PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-07-2009, 09:44 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: iPhone
Carrier: At&t

dbord_n is keeping up the good workdbord_n is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Cool wm 6.5

i read the officaly launch of 6.5 is may 11, is this still true?? and if so how long before we are seeing the roms??

Old 05-07-2009, 09:46 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

jason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: wm 6.5

have you checked here for 6.5 ROM's?

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-07-2009, 09:53 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

lol thanks man i know there are 6.5 roms on here i got one on my phone right now i was just wondering when we will see the offical release ones not the beta ones or when the offical carrier roms will be out.
Old 05-07-2009, 10:38 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro/Touch Diamond/BlackBerry Tour 9630

basilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuff
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbord_n View Post
lol thanks man i know there are 6.5 roms on here i got one on my phone right now i was just wondering when we will see the offical release ones not the beta ones or when the offical carrier roms will be out.
It really remains to be seen. To my knowledge, no one has really announced a WinMo 6.5 device. There is talk of the TP2 being 6.5, and a late 3rd/early 4th qtr release would seem to back that up.

I swear I read that M$oft did not want vendors/carriers/manufacturers to push out 6.5 ROM updates for pre-existing devices. This makes sense as then it opens up their testing to older hardware, etc. But that could have easily changed.

My friend works for a game design company, and they have a 6.5 device in their shop for testing, but haven't done much with it as the kernel remains basically the same.

It's been my understanding as well that WinMo 6.5 is really just a graphical overhaul of 6.1 with minimal enhancement other than being more finger friendly and modernized graphically. M$oft's intent was to get 6.5 out to bridge the gap with WinMo 7 to follow in 2010 (we'll see) to really enhance the experience through upgraded application and OS.

Then again, I could be totally wrong on each point!
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 05-07-2009, 10:55 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by basilray View Post
It really remains to be seen. To my knowledge, no one has really announced a WinMo 6.5 device. There is talk of the TP2 being 6.5, and a late 3rd/early 4th qtr release would seem to back that up.

I swear I read that M$oft did not want vendors/carriers/manufacturers to push out 6.5 ROM updates for pre-existing devices. This makes sense as then it opens up their testing to older hardware, etc. But that could have easily changed.

My friend works for a game design company, and they have a 6.5 device in their shop for testing, but haven't done much with it as the kernel remains basically the same.

It's been my understanding as well that WinMo 6.5 is really just a graphical overhaul of 6.1 with minimal enhancement other than being more finger friendly and modernized graphically. M$oft's intent was to get 6.5 out to bridge the gap with WinMo 7 to follow in 2010 (we'll see) to really enhance the experience through upgraded application and OS.

Then again, I could be totally wrong on each point!

hey man thanks for the info. i have heard some of the same stuff too but was just wondering if there was any new, news on it. the only reason i was asking was cause all of the 6.5 roms are here are cool to have for like a day or two but then they start to bug out and then ya gotta flash back to a 6.1 lol. anyways thanks for the info.
Old 05-07-2009, 11:03 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

MidwestDrummer is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMidwestDrummer is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMidwestDrummer is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMidwestDrummer is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to MidwestDrummer Send a message via MSN to MidwestDrummer Send a message via Yahoo to MidwestDrummer

I'm pretty sure it's been announced that an official release of WiMo 6.5 would only be seen on yet to be released phones, and that we aren't going to be getting any sort of 6.5 ROM release for already released devices.

Maybe someone could post a link to one of the many articles that have mentioned this.
Old 05-07-2009, 11:13 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

here is something i found http://www.betanews.com/article/Wind...ces/1234805803.
Old 05-07-2009, 11:18 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

MiltonPro knows their stuffMiltonPro knows their stuffMiltonPro knows their stuffMiltonPro knows their stuffMiltonPro knows their stuffMiltonPro knows their stuffMiltonPro knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to MiltonPro Send a message via MSN to MiltonPro

I believe the May 11th release of wm 6.5 will be a beta version anyways, just like the build every chef is using on PPC right now.

Yes it will be finally officially released from MS. Does not necessarily means it will be better than what we are using now.

I think Microsoft will still wait for October/November 09' to still launch the full wm6.5.

They want to use it as bait to sell their new line of window mobile devices. If they release the full version of wm 6.5 now... Then no one will really be interested as much on the new phones to come. Its all a marketing game, this wm6.5.....
Old 05-07-2009, 11:34 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro/Touch Diamond/BlackBerry Tour 9630

basilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuff
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiltonPro View Post
I believe the May 11th release of wm 6.5 will be a beta version anyways, just like the build every chef is using on PPC right now.

Yes it will be finally officially released from MS. Does not necessarily means it will be better than what we are using now.

I think Microsoft will still wait for October/November 09' to still launch the full wm6.5.

They want to use it as bait to sell their new line of window mobile devices. If they release the full version of wm 6.5 now... Then no one will really be interested as much on the new phones to come. Its all a marketing game, this wm6.5.....
Everything M$oft has said up to this point regarding the May 11 release indicates it will be a full-blown release, at least from what I've seen.

Do you have links to something that would indicate otherwise?

Not trying to call you out on it, I'm just hoping M$oft gets their sh** together with WinMo already!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-07-2009, 01:08 PM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim

I believe it will be a full blown release. True they more then like will not be making official rom updates for our phone, but what the op is saying once the full update is released then he would like a rom (even a custom rom) built off of that MS full blown released version.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro