PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-09-2009, 08:56 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

cuz215 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
TouchFLO 3d Cab

Bro, I've been looking all over the place for a tf3d install cab. I wanna install tf3d into one of the WM6.5 ROM's that I like, Merdins to be exact. I've looked all over the place and can't find anything. I found one cab at xda, but it was beyond glitchy, it was flat out unusable. In Today under the items tab, it's listed as Manila instead of TouchFlo 3D as it does in other ROM's with it installed already. I would really appreciate the help!!
Old 05-09-2009, 09:08 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Note-2

ycats is becoming a PPCGeeks regularycats is becoming a PPCGeeks regularycats is becoming a PPCGeeks regularycats is becoming a PPCGeeks regularycats is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: TouchFLO 3d Cab

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=493531
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-09-2009, 10:20 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

cuz215 is a n00b

Thanks for the link. I've already got that application, but I was under the impression that it was an upgrade to the original TouchFLO 3D, so I never tried installing it on a WM device w/out touchflo already installed. Thanks for the tip, I'll give it a shot and post results.

Update:
I tried installing the cab that was available but it errors out after the policy install. The only reason I can think of is because TF3D is not already installed on the ROM I have on my phone.

I still need the cab install for the standard TF3D that comes with the stock TouchPro ROM (as well as numerous other ROM's). I would really appreciate the help guys, thanks.

Last edited by cuz215; 05-09-2009 at 12:05 PM.
Old 05-09-2009, 03:26 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

razorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Yahoo to razorloves

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuz215 View Post
Thanks for the link. I've already got that application, but I was under the impression that it was an upgrade to the original TouchFLO 3D, so I never tried installing it on a WM device w/out touchflo already installed. Thanks for the tip, I'll give it a shot and post results.

Update:
I tried installing the cab that was available but it errors out after the policy install. The only reason I can think of is because TF3D is not already installed on the ROM I have on my phone.

I still need the cab install for the standard TF3D that comes with the stock TouchPro ROM (as well as numerous other ROM's). I would really appreciate the help guys, thanks.
There are plenty people that have reported successfully installing TF3D and Rhodium Manila (TF3D2) on 6.5. Here's a little guide for TF3D2 http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...&postcount=423
and here's a link to tf3d cabs http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...16&postcount=2

Also, read this http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=65925
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 05-09-2009, 07:28 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

cuz215 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by razorloves View Post
There are plenty people that have reported successfully installing TF3D and Rhodium Manila (TF3D2) on 6.5. Here's a little guide for TF3D2 http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...&postcount=423
and here's a link to tf3d cabs http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...16&postcount=2

Also, read this http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=65925

OK, I already had those install files, but I downloaded them again for the sake of your post. I went through the install for all the files in the correct order, and the same as happened before, the install failed. After the policy install, reboot, and cert install, the next file, the largest of the install cab's, has an unsucessful install. The instruction for the install stated to disable touchflo 3d in start>setting>today, but it's not in there. I'm running Merdin's 6.5 ROM and Touchflo 3D is not installed on it. So the XBOXMOD upgrade for TouchFlo 3D will not work.

What I need is the plain old install cabs for the touch pro stock sprint ROM TouchFlo 3D user interface. The cab that once installed, will give a TouchFlo 3D option in Start>Settings>Today - Items Tab.

If anyone has, or knows where to get what I'm looking for, PLEASE HELP! Thanks Guys!
Old 05-09-2009, 07:31 PM
VIP Member

razorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
OK, I already had those install files, but I downloaded them again for the sake of your post. I went through the install for all the files in the correct order, and the same as happened before, the install failed. After the policy install, reboot, and cert install, the next file, the largest of the install cab's, has an unsucessful install. The instruction for the install stated to disable touchflo 3d in start>setting>today, but it's not in there. I'm running Merdin's 6.5 ROM and Touchflo 3D is not installed on it. So the XBOXMOD upgrade for TouchFlo 3D will not work.

What I need is the plain old install cabs for the touch pro stock sprint ROM TouchFlo 3D user interface. The cab that once installed, will give a TouchFlo 3D option in Start>Settings>Today - Items Tab.

If anyone has, or knows where to get what I'm looking for, PLEASE HELP! Thanks Guys!
I gave you a link in my previous post to the sprint TF3D. You don't see it?
Old 05-09-2009, 08:51 PM
The Voice of Reason
Pocket PC: PPC 6700/Touch Diamond/Touch Pro

Big D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Moved to Main TP Forum
“It is from numberless diverse acts of courage and belief that human history is shaped. Each time a man stands up for an ideal, or acts to improve the lot of others, or strikes out against injustice, he sends forth a tiny ripple of hope.”

Robert Kennedy

Ha y'all come visit me at WMExperts some time.
Old 05-09-2009, 09:08 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

cuz215 is a n00b

Quote:
I gave you a link in my previous post to the sprint TF3D. You don't see it?
In that link, there are several downloads. I downloaded the engine cab as well as the Sprint cab. I ran the install on the engine first, and no change, then I installed the Sprint cab, and still no change. Am I doing something wrong or missing something? Or am I doing it right and there is another issue effecting me? I'm just did a hard reset, and attempted to install the Sprint cab from the link you gave. After a successful install, there seems to be no change, at all.
Is there a different install for WM6.5 as opposed to WM6.1? I'm fairly savvy with PC's and WM phones, but I really don't know why this is so difficult. There are ROM's out there that are WM6.5 with and w/out TouchFLO 3D, so there has to be an install file out there somewhere?

Thanks again for your help with this issue!!!!!!
Old 05-09-2009, 09:14 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
In that link, there are several downloads. I downloaded the engine cab as well as the Sprint cab. I ran the install on the engine first, and no change, then I installed the Sprint cab, and still no change. Am I doing something wrong or missing something? Or am I doing it right and there is another issue effecting me? I'm just did a hard reset, and attempted to install the Sprint cab from the link you gave. After a successful install, there seems to be no change, at all.
Is there a different install for WM6.5 as opposed to WM6.1? I'm fairly savvy with PC's and WM phones, but I really don't know why this is so difficult. There are ROM's out there that are WM6.5 with and w/out TouchFLO 3D, so there has to be an install file out there somewhere?

Thanks again for your help with this issue!!!!!!
Are you choosing touchflo3d in the Today settings? Are you disabling Windows Default first?
Old 05-12-2009, 07:11 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

cuz215 is a n00b

Quote:
Are you choosing touchflo3d in the Today settings? Are you disabling Windows Default first?

No, there is no Touchflo 3D option in Today. There is only a Manila option, and it's completely unusable due to freezing and lag. Is there a specific process to the install for those files.

I just want a cab file, that once installed, will provide a today plugin for TouchFlo 3D, and be usable. Thanks

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro