PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-16-2009, 06:12 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

birostick is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
New HTC Touch pro - data issues

So I had to replace my HTC Touch Pro since the keyboard died on it. Sprint gave me a brand new in the box HTC Touch Pro and none of the data works on it, not even text messaging works on the phone.

I have been getting error 67 and 1012 which are vision errors. When i recently logged on to my sprint account online i saw that i do not have access to changing my vision password which leads me to believe that they somehow took it off.

I have already done a master reset and tried going through all the steps with an online rep to no avail.

Anyone have any ideas? or should i just head back in to the sprint store?

Thanks.
Old 05-16-2009, 06:21 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

razorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Yahoo to razorloves
Re: New HTC Touch pro - data issues

Text messaging doesn't work? brand new? that's crazy. i assume the rep had you do a hard reset, right? I know you said master reset, just want to clarify. Sounds like something is up on there end. not sure though. for data problem this is a good fix http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...&highlight=dcd

Last edited by razorloves; 05-16-2009 at 06:33 PM.
Old 05-16-2009, 06:27 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

birostick is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by razorloves View Post
Text messaging doesn't work? brand new? that's crazy. i assusme the rep had you do a hard reset, right? I know you said master reset, just want to clarify. Sounds like something is up on there end. not sure though. for data problem this is a good fix http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...&highlight=dcd
by master reset i meant hard reset.

i'm thinking it might be a provisioning error as i can't access my vision account online.
Old 05-16-2009, 06:42 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

pctek4456 is becoming a great contributor

Make sure that your phone has been properly programmed with the correct msid and meid. Also make sure that they have the correct esn in the system (Might still have the old one)

Quote:
Originally Posted by birostick View Post
So I had to replace my HTC Touch Pro since the keyboard died on it. Sprint gave me a brand new in the box HTC Touch Pro and none of the data works on it, not even text messaging works on the phone.

I have been getting error 67 and 1012 which are vision errors. When i recently logged on to my sprint account online i saw that i do not have access to changing my vision password which leads me to believe that they somehow took it off.

I have already done a master reset and tried going through all the steps with an online rep to no avail.

Anyone have any ideas? or should i just head back in to the sprint store?

Thanks.
Old 05-16-2009, 07:14 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

birostick is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by pctek4456 View Post
Make sure that your phone has been properly programmed with the correct msid and meid. Also make sure that they have the correct esn in the system (Might still have the old one)
If they did not have the correct ESN i would not be able to make calls, correct?

I can make calls, just no data.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro