PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-06-2009, 04:24 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

Major_Nate knows their stuffMajor_Nate knows their stuffMajor_Nate knows their stuffMajor_Nate knows their stuffMajor_Nate knows their stuffMajor_Nate knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Smile Ring Once, then Missed Call

Greetings, I just wanted to share something that I found happens on the last 4 touch pros that i've had.

Once in a while, I would be receiving a call, and it would only ring once, but then it will display "1 Missed Call", and whoever was calling would say it rang forever. Voicemails would also take a while to show up. Every time this happens, I have checked the call history, and it was insanely long. I deleted my call history, and behold, phone calls came through fine as well as did voicemails! Hope this helps...

Service & Repair Questions? Check out this thread:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=74927

Sprint/Nextel Service & Repair Technician

http://img162.imageshack.us/img162/6932/ubda1308kz0.gif
Don't forget to click on the "THANKS" button if I've helped you.
Old 05-06-2009, 04:48 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

Compusmurf knows their stuffCompusmurf knows their stuffCompusmurf knows their stuffCompusmurf knows their stuffCompusmurf knows their stuffCompusmurf knows their stuff
Send a message via ICQ to Compusmurf Send a message via AIM to Compusmurf Send a message via MSN to Compusmurf Send a message via Yahoo to Compusmurf
Re: Ring Once, then Missed Call

do you tweak the data timeouts with AC or Diamondtweak?
Old 05-06-2009, 04:57 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Epic 4G
Threadstarter

Major_Nate knows their stuffMajor_Nate knows their stuffMajor_Nate knows their stuffMajor_Nate knows their stuffMajor_Nate knows their stuffMajor_Nate knows their stuff

Nope, never tried that...actually, never heard about tweaking the data timeouts. is that where you just change the amount of time it takes for the data services to disconnect by itself?
Old 05-06-2009, 05:56 PM
.:DoWorkSon:.
Pocket PC: .:OD:.Incredible:.DroidX:.iPhone4:.ThunderBolt:.
Carrier: Verizon

GrandMasterB is a VIPGrandMasterB is a VIPGrandMasterB is a VIPGrandMasterB is a VIPGrandMasterB is a VIPGrandMasterB is a VIPGrandMasterB is a VIPGrandMasterB is a VIPGrandMasterB is a VIPGrandMasterB is a VIPGrandMasterB is a VIP
Send a message via MSN to GrandMasterB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Major_Nate View Post
Greetings, I just wanted to share something that I found happens on the last 4 touch pros that i've had.

Once in a while, I would be receiving a call, and it would only ring once, but then it will display "1 Missed Call", and whoever was calling would say it rang forever. Voicemails would also take a while to show up. Every time this happens, I have checked the call history, and it was insanely long. I deleted my call history, and behold, phone calls came through fine as well as did voicemails! Hope this helps...
Hmmm I've never kept a rom long enough to have a 'call history' lol , but thats good info to know .Thanks
Old 05-06-2009, 06:00 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

Compusmurf knows their stuffCompusmurf knows their stuffCompusmurf knows their stuffCompusmurf knows their stuffCompusmurf knows their stuffCompusmurf knows their stuff
Send a message via ICQ to Compusmurf Send a message via AIM to Compusmurf Send a message via MSN to Compusmurf Send a message via Yahoo to Compusmurf

I was going to say, if you said yes, that's your issue, but you said no.

Weird thing is, I haven't ever had your issue that you are describing.

I do know that the HTC dialer components cause ring delay. I've disabled them and use the Win Mo default. Also, it's been tested and "proven" that if your ringtone is .wav file on the main memory, it'll also ring faster.

There's also a time delay for the actual ringer, but it's in milliseconds I believe so that's not an issue. Just trying to help narrow it down to something in common.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro