PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-19-2009, 01:41 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

robj19 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrobj19 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrobj19 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrobj19 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Slide 2 Unlock App Killing The Phones Battery?

same here with the drainage problem. But those of you who will try Pocketshiled be careful because it can be very very buggy. I love the features of it but i had to soft rest my phone 15-20 times a day because of that app. Its most common problem is answering calls with it. I had a full charge this morning and its now 1:40 and my battery is at 20% using S2U2.

Don't just say THANKS click it!

Old 05-19-2009, 02:36 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

diandgy is a n00b

app works great
Old 05-19-2009, 08:17 PM
.:DoWorkSon:.
Pocket PC: .:OD:.Incredible:.DroidX:.iPhone4:.ThunderBolt:.
Carrier: Verizon

GrandMasterB is a VIPGrandMasterB is a VIPGrandMasterB is a VIPGrandMasterB is a VIPGrandMasterB is a VIPGrandMasterB is a VIPGrandMasterB is a VIPGrandMasterB is a VIPGrandMasterB is a VIPGrandMasterB is a VIPGrandMasterB is a VIP
Send a message via MSN to GrandMasterB

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadwrong03 View Post
i was using the stock rom and after about a weeko f not having s2u2 installed on my phone its definately alot better that app was murdering my battery i was only gettin about 20 or so mins of battery life
If your only getting 20 minute battery life there must be something else wrong with your TP. I know the batt life sucks on these TP's but 20 minutes!!!
Old 05-19-2009, 08:44 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

GoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributions

S2U2 uses a lot of resources and is a huge battery drain. This is the exact reason I quit using it a while back, too much of a battery hog.

And
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmorton10 View Post
Try Pocket Shield, it's not free but is hands down the best locking app available IMHO.
I think I give a +1 for this. I've only been using pocketshield for a few days now, and really like it so far. Haven't noticed really any impact on the battery drain either.

PPCGeeks New User Guide

Old 05-19-2009, 11:56 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: XV6850
Carrier: Verizon

CheezWiz is becoming a great contributor

I paid for pocket shield. Working great and I am getting all day battery life again. I used S2U2 with all the features off and configured to suspend power, but it was sucking the TP dry. I also installed the patched ilock2 file and still no go. I loved an older version of S2U2 on my XV6700 and it was great, but the code has become bloated. The pocketshield guy has a philosophy that "less is more".. I like that. I bought A_C a few cups of coffee myself and mean no disrespect to his work, but you can see my posts at XDA urging for skinny code....
Running: Latest Stock VZW ROM for the working Voice Command (PagePool@8MB)
What I would be running if VC worked: MightyROM 4/R3BORN 06/01/09
Radio: Latest VZW Stock (Will likely switch to 1.07.06F)
Locker: Pocket Shield
Want an easy and free way to share files privately on any OS?
https://www.getdropbox.com/referrals/NTEwOTAwMDI5
^^^use my link for an extra 250MB's of space!
Old 05-20-2009, 02:44 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Epic 4G

Wunder is becoming a PPCGeeks regularWunder is becoming a PPCGeeks regularWunder is becoming a PPCGeeks regularWunder is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via Skype™ to Wunder

Quote:
Originally Posted by diandgy View Post
this app works great and im glad you guys are making it happen for us non tech guys......
Quote:
Originally Posted by diandgy View Post
app works great
noted...

Did I help? The is down to the right

Old 05-24-2009, 04:18 PM
Just a NooB
Pocket PC: ZoOm ZoOm EVO Time

Sporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on rep

anyone got a fix for the unknown called BUG i tried replacing the ilock.exe like i found in another post but its still there

Last edited by Sporkman; 05-24-2009 at 05:20 PM.
Old 06-22-2009, 04:21 PM
Bringer of Good Things
Pocket PC: HTC TITAN
Carrier: AT&T

GoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)

For the sake of those stumbling on this post and left with the thought, "Gee, Pocket Shield sounds great! Where can I find it?!" I'll be kind and post the link since noone else seems to have done so:
http://pocketshield.netserver01.com/
Old 06-30-2009, 01:36 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

z284pwr is a n00b

I've been using S2U2 for some time now, a few months, and it never really seemed to drain my battery, I have 2 batteries I switch out every 2 weeks-month so they may just not be losing battery life as quickly?

I have recently had the S2U2 stop working all together on my TP. Installed fine, worked great for about a week then it just stopped working. Unless I manually lock the phone with the S2U2 app it doesn't automatically work. Why oh why can't WM have the old lock that was on WM5 that just automatically locked on it's own and didn't require apps to keep it locked like it does now
Old 06-30-2009, 06:02 AM
Jailbroken and rooted
Pocket PC: ET4G/Thrive/iPad (original)
Carrier: Sprint and AT&T

amw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIP
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

quick suggestion about S2U2 settings. Try putting your settings to "ignore screen rotation" I've been running the 2.0 or better S2U2 and have had ZERO battery issue. Til earlier tonight, when I messed around with the settings. With Scrn rotate on...(where you get your landscape S2U2 when you slide your keyboard out)...I was literally able to drain the batt by continuously rotating the phone (without sliding the keyboard out)

Give is a shot, I run mine with weather/sms/email push to my S2U2 screen. I do not have any data connection problems. Nor do I have any battery drain problems.

hit thnx if this helps YOU

This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro