PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Up for a CHALLENGE ??? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=68101)

nubetube23 05-10-2009 11:01 AM

Up for a CHALLENGE ???

First off, I have a lot of respect for you guys.

I bought an HTC Touch Pro for Sprint about two weeks ago. This is the first "smart" phone I have ever owned ( first phone in nearly four years, last was the SPH a740).

I have used posts on this site to unlock the camera features, change sensitivity settings, and boost the processing speed.

Again, you guys are awesome.

Here's my issue:

I just got my first bill and it was double the usual amount. I had data usage charges that were rediculous.

I do not subscribe to Sprint Vision services and did not realize the Touch Pro connects automatically.

It probably sounds pretty dumb to have a phone like this and not pay for vision.

Well, I am newly married, living in an apartment, trying to save money for a house, and my wife says we are going to have a baby soon.

So the bottom line is, I need to save as much money every month as possible. Plus, I can access via Wi-Fi at home, work and traveling.

I called Sprint and had a block put on the Vision services. Since then, I am getting ERROR 67 and #777 codes like crazy. It's driving me insane!!!!

Do you guys know what programs try to connect automatically and how I can disable this feature?

Or possibly just disable the error messages without interfering with other pop-up messages?

All intelligent suggestions are welcome.

Thank you.

Hypnotic2010 05-10-2009 11:28 AM

Re: Up for a CHALLENGE ???

[quote=nubetube23;906642]First off, I have a lot of respect for you guys.

I bought an HTC Touch Pro for Sprint about two weeks ago. This is the first "smart" phone I have ever owned ( first phone in nearly four years, last was the SPH a740).

I have used posts on this site to unlock the camera features, change sensitivity settings, and boost the processing speed.

Again, you guys are awesome.

Here's my issue:

I just got my first bill and it was double the usual amount. I had data usage charges that were rediculous.

Just go to the comm manager and shut off data connection.
Things that could be asking for data:
Weather app, email, anything else that checks internet.

Crazyheaven 05-10-2009 11:29 AM

You can always connect to wireless networks. I had the same problem as you. I called sprint and spoke to them for about 2 hours one day. I finally convinced them to discount my bill so I'm not really paying for the vision package. With sprint no isn't the answer, it's the challenge.

I see you got a lot of new features for you phone here. Remember to hit the thank button when someone gives you advice or something you like.

Gratz on the new baby and being new married.

nubetube23 05-10-2009 11:46 AM

Thank you for the congrats and both of the suggestions.

Yeah, customer service reps at Sprint can be quite annoying. The answer to all problems is, "PAY MORE, GET MORE, PROBLEM SOLVED."

Really tests my patience.

However, I did turn data connections off via COMM Manager. Yet, I am still getting the error messages several times a day.

I also went to SETTING>CONNECTIONS>MANAGE EXISTING CONNECTIONS and tried to turn off SPRINT internet service there. But no luck there either.

dkranes 05-10-2009 11:55 AM

If you really want to save money, dump Sprint and flash your phone over to Cricket or some other month-to-month CDMA carrier. $60/month gets you unlimited voice & data. No contracts, no ETFs. Not a good fit for everyone, but a great way to save money without giving up a ton of features if you can do it.

Only thing nobody has figured out yet for Cricket is push email when you're not on WiFi, other than that everything works great.

ruskiyab 05-10-2009 12:37 PM

First off, welcome to the site

This post does not belong in the Touch Pro Upgrades section

As far as your problem, try going into connection settings and delete sprint that way it wont have anything to connect to.

Also, if you want data, call sprint, tell them you wanna cancel, they will transfer you to retentions who will do just about anything to keep you, tell them you want included data and you don't want to pay more than what you're paying now. You may be surprised with what they're gonna give you, might even be paying less with data then without.

Big D5 05-10-2009 02:09 PM

Moved to main TP forum

ventowtf 05-10-2009 03:53 PM

http://htcdriver.com/index.php?page=nodata

No Data, is what you're looking for. Download & Install that to your phone and turn off Sprint and whatever else you have turned on.

RonDutt 05-10-2009 04:23 PM

ventowtf beat me to it :( (hey, I had a cake to watch over--<3 mom). Use No Data, completely disables data and mutes just about everything that asks for data. Get "no connection found" on the weather panel from time to time with it but no "connection to #777 failed" or error 67's.

piranah 05-10-2009 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nubetube23 (Post 906642)
and my wife says we are going to have a baby soon.

she might say that, but is she really going to have one? or does she just want money to go shopping?

sorry, couldnt resist..