PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-09-2009, 10:05 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
what would I gain by flashing aagain??

I have used many many ROM's in my TP, but lately it has worked perfectly (& I have a TON of apps & tweaks etc) so I have left it alone. I am running Mighty 4.16 with both TF3D HD (which has the stock tab & enhanced five day weather) & MS 3.0 as I like features of both. It boots into TF but brings up MS with a single fast click.

I run weather panel from 2nd today, so that is also available with a single click.

Lately, I have been getting bored & feel like flashing again but I'm not sure what (if anything) I would gain by doing it.

Can anybody comment on what I would (or wouldn't) gain by flashing again??

~John
Old 05-09-2009, 01:58 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Rhodium W (Sprint Touch Pro 2 CDMA)
Carrier: Sprint - SERO

mstevens is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmstevens is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmstevens is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: what would I gain by flashing aagain??

What is "MS 3.0?"
Old 05-09-2009, 02:40 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by mstevens View Post
What is "MS 3.0?"
MOBILE SHELL
Old 05-09-2009, 03:35 PM
i don't miss blackberry
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S3
Carrier: Sprint PCS

ou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuff

you could always flash to 6.5... just backup with sprite, and if you don't like it, flash back..
Old 05-09-2009, 03:43 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: htc evo3D
Carrier: Sprint

Sim-X knows their stuffSim-X knows their stuffSim-X knows their stuffSim-X knows their stuffSim-X knows their stuffSim-X knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to Sim-X Send a message via Yahoo to Sim-X

I tried the new mighty and a few other roms. Went back to Mighty 4.16 like you. I have things set up the way I like and think I'm gonna stick with it for a while. I think the 6.5 roms suck for tf3d which I like.
Old 05-09-2009, 04:23 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sim-X View Post
I tried the new mighty and a few other roms. Went back to Mighty 4.16 like you. I have things set up the way I like and think I'm gonna stick with it for a while. I think the 6.5 roms suck for tf3d which I like.
Yea, I guess you're probably right.

I did try a couple 6.5 ROM's & they really just didn't seem "ready for prime time" & I always end up reverting back to Mighty 4.16 (4.16 is by far & away the most 100% stable, rock solid, fast as hell ROM I've ever used in any system to date)

~John
Old 05-09-2009, 04:24 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: N/a

Nimdock is halfway to VIP status based on repNimdock is halfway to VIP status based on repNimdock is halfway to VIP status based on repNimdock is halfway to VIP status based on repNimdock is halfway to VIP status based on repNimdock is halfway to VIP status based on repNimdock is halfway to VIP status based on repNimdock is halfway to VIP status based on rep

No advice about the flashing here... Your taskbar is ugly.
Old 05-09-2009, 04:37 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Droid X

razorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Yahoo to razorloves

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmorton10 View Post
Yea, I guess you're probably right.

I did try a couple 6.5 ROM's & they really just didn't seem "ready for prime time" & I always end up reverting back to Mighty 4.16 (4.16 is by far & away the most 100% stable, rock solid, fast as hell ROM I've ever used in any system to date)

~John
I would have agreed with you a couple weeks ago but i think Mighty's new rom 5 with the camera fix to be pretty dang near perfect. In fact...i haven't had any problems with it at all, yet. But i do see what you're saying. Not really a whole lot to gain. I just really love the great finger friendlyness and smooth scrolling of 6.5.
Old 05-09-2009, 05:38 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by razorloves View Post
I would have agreed with you a couple weeks ago but i think Mighty's new rom 5 with the camera fix to be pretty dang near perfect. .
Well, maybe I'll give that another go then.......

~John

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro