PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-09-2009, 08:19 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Arrive
Carrier: Sprint

lajuane is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Question about running multiple phones

Whats up fam! I have the TP on the sprint network and I was wondering if its possible to have more than 1 phone active under the same phone number. My job requires that we can not have camera phones but I need my phone during the work hours so I have an older sprint phone w/out a camera I can take but I didn't want to add a seperate number number to my account. Is this possible? I've searched the forum with no luck so far. Thanks.
Old 05-09-2009, 08:59 AM
DaFlowMaster
Pocket PC: TP2 IPHONE 3GS 5.1.1
Carrier: GSM...

HBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via AIM to HBOOT
Re: Question about running multiple phones

Two phones with teh same number aint happening man as far as I know. It is a biatch of a situation...and doing an esn swap in and out isnt convenient at all. Good luck
Old 05-09-2009, 10:57 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Evo Shift 4G

haus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuff

Inconvenient yes...but the ESN swap is your only option. Either that or switch to a family plan and put two lines on it, deal with call forwarding or missed calls, and two numbers...yuck. "More than 1 phone active under the same phone number" is the very definition of cloning, which of course is not legal.

ESN swaps are actually pretty fast, though; on another board someone did pretty much the same thing and I guess just learned to add a few minutes to each side of his day.

Or...you could switch to GSM and swap SIM cards, which is great except every time I take the back cover off my TP I'm afraid the dang thing is going to fly into two pieces in my hands. And that assumes you can live with AT&T or TMobile coverage and aren't 6 days into a 2 year contract with Sprint.
Old 05-09-2009, 04:21 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Arrive
Threadstarter

lajuane is a n00b

Thanks for the info. I didn't think there was an easy solution but I wanted to ask just in case. Thanks anyways for the info.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro