PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-08-2009, 05:22 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro & Mogul
Carrier: Sprint

tsperez is keeping up the good worktsperez is keeping up the good worktsperez is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
TeleNav vs Sprint Nav

What are the pros and cons of TeleNav 5.1 and the "normal" Sprint navigation software ver 2.x.y?

Most custom ROM that have navigation cooked in have the 2.X version installed but I switch some time back to the 5.1 version because, at that time, it was made for vga devices.

I just noticed that the Sprint program on my phone is asking me to purchase it even though I have the everything Sprint plan. Is there a fix for this? Won't let me past the purchase screen!

tsp
Old 05-08-2009, 05:43 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

heartisall knows their stuffheartisall knows their stuffheartisall knows their stuffheartisall knows their stuffheartisall knows their stuffheartisall knows their stuff
Re: TeleNav vs Sprint Nav

Use this version of sprint Nav it only asks for your email/ name it doesn't ask you to pay for it.
Old 05-08-2009, 05:54 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

razorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Yahoo to razorloves

OP...
please read this http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=65925
Old 05-08-2009, 06:06 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro & Mogul
Threadstarter

tsperez is keeping up the good worktsperez is keeping up the good worktsperez is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by razorloves View Post
Saw your post... got excited... went to your post....

Ha!

My question is related to a ROM. I just installed a new custom ROM that includes S/N but I can't run it. Not sure it is ROM specific so I didn't want to post on the ROM thread.

It's not a general software question and it's not a specific ROM question. Not sure where to ask *or* search.

tsp
Old 05-08-2009, 06:21 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

razorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Yahoo to razorloves

For future reference, ask here http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63
Old 05-08-2009, 06:40 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

Compusmurf knows their stuffCompusmurf knows their stuffCompusmurf knows their stuffCompusmurf knows their stuffCompusmurf knows their stuffCompusmurf knows their stuff
Send a message via ICQ to Compusmurf Send a message via AIM to Compusmurf Send a message via MSN to Compusmurf Send a message via Yahoo to Compusmurf

From what I gather and my experience. the 2.x is the version that came with your phone. 5.1 is a similar version put out by the parent company that made the nav software for sprint.

I use 5.1... BUT to get it to work, I have to install the 2.x version, log in with my name/email. Let it get a lock once, then install the 5.x version over the top of it.

If I don't do it this way, it talks about "free trial expired".
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-08-2009, 07:16 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: SPRINT

Nygel knows their stuffNygel knows their stuffNygel knows their stuffNygel knows their stuffNygel knows their stuffNygel knows their stuffNygel knows their stuff

the teleNAv and the Sprint Nav are the same thing but the on with the sprint logo etc is the paid for thru sprint. You can sign up for it thru teleNAV for the non sprint version which looks cleaner but they will only give you a 90 days pass and tell you contact sprint about your software cause our key codes are thru sprint
Old 05-08-2009, 08:22 PM
ACSyndicate.net
Pocket PC: Epic

flyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Skype™ to flyers2114

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nygel View Post
the teleNAv and the Sprint Nav are the same thing but the on with the sprint logo etc is the paid for thru sprint. You can sign up for it thru teleNAV for the non sprint version which looks cleaner but they will only give you a 90 days pass and tell you contact sprint about your software cause our key codes are thru sprint
The 90 days is incorrect info.....just go to this link.....it explains all....

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...62&postcount=9
Old 05-08-2009, 08:38 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint TouchPro2

amart79196 is keeping up the good workamart79196 is keeping up the good work

only thing that there is no clarification on is if you are on a plan which doesn't include NAVIGATION. So, if your not on the EVERYTHING plan, then won't you get charged a 2.99 a day access fee for Sprint navigation. I was told you can go unlimited navigation for 10-12 dollars with sprint each month.

Anyone know the truth and can clarify this?
Old 05-08-2009, 09:25 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Hero

LoWw is just getting started

I got the pin # and my # is right but im getting unable to login error msg? Is this free or pay?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro