PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-08-2009, 07:21 PM
Timeless
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

TurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to TurboFool Send a message via MSN to TurboFool Send a message via Yahoo to TurboFool
Re: Almost smashed my phone for the first time today

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaggylive View Post
nuebattery. Highly recommeded. fast usb charge, and can disable low battery flight mode. with that it will keep bt & phone on unil the battery is fully dead, not turn it off @ 10%, because what's the point of having 10% battery if you can't talk. ;p

it seems to me that the last 10% last as long as the top 30%

also have you tried nueDynamic clock? it's still got some kinks, but you can always just use it to manually turn down the clock when you know your going to be stuck on the phone awhile. less clock speed, uses less power, and keeps the temps down so charging can continue.
If I'm not mistaken these aren't playing well with 6.5 yet. Or am I wrong on that point? As for nueDynamic Clock, I really haven't been able to get much in the way of confirmation that it makes a big difference. Even no2chem admitted that the phone seems to go into a low-power mode while sleeping anyway. What settings are you using that seem effective to you?

I really don't want to switch off of 6.5. It's made my phone much more usable...
Old 05-08-2009, 07:25 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Verizon

entwined82 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularentwined82 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularentwined82 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboFool View Post
Okay, but again, my primary complaint here is NOT the battery life. Battery life is bad, yes, but today's issue had nothing to do with that. I was on the phone most of the time, so internet usage was nil since it doesn't work while on a call. My complaint is that when this phone is plugged into the wall, it essentially does nothing to slow down the process of the battery being drained. Unlike any other phone I've ever used, leaving this phone plugged in while talking does NOT draw from the wall and simply recharge the phone more slowly. It pretty much just ignores the wall current altogether.

But I really have no other options. I can't afford to buy a different phone and don't qualify for a new discount until November, and there are no other phones that will provide me the functionality I need. So I'm stuck with a phone with a very, very serious design flaw.
Well the battery being almost triple the capacity would render issues like this impossible wouldn't it? With a 3000 mah battery you could use a BT headset on extended convos without worrying. Just trying to offer you a solution for your problem. It seems like the best approach to me besides a new phone which as you said is not an option.
Old 05-08-2009, 07:31 PM
Timeless
Threadstarter

TurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to TurboFool Send a message via MSN to TurboFool Send a message via Yahoo to TurboFool

Quote:
Originally Posted by entwined82 View Post
Well the battery being almost triple the capacity would render issues like this impossible wouldn't it? With a 3000 mah battery you could use a BT headset on extended convos without worrying. Just trying to offer you a solution for your problem. It seems like the best approach to me besides a new phone which as you said is not an option.
Well, I'm already on the 2000 mAh battery from Seidio. The case on the Mugen's absolutely hideous, and makes the phone's size pretty unreasonable. As well, it would no longer fit in my holster. I had looked at the Mugen, but the Seidio fit my needs a lot better. It's a delicate balance between a phone that fits comfortably in your hand and looks decent and is usable. The Mugen, IMHO, pushed it over the edge. People freaked out enough over the Seidio. I couldn't understand why the Mugen even got traction. Also, at $100, I think it's still reasonable to consider this a massive design flaw that it requires an additional $100 on top of doubling the thickness of the phone to make it usable.

Last edited by TurboFool; 05-08-2009 at 07:38 PM.
Old 05-08-2009, 07:38 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Existentialism is keeping up the good workExistentialism is keeping up the good work

I might just be crazy but the wall charger seems a bit wierd. I've noticed that if you let the battery drop below a certain point, around 40%, the charger won't be able to keep the phone charged. However, I've found that as long as I don't let it drop that low, it keeps the phone charged regardless of what I do. Again, maybe I'm crazy, but it's a trend I've noticed. Maybe you should try it out, make sure to start charging below you drop the 50% mark.
Old 05-08-2009, 07:39 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

Giovanny is keeping up the good workGiovanny is keeping up the good workGiovanny is keeping up the good work
Send a message via MSN to Giovanny
Smile Re: Almost smashed my phone for the first time today

Now I see why is because you have your accounts sync constantly and this is why your battery will drain quickly. Also if you use wifi or if you have your bluetooth on all the time then yes your battery life will not last you more than 6 hours. I have all of those off and for the sync I have it set to manually sync.

Giovanny
Old 05-08-2009, 07:48 PM
Just a NooB
Pocket PC: ZoOm ZoOm EVO Time

Sporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on rep

strange im Might's rom i got 14 + hours per full charge

that with blue tooth on beam 4 email accounts set to check every 2 hours but i had have a back up battery just in case
Old 05-08-2009, 07:49 PM
WP Heavy Rot Sloth
Pocket PC: Mogul, Touch Pro 1&2, Evo, PhotonQ

shaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboFool View Post
If I'm not mistaken these aren't playing well with 6.5 yet. Or am I wrong on that point? As for nueDynamic Clock, I really haven't been able to get much in the way of confirmation that it makes a big difference. Even no2chem admitted that the phone seems to go into a low-power mode while sleeping anyway. What settings are you using that seem effective to you?

I really don't want to switch off of 6.5. It's made my phone much more usable...
I don't know about 6.5, but it doesn't sound very usable as a phone for ya... ;p

I really haven't played with dynclock much, as i'm anticipating he'll have a eureka and make it better but I do think it stayed cooler while using internet sharing.

I would seriously check into nuebattery though, if you got a good backup app, I would try it, you can always revert.
Old 05-08-2009, 09:00 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint SERO

muyoso is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmuyoso is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmuyoso is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmuyoso is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

nuedynamicclock v1.0
disable evdo connection after 1 min
custom rom
nuebattery with fast charge mode

I get 36-48 hours out of my battery with light use, never under 24 even with heavy use. Install all of these things and you will see the same.

nuedynamic clock allows you to underclock the cpu during suspend mode or screen off mode, so the CPU isnt chugging along full powered when you are not using it.

nuebattery with fastcharge allows you to charge your phone at full speed whether using a USB outlet or a wall charger. It doubles the charging rate using USB basically. You should never run into issues charging your phone.

disable evdo connetion after 1 min will shut down your idle data connection when you are not using it. It saves a BUNCH of battery. You can tweak this using the program diamondtweak.

If you need more information or more advice, send me a PM.
Old 05-08-2009, 09:21 PM
Lurker

fireman50 is a n00b

I had the exact same problem this morning. While on an extended call, the phone became very hot and would not charge with the wall charger. None of these solutions address the problem and I'm skeptical that there is a fix.
Old 05-08-2009, 09:51 PM
Timeless
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giovanny View Post
Now I see why is because you have your accounts sync constantly and this is why your battery will drain quickly. Also if you use wifi or if you have your bluetooth on all the time then yes your battery life will not last you more than 6 hours. I have all of those off and for the sync I have it set to manually sync.
Unfortunately I'm the kind of guy who glances at his phone to see if he has mail (as it's designed for), not the kind of guy who turns on his phone, opens the mail application, hits send/receive, and then watches it for 45+ seconds as it checks and downloads the latest messages. Also, in my line of work the Bluetooth is a must, and constantly turning it on and off is just not that viable. Still, plenty of phones have great battery life with these habits. If companies like HTC weren't so obsessed with smaller, smaller, smaller, slimmer, slimmer, slimmer, and instead kept the phones a decent size and used the miniaturization to make room for a bigger battery, a lot of us would be a lot happier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaggylive View Post
I don't know about 6.5, but it doesn't sound very usable as a phone for ya... ;p
It's an incredibly usable phone for me, except on the occasion when it refuses to work when it has an unlimited supply of power connected to it.

Quote:
I would seriously check into nuebattery though, if you got a good backup app, I would try it, you can always revert.
I flash my phone as much as three times a week sometimes. Not an issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by muyoso View Post
nuedynamic clock allows you to underclock the cpu during suspend mode or screen off mode, so the CPU isnt chugging along full powered when you are not using it.
no2chem suggested that it seems to already do this automatically when it's in sleep mode. Was he wrong?

Quote:
nuebattery with fastcharge allows you to charge your phone at full speed whether using a USB outlet or a wall charger. It doubles the charging rate using USB basically. You should never run into issues charging your phone.
Isn't this one incompatible with 6.5?

Quote:
disable evdo connetion after 1 min will shut down your idle data connection when you are not using it. It saves a BUNCH of battery. You can tweak this using the program diamondtweak.
Won't that prevent my push mail from working?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fireman50 View Post
I had the exact same problem this morning. While on an extended call, the phone became very hot and would not charge with the wall charger. None of these solutions address the problem and I'm skeptical that there is a fix.
See, that's my problem. There's a lot of suggestions here for how to live around the phone's battery issues, but none address the problem I had. Several hours on a phone, phone gets hot, decides to ignore the fact that it's plugged into the wall with an unlimited source of power, and still cuts off my extremely important call. That's my main complaint here, and one that goes unresolved.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro