PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Wax your fone!! (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=67912)

zepsamsung 05-08-2009 02:27 PM

Wax your fone!!

Lightly dampen a cotton ball with a safe for chrome and plastic spray nano wax or teflon wax. Turn off your phone and remove the back cover.
Using the cotton ball, apply the wax to the back cover. Let it dry, then use a lightly dampened soft cloth to polish the wax. This helps with keeping grime from soaking into the rubber coating. Also, use a piece of self stick screen protector scrap and cut it to the shape of the black on the back of the cover. Apply it to the cover before you wax it. Helps prevent scratching on the clear surface around the camera area and keeps the area new looking.
Spray the cotton ball again and wring out all the extra wax in the ball.
Using the now semi dry cotton ball, apply the wax to the screen with the protector on, and the chrome, also all of the black areas. Do not apply to anything under the battery cover. Let dry and polish with a clean cloth to shine.
I use the same idea on my laptop and my wrist watch. Works great. Make sure you use plastic and chrome safe wax!!
I am not responsible for DAMAGING your phone if you spray the wax directly on it or any other reason...

Taurus 05-08-2009 02:32 PM

Re: Wax your fone!!

After you did all this, did you take it out to dinner and a movie??

zepsamsung 05-08-2009 02:34 PM

Nope, took five minutes to do and my phone still looks like new, did the same to my mogul. Movies and dinner ended up in getting married and having kids, lol

zepsamsung 05-08-2009 02:35 PM

A lot of folks complain that their phones are getting dirty and finger prints, this is a cheap, safe solution for those problems.

haus 05-08-2009 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taurus (Post 903677)
After you did all this, did you take it out to dinner and a movie??

Actually I was thinking this sounds like what one might do after the "dinner & a movie" part... :D

OP, how about some pics? I was thinking about using plastic polish on my rear cover lens area (mine is an Ebay TP that was reasonably well taken care of, but definitely a used phone that has seen its share of surfaces).

BigDiesel07 05-08-2009 04:31 PM

I would like to see pictures also...

jmorton10 05-08-2009 04:35 PM

Careful that you don't make it so slippery that you can't hang on to it............

~John

Compusmurf 05-08-2009 06:36 PM

Why not just use Plexus plastic cleaner and polish??? That's what it's designed for. ;)

zepsamsung 05-08-2009 06:41 PM

Because that plastic polish is for lenses and is a scratch remover also.
It will not protect the chrome or rubber from grime and dirt as well as a good spray teflon or nano wax will. You could use plexus if you want, it cost way more and will not work as well. I will post pics as soon as I can.
My Dad uses plexus to clean His welding mask for work and His motorcycle shield, works great, cost more and will not work as well on your CHROME, PLASTIC, AND RUBBER PHONE.

zepsamsung 05-08-2009 06:43 PM

Btw, Look Up Plexur, It Is Not Teflon Or Nano Wax, It Is Just A Plastic Cleaner.