PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-08-2009, 01:57 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

BikerSk8rKid is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to BikerSk8rKid Send a message via Yahoo to BikerSk8rKid
Mutliple Questions *Help*

I have some questions about my Sprint HTC Touch Pro, I'm a newbie and just trying to figure out some things about it. I have a Stock Rom, just got done doing a Hard Reset. Going install nueKBlight, SMSNoSentMsg, thinking about installing Speed Hacks and Tweaks to make it run faster, going to find the Tweaksonly Clean up and maybe a few others. I'm not ready for the Custom Rom yet.

1. In Text Messaging what does the 0K and 1K mean?

2. Is there a cab to make my Signal Stronger?

3. Is there a way to disable the "Recently Opened Programs" under start menu? If not be able to delete it and start fresh (without hard resetting).

4. I noticed when I'm on the phone, the little note thing opens a lot. How do I disable or delete that?

5. I'm looking for a cab to show the percentage on the Home Screen.

6. I had a cab to disable the Touch Keyboard, but I can't get it to stick or work.

7. Is there a way to bypass that so calls, text messages, picture mail and whatever else can go through even if it's hooked up. I didn't know it blocked stuff from coming in until I had it disconnected. :/

8. What's the point of the big power supply and the LED saying HTC when plugged in?

9. Is there something to disbale the Picture Mail notification, you have to click the icon and hit dismiss to get rid of it everyime, very annoying.

I can't think straight right now and this thread will probably fail, sorry.

Edit: Anything else I should do? All I really do is Text Message, semi internet, google maps, clock, picture mail, rarely on the phone and maybe a few other things.

Last edited by BikerSk8rKid; 05-08-2009 at 02:13 AM.
Old 05-08-2009, 02:30 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: us cellular

jnuts5423 knows their stuffjnuts5423 knows their stuffjnuts5423 knows their stuffjnuts5423 knows their stuffjnuts5423 knows their stuffjnuts5423 knows their stuffjnuts5423 knows their stuff
Re: Mutliple Questions *Help*

1k is the size of the file, try a different radio for your signal(PHONE MUST BE UNLOCKED), i might suggest the telus 1.04.05.v, task manager will give you all the optoions to close your running programs, dont hit the notes option, install the quick sleep cab so your cheek doesnt hit the screen. Why would you want to disabke the keyboard, Shutting all connections off, is called airplane mode. find in comm. manager, change your notifications for pics. Theres tons more you can do. Teathering, tv, VOIP, games, navigation, streaming videos and chat rooms, customizing is the funnest for me. they make a theme change called TF3D configuration tool. Use it.

Most of all, I might suggest reading the newb section, your manal, or www.windowsmobiletraining.com. this post probably wont go far. play with your phone and READ AND USE THE SEARCH BUTTON, and learn the thanks button when your asking questions and there answered. this will get you further than not using it. ! all of these questions could have been answered with the search button. Which is what you have to use anyways, since i didnt provide all 7 threads for your request.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BikerSk8rKid View Post
I have some questions about my Sprint HTC Touch Pro, I'm a newbie and just trying to figure out some things about it. I have a Stock Rom, just got done doing a Hard Reset. Going install nueKBlight, SMSNoSentMsg, thinking about installing Speed Hacks and Tweaks to make it run faster, going to find the Tweaksonly Clean up and maybe a few others. I'm not ready for the Custom Rom yet.

1. In Text Messaging what does the 0K and 1K mean?

2. Is there a cab to make my Signal Stronger?

3. Is there a way to disable the "Recently Opened Programs" under start menu? If not be able to delete it and start fresh (without hard resetting).

4. I noticed when I'm on the phone, the little note thing opens a lot. How do I disable or delete that?

5. I'm looking for a cab to show the percentage on the Home Screen.

6. I had a cab to disable the Touch Keyboard, but I can't get it to stick or work.

7. Is there a way to bypass that so calls, text messages, picture mail and whatever else can go through even if it's hooked up. I didn't know it blocked stuff from coming in until I had it disconnected. :/

8. What's the point of the big power supply and the LED saying HTC when plugged in?

9. Is there something to disbale the Picture Mail notification, you have to click the icon and hit dismiss to get rid of it everyime, very annoying.

I can't think straight right now and this thread will probably fail, sorry.

Edit: Anything else I should do? All I really do is Text Message, semi internet, google maps, clock, picture mail, rarely on the phone and maybe a few other things.

Last edited by jnuts5423; 05-08-2009 at 02:36 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-08-2009, 02:38 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

Giovanny is keeping up the good workGiovanny is keeping up the good workGiovanny is keeping up the good work
Send a message via MSN to Giovanny
Smile Re: Mutliple Questions *Help*

Here you can find many of those answers that you're asking you have to be patient and read. One I first started I spend a lot of time reading and actually playing around with the phone until I got the settings I like.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=42730

Here is another link for the radios
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...ultiple+radios

Link for the PRL
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...&highlight=prl

I would suggest to update the radio and PRL as far as your performance of incoming calls and best signal.

If you find this helpful don't forget to hit the thanks button.

Giovanny

Last edited by Giovanny; 05-08-2009 at 02:44 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-08-2009, 02:48 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

This speed hacks and tweaks I downloaded has a keyboard light timelimit in it, pretty cool. Now my question also is I do want to disable the Touch Screen Keyboard, because I don't use it and it's very annoying poping up. I saw something in there saying under Input "Auto Deploy SIP:" if I disable that, will it get rid of the Touch Keyboard?

I was talking about under Star Menu, when you open a program it automaticly shows up at the start menu list, recent opened programs. I want to either be able to clean that out without hard reset or delete/disable.

I thanked both of you, thanks again.

Anything on being able to recieve text messages, phone calls, picture mail and what not when it's connected to my computer?

Edit: I just saw your edit. What is the PRL for?

Last edited by BikerSk8rKid; 05-08-2009 at 02:50 AM.
Old 05-08-2009, 02:56 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

Giovanny is keeping up the good workGiovanny is keeping up the good workGiovanny is keeping up the good work
Send a message via MSN to Giovanny
Smile Re: Mutliple Questions *Help*

I'm running on Mighty ROM REBORN and I don't have those options you do. However you can select the transcriber which is less anoying than having a full keyboard.
Old 05-08-2009, 03:06 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Sorry, I'm half a sleep. I just remembered, is there a faster Opera Broswer? I don't know what one I have, stock rom, just did a hard reset. Reason why I'm up so late.
Old 05-08-2009, 10:54 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: us cellular

jnuts5423 knows their stuffjnuts5423 knows their stuffjnuts5423 knows their stuffjnuts5423 knows their stuffjnuts5423 knows their stuffjnuts5423 knows their stuffjnuts5423 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by BikerSk8rKid View Post
This speed hacks and tweaks I downloaded has a keyboard light timelimit in it, pretty cool. Now my question also is I do want to disable the Touch Screen Keyboard, because I don't use it and it's very annoying poping up. I saw something in there saying under Input "Auto Deploy SIP:" if I disable that, will it get rid of the Touch Keyboard?

I was talking about under Star Menu, when you open a program it automaticly shows up at the start menu list, recent opened programs. I want to either be able to clean that out without hard reset or delete/disable.

I thanked both of you, thanks again.

Anything on being able to recieve text messages, phone calls, picture mail and what not when it's connected to my computer?

Edit: I just saw your edit. What is the PRL for?
Use cleanram for the start menu thing without soft reseting. Search for "clean ram". I cant help you on the keyobard thing, not sure. heres the awake on call. It does what your wanting. read the pm i sent you. to allow your net and text, etc to work when synced, go into settings on your computer screen. "mobile device settings"> Connections settings. Allow data when synced.
*EDIT. Heres the clean ram cab as well. And here is a app that will triple your data speed. Theres all kinds of operas out there. I may be wrong but the speed is the same on all opera's. But heres tcptune. install. You can go to dslreports.com/mspeed to check your spped. Choose larger file, and then choose 1mb file. It works great. please use the thanks if this is helpful.

Last edited by jnuts5423; 05-08-2009 at 11:00 AM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro