PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-08-2009, 02:27 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: sprint

zepsamsung is becoming a PPCGeeks regularzepsamsung is becoming a PPCGeeks regularzepsamsung is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Smile Wax your fone!!

Lightly dampen a cotton ball with a safe for chrome and plastic spray nano wax or teflon wax. Turn off your phone and remove the back cover.
Using the cotton ball, apply the wax to the back cover. Let it dry, then use a lightly dampened soft cloth to polish the wax. This helps with keeping grime from soaking into the rubber coating. Also, use a piece of self stick screen protector scrap and cut it to the shape of the black on the back of the cover. Apply it to the cover before you wax it. Helps prevent scratching on the clear surface around the camera area and keeps the area new looking.
Spray the cotton ball again and wring out all the extra wax in the ball.
Using the now semi dry cotton ball, apply the wax to the screen with the protector on, and the chrome, also all of the black areas. Do not apply to anything under the battery cover. Let dry and polish with a clean cloth to shine.
I use the same idea on my laptop and my wrist watch. Works great. Make sure you use plastic and chrome safe wax!!
I am not responsible for DAMAGING your phone if you spray the wax directly on it or any other reason...
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-08-2009, 02:32 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: PPC
Carrier: The Cell phone company

Taurus is just getting started
Re: Wax your fone!!

After you did all this, did you take it out to dinner and a movie??
Old 05-08-2009, 02:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

zepsamsung is becoming a PPCGeeks regularzepsamsung is becoming a PPCGeeks regularzepsamsung is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Nope, took five minutes to do and my phone still looks like new, did the same to my mogul. Movies and dinner ended up in getting married and having kids, lol
Old 05-08-2009, 02:35 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

A lot of folks complain that their phones are getting dirty and finger prints, this is a cheap, safe solution for those problems.
Old 05-08-2009, 02:50 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Evo Shift 4G
Carrier: Sprint

haus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taurus View Post
After you did all this, did you take it out to dinner and a movie??
Actually I was thinking this sounds like what one might do after the "dinner & a movie" part...

OP, how about some pics? I was thinking about using plastic polish on my rear cover lens area (mine is an Ebay TP that was reasonably well taken care of, but definitely a used phone that has seen its share of surfaces).
Old 05-08-2009, 04:31 PM
Big MVP Diesel
Pocket PC: TOUCH PRO 2

BigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to BigDiesel07 Send a message via Skype™ to BigDiesel07

I would like to see pictures also...
Old 05-08-2009, 04:35 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Careful that you don't make it so slippery that you can't hang on to it............

~John
Old 05-08-2009, 06:36 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

Compusmurf knows their stuffCompusmurf knows their stuffCompusmurf knows their stuffCompusmurf knows their stuffCompusmurf knows their stuffCompusmurf knows their stuff
Send a message via ICQ to Compusmurf Send a message via AIM to Compusmurf Send a message via MSN to Compusmurf Send a message via Yahoo to Compusmurf

Why not just use Plexus plastic cleaner and polish??? That's what it's designed for.
Old 05-08-2009, 06:41 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Thumbs up Re: Wax your fone!!

Because that plastic polish is for lenses and is a scratch remover also.
It will not protect the chrome or rubber from grime and dirt as well as a good spray teflon or nano wax will. You could use plexus if you want, it cost way more and will not work as well. I will post pics as soon as I can.
My Dad uses plexus to clean His welding mask for work and His motorcycle shield, works great, cost more and will not work as well on your CHROME, PLASTIC, AND RUBBER PHONE.
Old 05-08-2009, 06:43 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Btw, Look Up Plexur, It Is Not Teflon Or Nano Wax, It Is Just A Plastic Cleaner.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro