PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-09-2009, 03:42 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: htc evo3D
Carrier: Sprint

Sim-X knows their stuffSim-X knows their stuffSim-X knows their stuffSim-X knows their stuffSim-X knows their stuffSim-X knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to Sim-X Send a message via Yahoo to Sim-X
Low Battery Warning While On A Call Rather Than Just Drop??

So if I talk on the phone for a while and the battery gets low, the call will just cut out and then say low batter. I have never had a phone that doesn't alert or beep at you while you are on a call that has a low batter. Is there some way to set up an alert so I know when the bat is getting low?
Old 05-09-2009, 05:43 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G

jasonsf is keeping up the good workjasonsf is keeping up the good work
Re: Low Battery Warning While On A Call Rather Than Just Drop??

Not sure if this will do exactly that, but no2chem has written nuePower/nueBattery that does several things, one of which is a setting to not allow the phone to go in to airplane mode if the batter gets low. You can try it out and see if it keeps your call from dropping. I don't think it solves the "no alert" issue, though.

Jason
Old 05-09-2009, 05:47 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: htc evo3D
Threadstarter

Sim-X knows their stuffSim-X knows their stuffSim-X knows their stuffSim-X knows their stuffSim-X knows their stuffSim-X knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to Sim-X Send a message via Yahoo to Sim-X

Yea I actually have this installed already but haven't turned on the no airplane mode. There is a shortcut 2 do that in the nuotools folder. I'll maybe turn it on and see what happens. I'm really surprised there is no alert by default though.
Old 05-09-2009, 11:35 PM
WP Heavy Rot Sloth
Pocket PC: Mogul, Touch Pro 1&2, Evo, PhotonQ

shaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

yes there is an alert, the problem is it's set to go off @ 10%, but so is flight mode. also there is a string burried in the reg that says sound won't play while radio is being toggled.. go figure..
anyway with nueBattery flight mode togged you will start getting notifications in the low percentages, but the phone will stay on until it's completely dead. you have a few min warning, and so far I think it's been able to recover if I get it plugged in @ 1st warning.
Old 05-10-2009, 01:20 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G

jasonsf is keeping up the good workjasonsf is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sim-X View Post
Yea I actually have this installed already but haven't turned on the no airplane mode. There is a shortcut 2 do that in the nuotools folder. I'll maybe turn it on and see what happens. I'm really surprised there is no alert by default though.
Hmm, I have a shortcut to it in mine. There is a battery folder inside neuTools.

Jason
Old 05-10-2009, 02:46 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

slypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sim-X View Post
So if I talk on the phone for a while and the battery gets low, the call will just cut out and then say low batter. I have never had a phone that doesn't alert or beep at you while you are on a call that has a low batter. Is there some way to set up an alert so I know when the bat is getting low?
LOL, this happens to me all the time and i have just learned to deal with it. I tell my friends that my phone is rude

-s

Funniest thread ever!!

Don't just SAY "Thanks" PRESS ... Try it, it only takes a second!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro