PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Power On Screen Errors? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=67911)

boba1213 05-08-2009 02:25 PM

Power On Screen Errors?

I have no idea how to even describe this, but starting about three days ago, when I hit the power button to display the screen, the phone will occasionally just start up the backlight and show a black screen. Turning the screen on and off 4-6 times will eventually bring up the Today Screen, but it takes a while.

Other times when hitting the power button, the screen will display a blue, green, or yellow with different lines along it that slowly brightens to one solid color. Turning the screen on and off multiple times will eventually get me to the Today Screen.

I had been running Mighty Rom 5 for about a week before this started to happen, and just flashed it to the new version, thinking that perhaps the old version got corrupted somehow. I do not believe this is the case, but I'm going to try flashing back to stock soon to see if that will fix the problem. I've done a few searches, and as I've said, I can't even begin to think of what keywords to use to search for this error. Does anyone have any thoughts?

havox22 05-08-2009 02:36 PM

Re: Power On Screen Errors?

Quote:

Originally Posted by boba1213 (Post 903659)
I have no idea how to even describe this, but starting about three days ago, when I hit the power button to display the screen, the phone will occasionally just start up the backlight and show a black screen. Turning the screen on and off 4-6 times will eventually bring up the Today Screen, but it takes a while.

Other times when hitting the power button, the screen will display a blue, green, or yellow with different lines along it that slowly brightens to one solid color. Turning the screen on and off multiple times will eventually get me to the Today Screen.

I had been running Mighty Rom 5 for about a week before this started to happen, and just flashed it to the new version, thinking that perhaps the old version got corrupted somehow. I do not believe this is the case, but I'm going to try flashing back to stock soon to see if that will fix the problem. I've done a few searches, and as I've said, I can't even begin to think of what keywords to use to search for this error. Does anyone have any thoughts?

ive had the first happen to me a few times...a soft reset fixed it for me,but i dont know why it happens or how to fix...what rom did u switch to maybe its a 6.5 issue

boba1213 05-08-2009 02:52 PM

I did a soft reset, it fixed it for a bit, but then it came back. I'm running Mighty Rom 5 still, but if it keeps doing this I'm going to go back to stock to check if its the phone or the rom.

havox22 05-08-2009 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boba1213 (Post 903726)
I did a soft reset, it fixed it for a bit, but then it came back. I'm running Mighty Rom 5 still, but if it keeps doing this I'm going to go back to stock to check if its the phone or the rom.

o yeah well hopefully somebody comes by with more knowledge on this...good luck...remember when all else fails take it take to sprint

Quirk 05-08-2009 03:58 PM

I've been having pretty much the same issue.

when my phone goes into suspend, the screen turns black, but the backlight stays on. When turn it back on the screen is distorted for a moment before going back to normal. when this situation happens, the keyboard also doesn't work.

I've used StarROM, Mighty R3BORN, and now am on the stock rom... same issue with all of them.

My replacement should be here either monday or tuesday... BNIB for free.

relux 05-13-2009 08:20 PM

Im also having the issue. To add to this, the overall speed of the phone lags big time. Even after a soft/hard reset.

abrasive 05-13-2009 10:26 PM

I also encountered this same error with my November tp. The screen would flash static and go to black with the backlight still on, and when it did work, the phone would become unusable due to lag after 5 or so minutes.

I wasn't able to figure it out; flashing back to stock and undoing all of my ROM alterations. I was convinced it was a hardware issue for me. Just returned it to Sprint under warranty.

HBOOT 05-13-2009 10:33 PM

Common denominator here is custom Rom, that has something to do with your issue as none of this happened on stock since nov..good luck. I wil just get back to stock and see how it goes before I determine it is hardware or else.:mrgreen: