PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-05-2009, 11:38 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Alltel/VerizOn

KillAByteZ is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKillAByteZ is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKillAByteZ is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKillAByteZ is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
4.8 mbps!!!! Not on TOUCH PRO though.

Im on ALLTEL and as you all know I have a TP. Today I decided to get my girlfriend's SAMSUNG DELVE and browsed to MOBILESPEEDTEST.COM and ran the test. Guess what speed it peaked at....4.11 mbps!!!!!!!!!!!!! My TP usually peaks at 100 kbps!! I checked the version of PRL on the DELVE and its the same as my TP. WHat is going on here??

Last edited by KillAByteZ; 05-05-2009 at 11:57 PM.
Old 05-06-2009, 12:01 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Hero
Carrier: Alltel

Rourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: 4.8 mbps!!!! Not on TOUCH PRO though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillAByteZ View Post
Im on ALLTEL and as you all know I have a TP. Today I decided to get my girlfriend's SAMSUNG DELVE and browsed to MOBILESPEEDTEST.COM and ran the test. Guess what speed it peaked at....4.8 mbps!!!!!!!!!!!!! My TP usually peaks at 100 kbps!! I checked the version of PRL on the DELVE and its the same as my TP. WHat is going on here??
I've gotten 9.6mbps on my TP from the same site, then 4.5, then 1.4, then 9.1... Obviously I don't really trust it, it seems a little screwy to say the least.

Tethering to my laptop and testing repeatedly over the day yields roughly 1.4 megabits every time, so I'd say it's a more accurate way to test.
Old 05-06-2009, 12:06 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evo 3D
Carrier: Sprint

gutrrob knows their stuffgutrrob knows their stuffgutrrob knows their stuffgutrrob knows their stuffgutrrob knows their stuffgutrrob knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rourke Swift View Post
I've gotten 9.6mbps on my TP from the same site, then 4.5, then 1.4, then 9.1... Obviously I don't really trust it, it seems a little screwy to say the least.

Tethering to my laptop and testing repeatedly over the day yields roughly 1.4 megabits every time, so I'd say it's a more accurate way to test.
+1 tethering is the most accurate way
Old 05-06-2009, 12:09 AM
truth mirror
Pocket PC: N Deuce

w7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuff

What browser are you using? dslreports.com/mspeed is accurate.
Old 05-06-2009, 12:16 AM
VIP n00b
Pocket PC: iPhone
Carrier: AT&T

Rusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIP
Send a message via Yahoo to Rusty Duck

Bravo for you....

Old 05-06-2009, 12:26 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

KillAByteZ is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKillAByteZ is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKillAByteZ is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKillAByteZ is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

On the TP i usually use OPERA and in the delve well its the ALLTEL browser. I dont know if Im missing any tweaks or what. The result were being very consistent according to the signal the phone was showing.
Old 05-06-2009, 12:30 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

gsvnet is becoming a great contributor

Are you sure when using the Alltel browser it isn't proxied/cached through one of Alltel's servers before hitting the phone? that would explain the whole thing...

As far as I know, it isn't possible to get that speed on CDMA EVDO Rev A.
Old 05-06-2009, 12:39 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsvnet View Post
Are you sure when using the Alltel browser it isn't proxied/cached through one of Alltel's servers before hitting the phone? that would explain the whole thing...

Thats what I was thinking as I think the fastest it can peak would be 3 mbps down. I would have to check that out. Because when you browse on the delve, the pages load extremely fast.
Old 05-06-2009, 12:43 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Hero
Carrier: Alltel

Rourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsvnet View Post
It's not, Rev A cannot exceed 3.1 megabits burst, so results showing anything higher than that (regardless of circumstance) are naturally false. It'd be like a 56k modem showing 1.5Mb on a speedtest: might happen, but obviously not accurate.
Old 05-06-2009, 12:53 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Mogul > TP1 > TP2 > Arrive > SGS3 > SGS4 > LG G4

esqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuff
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)

LOL, there were what I got back to back. I know for damn sure that it isn't going that fast.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro