay, try the diamond tweak in post #6, it has a setting that wakes the phone up with a new message. follow the instructions and please thank caddieguy02 while you're in there http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...-bee+here+help
I did try that and unfortunately thats only for text messages.

Dave, i'm sorry but i have no idea how to create a provision xml file.. i did send you a pm..

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro