PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-09-2009, 04:53 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

BikerSk8rKid is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to BikerSk8rKid Send a message via Yahoo to BikerSk8rKid
I Need Opinions Please

Once again I'm having trouble with my Phone/Service/Sprint and I've only had my phone for a month or anything like this phone. First two weeks I got it I was calling Sprint every single day yelling at them because my text messages (more then half of them) were getting delayed by hours constantly.

I finally took it in last weekend and told the guy what was going on and even had proof of them being delayed. He didn't look, nor did he care and all he did was a Hard Reset (not clear storage way). Then he gives me the phone back and says you should be fine. Everything seemed just fine until now. I noticed that half of my phone calls aren't going through. I actually tested this out my self and it's with multiple people, not just one person.

I also got a delayed text message today and then it's only been a few minutes delayed. Well that text messaged that got delayed was really really inportant and I missed it by an hour or so, which screwed me over again.

I'm getting to the point where I'm just going to b***h them out and change services, becuse I'm tired of dealing with them all the time. Wasting my time sitting on the phone for hours, wasting my time driving all the way to the store to have them fix it and then sit there for hour or how ever long.

I have the Stock Sprint Rom with a few cabs and this is getting to be really annoying. I used to love Sprint and thought they were the best, but now I'm thinking of switching and I need an opinion or help at least.

Sorry this is long, like I said I'm new to all this and yeah. :/ Thanks

Edit: You'd seem that they want you for a customer and will do whatever they can to help you, but it sure doesn't seem like it to me. Oh my phone is brand new and not no refurbished crap. I never dropped it, wrecked it or anything and it's just fine. When I called them the first two weeks I got the phone and kept yelling at them. They had me change my MSID multiple times, that's strange.
I also soft reset my phone a lot now since it seem that the text messages will show up right after I do it, not always, but sometimes and this is bull****.

Last edited by BikerSk8rKid; 05-09-2009 at 05:01 PM.
Old 05-09-2009, 05:36 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community
Re: I Need Opinions Please

Unfortunately, this is what you have to put up with when you're on Sprint (I had the exact same problems for two years on Sprint)

All those problems disappeared when I switched to Verizon. I'm no big fan of verizon as a company, but I never ever miss a call & my texts go through & receive immediately (& we use texts ALL THE TIME where I work & it is pretty important that they go through when they're supposed to)

~John
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-09-2009, 05:39 PM
lwrdrchvy2

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

have you tried updating your prl and profile in the settings menu? That could make a difference if you are behind a couple prl versions. You could also try unlocking the phone and flashing a different radio to see if you get any better service in the areas you are in. Sprint is the only cell company I have ever had and I have never had anything like that happen to me.
Old 05-09-2009, 05:44 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Droid X

razorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Yahoo to razorloves

Quote:
Originally Posted by lwrdrchvy2 View Post
have you tried updating your prl and profile in the settings menu? That could make a difference if you are behind a couple prl versions. You could also try unlocking the phone and flashing a different radio to see if you get any better service in the areas you are in. Sprint is the only cell company I have ever had and I have never had anything like that happen to me.
+1 to trying a different radio. Lots of people have reported much better results with the telus one in particular. You can get them here http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=46616.
Old 05-09-2009, 05:46 PM
DaFlowMaster
Pocket PC: TP2 IPHONE 3GS 5.1.1
Carrier: GSM...

HBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via AIM to HBOOT

How about trying another phone and see what happens, been with Sprint for years, never had that prob...
Old 05-09-2009, 06:08 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

jmorton10 - Agreed, I'm in the same position you are and I'm constantly texting 24/7. I didn't like Verizon at the time because they didn't have unlimited texting.

lwrdrchvy2 & razorloves - Yes I have updated the PRL, Profile and tried doing the Windows Update as well. I flashed a new Radio last night, the Telus one or something. I'm thinking about hard resetting my phone in a bit. I actually only had delays today, after the radio flash. I think at least I get a better connection in my apartmeant now.

hbenz2008 - Yeah before I switched over not to long ago I had the Samsung Blade SPH-A900 since it first came out. I didn't know they discontinued the phone until like last year sometime because I wanted to buy a new one. I got a refurbished one and it's pretty messed up. I mean it's gone through a lot of ****, it's really tough and built. But I either wasn't getting my text messages or even maybe phone calls. I at least was getting my Picture Mail just fine. See I only notice text message delay on this phone because of the text messaging layout and the time it was sent. I'm really picky with phones. :/

What I have installed on my phone:
Everything is updated
Programs in storage memroy:
Sprint Picture Mail
Banzai SMSNoSentMsg
Customization Tools
Wei Enterprises nueKBlight
Sprint Touch Pro Tweaks
Google Maps
Microsoft .NET CF 3.5
J.S. Advanced Configuration Tool 3.3

Ps. They say my area is like the best area for coverage and what not, if I remember correctly.

Last edited by BikerSk8rKid; 05-09-2009 at 06:10 PM.
Old 05-09-2009, 06:08 PM
VIP Member

razorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation level

Have you checked what your slot cycle index is set at in your PST settings? I copied and pasted this from the Touch Pro Essentials thread...

You can tweak your Slot Cycle Index (SCI) to make your phone poll the tower more often. This makes your texts and phone calls come through quicker. This setting is a trade off between lag (most noticeable when receiving calls) and battery life. The default value on our phones is 2. Every step of 1 adds 1.28 seconds to the poll time, so at a value of 2 it is only polling every 5 seconds or so. Most people lower this to 1, so the phone polls every 2.5 seconds. This won't affect battery life much in areas of good coverage, but may impact it noticeably if you're in a poor reception area. Your Access Overload Class (ACCOLC) determines your phone's priority on the cell tower. The higher the number, the lower the priority. Do note that 0 and 1 are reserved for emergency service uses, so DO NOT use these. You can ACCOLC's of 2-9, default on Sprint should be the last digit of your phone number.
Old 05-09-2009, 06:29 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by razorloves View Post
Have you checked what your slot cycle index is set at in your PST settings? I copied and pasted this from the Touch Pro Essentials thread...

You can tweak your Slot Cycle Index (SCI) to make your phone poll the tower more often. This makes your texts and phone calls come through quicker. This setting is a trade off between lag (most noticeable when receiving calls) and battery life. The default value on our phones is 2. Every step of 1 adds 1.28 seconds to the poll time, so at a value of 2 it is only polling every 5 seconds or so. Most people lower this to 1, so the phone polls every 2.5 seconds. This won't affect battery life much in areas of good coverage, but may impact it noticeably if you're in a poor reception area. Your Access Overload Class (ACCOLC) determines your phone's priority on the cell tower. The higher the number, the lower the priority. Do note that 0 and 1 are reserved for emergency service uses, so DO NOT use these. You can ACCOLC's of 2-9, default on Sprint should be the last digit of your phone number.
I do remember reading something on that, but not all this because I guess I rather have someone talk to me and walk me through it. I do know they kept telling me that the text messages lag and will take awhile, but it shouldn't happen a lot. Since they said I live in a good area. Not to afraid of the batterly dying, because I rather that happen then not get ****.

My problem is, how do I access this?
My last four digits is 0658 so yeah, random. LoL Also I never had a problem with phone calls before, until now or that I noticed at least. I don't see why phone calls would lag though, it should just go straight through. Not like not get it or a missed call.

Edit: That almost makes Sprint sound liike it has horriable tower response or whatever you would call it. Sorry, I'm like out of it, way stressed out, up set and irratated. I lost my second job over this stupid ****. :/ Then I'm having other problems on the side, just coming at me all at once sucks.

My Verison of Device Information:
Should I copy and paste what I have, because that might help or explain more.

Last edited by BikerSk8rKid; 05-09-2009 at 06:34 PM.
Old 05-09-2009, 06:41 PM
VIP Member

First, use this to get your MSL http://www.baf.cc/bafmsl.
Then dial ##778# and choose edit and then enter your MSL.
Then click "View Info" then select "Modem Settings".
Then you'll see the Slot Cycle Index, and just change the value to 1.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-09-2009, 06:43 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by razorloves View Post
First, use this to get your MSL http://www.baf.cc/bafmsl.
Then dial ##778# and choose edit and then enter your MSL.
Then click "View Info" then select "Modem Settings".
Then you'll see the Slot Cycle Index, and just change the value to 1.
In the information that you copied and paste it says most people use 1, but a little more reading it says that 0 and 1 is for emergency and do not use. I'm confused abou that part. :/ and can I get in trouble if so?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro