PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Questions on tethering (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=67784)

woods4ever 05-07-2009 12:29 PM

Questions on tethering

Afternoon everyone,

I've notice a lot of threads on this topic already yet I have still not found a solution.

I have a Mac laptop computer and a HTC touch phone. The Mac is MAC OS X and it has version 10.5.6. Anyways I went ahead and got the plan for it.

Now I was up all last night trying to figure this thing out. I think I finally got the bluetooth internet sharing going on but there is still a problem. It doesn't keep a connection long. I have to steadily connect the phone and laptop over and over again. Any help or idea with this issue.

Secondly, I tried forever to get the USB internet sharing going on and that was to no avail. It seemed like the only thing that did was charge my phone. Every time I tried to connect with the USB cord on the phone, it kept saying check usb connection and that was it.

So if there is any questions, comments, or solutions out there for me, they would be greatly appreciated.

Thank everyone,

wavezero 05-07-2009 02:28 PM

Re: Questions on tethering

Quote:

Originally Posted by woods4ever (Post 901101)
Afternoon everyone,

I've notice a lot of threads on this topic already yet I have still not found a solution.

I have a Mac laptop computer and a HTC touch phone. The Mac is MAC OS X and it has version 10.5.6. Anyways I went ahead and got the plan for it.

Now I was up all last night trying to figure this thing out. I think I finally got the bluetooth internet sharing going on but there is still a problem. It doesn't keep a connection long. I have to steadily connect the phone and laptop over and over again. Any help or idea with this issue.

Secondly, I tried forever to get the USB internet sharing going on and that was to no avail. It seemed like the only thing that did was charge my phone. Every time I tried to connect with the USB cord on the phone, it kept saying check usb connection and that was it.

So if there is any questions, comments, or solutions out there for me, they would be greatly appreciated.

Thank everyone,

I have a mac and with my Mogul, the BT teather worked perfectally, but I have spent (literally) hours trying to get this to work with my TP. No solution (or reason) anywhere. My best guess is that there is a data limit that kills the connection. I can keep my BT connected indefinately if I pull up a small site (like craigslist) and leave it there. But as soon as I do more browsing it disconnects.

What I can do is get consistant and solid tethering with wifi, I don't know if it's as fast as BT, but it get's the job done.

Follow the directions in post #7 here: programs, tweaks

Good Luck!

dadoc04 05-07-2009 02:57 PM

If you want to USB tether to the Mac... you must use mobile-stream's USB Modem 1.30 or newer

i think its 20.00 for the app. It works perfectly.

dadoc04 05-08-2009 06:34 AM

did you try it out??

five22bags 05-08-2009 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dadoc04 (Post 901457)
If you want to USB tether to the Mac... you must use mobile-stream's USB Modem 1.30 or newer

i think its 20.00 for the app. It works perfectly.

I have tested and use USB Modem 1.30 on my Macbook. The EVDO connection is faster than the verizon USB anywhere modem. Worth the $20 investment.

dadoc04 05-08-2009 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by five22bags (Post 903155)
I have tested and use USB Modem 1.30 on my Macbook. The EVDO connection is faster than the verizon USB anywhere modem. Worth the $20 investment.

COSIGN!

neodorian 05-08-2009 12:55 PM

WMWifiRouter works also.

wavezero 05-08-2009 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by neodorian (Post 903413)
WMWifiRouter works also.

That's what my post is about, has the free cab and directions to set up the ad-hoc!

p-slim 05-08-2009 01:41 PM

1 Attachment(s)
free tethering here

wavezero 05-08-2009 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by p-slim (Post 903543)
free tethering here

That's not what he's talking about, Mac's won't hold the connection over bluetooth with the TP. It will drop after a few seconds of browsing.