PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Battery dying because of lack of signal? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=67884)

dougw03 05-08-2009 10:00 AM

Battery dying because of lack of signal?

Hello,

So when I am at work I have 0 or 1 bars on Sprint. I have my phone set to check my email every 30 minutes, but I want to say because I don't have service the phone is constantly losing connection and reconnecting. Is this causing my battery to drain? Is there a program that can set roaming profile based on the time of day? I have free roaming but I don't want to use it when I don't have to. Thanks

nxtech3 05-08-2009 10:06 AM

Re: Battery dying because of lack of signal?

yes that will affect your battery life, and the phone is supposed to automatically search for the nearest signal be it a roaming tower or your carrier tower. Call Customer Service and have them do a PRL update.

Darkjedi 05-08-2009 10:17 AM

At work my phone dies in maybe 4-5 hours if I don't leave it plugged in as it has only 1 or 2 bars most. At home on the weekends it can last for pretty much the entire day as I have full bars. I also leave mine on Home only as if I roam on VZW towers I can only get a 1x connection, and it takes a minute or two to find a Sprint tower again even when I walk outside again.

HBOOT 05-08-2009 10:32 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Dude, look for "sprint force roaming" cab. That will give you the option to put your TP on Roam only. That will save you tons of wasted juice (may or may not get EV) depending on your area.:mrgreen:
I may find it for ya

Darkjedi 05-08-2009 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hbenz2008 (Post 903141)
Dude, look for "sprint force roaming" cab. That will give you the option to put your TP on Roam only. That will save you tons of wasted juice (may or may not get EV) depending on your area.:mrgreen:
I may find it for ya

Many custom ROMs also reinstated that option in the settings. I could use it, but I choose not to since normally my coverage is great everywhere except for work, where I don't really use my personal phone anyway. If roaming was capable of doing EVDO, I probably would use roam only, hahah.

dougw03 05-08-2009 11:07 AM

I found the setting in my Mighty ROM, thanks. I noticed that when I had my stock rom, there was a setting button for Update PRL, but it's not in MR (I assume because its not carrier specific). Is there anyway to get that button back in MR? Also does anyone know if there is a way to automatically roam during certain times of the day?

Darkjedi 05-08-2009 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dougw03 (Post 903195)
I found the setting in my Mighty ROM, thanks. I noticed that when I had my stock rom, there was a setting button for Update PRL, but it's not in MR (I assume because its not carrier specific). Is there anyway to get that button back in MR? Also does anyone know if there is a way to automatically roam during certain times of the day?

I've noticed I've lost my Update PRL icon as well, how does one go about updating PRL on MR?

neodorian 05-08-2009 12:56 PM

That would always happen to me when driving through more remote areas or when I was in heavily shielded rooms at work. I usually just put it in airplane mode until I am someplace with a decent signal.

nxtech3 05-08-2009 12:59 PM

you can call *2 (Sprint) tell the CSR to flag the PTN for a PRL update, wait for a minute or two then call *2 back and it will update the PRL, as for getting the icon back, i would post that in the ROMs thread

bayushikitsune 05-08-2009 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darkjedi007 (Post 903205)
I've noticed I've lost my Update PRL icon as well, how does one go about updating PRL on MR?

Call Sprint and they will manually do it by sending it to your phone once you end the call. Try that and you should be ok.