PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-06-2009, 06:27 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

Nagual is keeping up the good workNagual is keeping up the good workNagual is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Angry Where's the latest official TP ROM update?

The latest offical Diamond ROM was posted over a month ago but so far there's nothing for the Pro.

As someone who doesn't want to mess with cooked ROMs (no offense to those who are more adventurous) this is getting kind of annoying. There are several issues a new ROM might fix and the phone has been out for more than 6 months.

Is there any word about when an updated one might be released? There's a hard reset in my future so it may as well be one where I get some bug fixes and minor improvements.
Old 05-06-2009, 06:34 PM
Jailbroken and rooted
Pocket PC: ET4G/Thrive/iPad (original)
Carrier: Sprint and AT&T

amw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIP
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Re: Where's the latest official TP ROM update?

I say...rid yourself of frustration...and take a plunge. Flash a custom ROM...to get the MOST out of your device.

There are plenty "basic" 6.1 ROM's out there that are stable. Some even retain the look and feel of the stock Sprint ROM.

Can't beat the better battery life...major improvement on the heat issue...and general responsiveness of the phone.

You can also improve on battery life, heat, and signal strength...

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-06-2009, 08:04 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

BikerSk8rKid is just getting started
Send a message via MSN to BikerSk8rKid Send a message via Yahoo to BikerSk8rKid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagual View Post
The latest offical Diamond ROM was posted over a month ago but so far there's nothing for the Pro.

As someone who doesn't want to mess with cooked ROMs (no offense to those who are more adventurous) this is getting kind of annoying. There are several issues a new ROM might fix and the phone has been out for more than 6 months.

Is there any word about when an updated one might be released? There's a hard reset in my future so it may as well be one where I get some bug fixes and minor improvements.
It's okay I am the same way, don't feel like doing the Custom Rom's yet.
I just got the new Sprint Rom from Jmz or something. He said it fixed a lot of problems, because I am going through some huge ones. :/ I just haven't done it yet, kind of procastanating on it. But yeah I talked to a tech awhile ago when I first got my phone and he told me to go to some websites, but I forget what they were.
All you do is download the file, run it and it flashes. Direct link is below. Hopefully that helps and fixes the problem. Let me know how it works out, because by then I'll probably still haven't flashed it over. LoL
http://rapidshare.com/files/17615341...3_Ship.exe.zip

Edit: What will having the phone get hot do? I've only noticed it once while it was charging.
I do want to find something to get my Signal Stronger. Any help would be nice.

Last edited by BikerSk8rKid; 05-06-2009 at 08:06 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-06-2009, 09:29 PM
VIP n00b
Pocket PC: iPhone
Carrier: AT&T

Rusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIP
Send a message via Yahoo to Rusty Duck

Go custom!!!! There are so many choices!!!!

Old 05-06-2009, 09:42 PM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim

if you don't go custom then you're unfortunately on you're own. No one knows when sprint will release one, one day it will just be there, just like the diamond. They are probably waiting for 6.5 because most tp owners are running the 6.5 custom roms. I myself built my 6.5 rom using ppc kitchen.
Old 05-06-2009, 10:33 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: TP
Carrier: Duh, think about it...

Talon Pro is becoming a PPCGeeks regularTalon Pro is becoming a PPCGeeks regularTalon Pro is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by p-slim View Post
if you don't go custom then you're unfortunately on you're own. No one knows when sprint will release one, one day it will just be there, just like the diamond. They are probably waiting for 6.5 because most tp owners are running the 6.5 custom roms. I myself built my 6.5 rom using ppc kitchen.
Yea, you can wait till the cows come home for 'Sprint' to release an 'HTC ROM'... duh!
Old 05-07-2009, 01:03 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Nagual is keeping up the good workNagual is keeping up the good workNagual is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by p-slim View Post
I seriously doubt the reason the ROM is delayed is because of WM 6.5. Sprint and HTC have no interest in supporting and designing for a whole new version of WM and Microsoft has already said 6.5 will only be on next-gen devices with no upgrades officially supported from current 6.1 devices.

Also, the Diamond and Pro ROMs are so similar in so many ways that I figure the ROM should be down the pipeline in hopefully the near future...I just wondered if anyone had any word on it. I do browse the custom ROM pages a bit but don't really see a need for it and don't want to relearn a whole lot of functions and bugs again.
Old 05-07-2009, 01:10 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BikerSk8rKid View Post
It's okay I am the same way, don't feel like doing the Custom Rom's yet.
I just got the new Sprint Rom from Jmz or something. He said it fixed a lot of problems, because I am going through some huge ones. :/ I just haven't done it yet, kind of procastanating on it. But yeah I talked to a tech awhile ago when I first got my phone and he told me to go to some websites, but I forget what they were.
All you do is download the file, run it and it flashes. Direct link is below. Hopefully that helps and fixes the problem. Let me know how it works out, because by then I'll probably still haven't flashed it over. LoL
http://rapidshare.com/files/17615341...3_Ship.exe.zip

Edit: What will having the phone get hot do? I've only noticed it once while it was charging.
I do want to find something to get my Signal Stronger. Any help would be nice.
Thanks but going by the filename, it looks to me like that's largely the same shipped ROM that's already on the phone (or in my case might actually be older).

If you have a link to JMZ's post explaining what this file is, that would be even more helpful.

But I'd have to assume anything leaked at this point is not a final official ROM, although the next radio version out there is the same one as on the Diamond official update, if a person wants to only flash that part (me, I'm waiting for the whole package).
Old 05-07-2009, 02:04 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro 2

frazell is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfrazell is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfrazell is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfrazell is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfrazell is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagual View Post
I seriously doubt the reason the ROM is delayed is because of WM 6.5. Sprint and HTC have no interest in supporting and designing for a whole new version of WM and Microsoft has already said 6.5 will only be on next-gen devices with no upgrades officially supported from current 6.1 devices.
Microsoft has already recanted that restriction. WinMo 6.5 is open to any device that OEMs and MOs want to upgrade as long as it has at least a 400Mhz chip and 128MB of RAM (for new PocketIE).

http://www.engadget.com/2009/03/31/m...weaked-polici/
Free Disposable Email: MyTrashMail
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 05-07-2009, 02:37 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro/Touch Diamond/BlackBerry Tour 9630

basilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuff
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by frazell View Post
Microsoft has already recanted that restriction. WinMo 6.5 is open to any device that OEMs and MOs want to upgrade as long as it has at least a 400Mhz chip and 128MB of RAM (for new PocketIE).

http://www.engadget.com/2009/03/31/m...weaked-polici/
Wow.

I read that article myself, and totally missed the upgrade note at the end of the article. Score!

I love Engadget.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro