PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-10-2009, 12:14 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Moto Droid - 1.2ghz
Carrier: MetroPCS

goldenu is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Unhappy MetroPCS can't flash my Touch Pro

Hey all,

Ok, I've been modding on the GSM side through the Hermes, Kaiser, and Fuze days, but the MetroPCS deal was too good to pass by. I purchased a Sprint Touch Pro and took it, completely unmodified, to MetroPCS...Three attempts to flash it failed. All the lady there could say is "It' won't pick it up." As she clearly has vastly less knowledge than even I do, I took it back home.

Last night I flashed both HardSPL and MightyROM to the phone, and assumed that whatever problem it had was resolved: nope, Metro still can't flash the phone. The oft-repeated answer is "flash a MetroPCS rom," but in several hours of searching I have yet to FIND a MetroPCS-specific rom. I'm completely frustrated and would throw this Touch Pro out the window if I didn't want this unlimited plan so much. Does anyone have an idea what I'v got going wrong over here? ESN comes back clean and the phone hasn't shown a single ill behavior.

My deepest thanks if anyone has some ideas on this.
Old 05-10-2009, 12:23 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

razorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Yahoo to razorloves
Re: MetroPCS can't flash my Touch Pro

I've posted all kinds of info on metropcs in this forum. If you do a search you'll find it.

So, they say they can't flash it, but will they add the esn to their system for activation? Cause even if you reprogram it yourself, you still need them to activate it.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-10-2009, 12:31 AM
VIP Member

razorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation level

HowardForums is a great source of info for MetroPCS. Here's a link that tells you how to reprogram your phone http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=1466303

There's also plenty of info on how to get it activated on there.

For your info, there is no rom you can flash to accomplish this.

Last edited by razorloves; 05-10-2009 at 01:13 AM.
Old 05-10-2009, 02:33 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by razorloves View Post
HowardForums is a great source of info for MetroPCS. Here's a link that tells you how to reprogram your phone http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=1466303

There's also plenty of info on how to get it activated on there.

For your info, there is no rom you can flash to accomplish this.
Many thanks for your assistance.
Old 05-10-2009, 02:41 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Ok, these instructions are similar to ones I found, but I was not able to get past the security code. I loaded HardSPL, but "000000" will not bypass the lock.
Old 05-10-2009, 03:05 AM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenu View Post
Ok, these instructions are similar to ones I found, but I was not able to get past the security code. I loaded HardSPL, but "000000" will not bypass the lock.
To get the code, use this http://www.baf.cc/bafmsl. 000000 is the code for the alltel and verizon phone, not sprint.

Last edited by razorloves; 05-10-2009 at 03:07 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro