PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-06-2009, 12:55 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Rhodium W (Sprint Touch Pro 2 CDMA)
Carrier: Sprint - SERO

mstevens is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmstevens is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmstevens is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Impressively horrible battery life

I must say I'm truly impressed. I took my Touch Pro off the charger at about 0715 this morning. It's now 1245 and the battery is nearly dead. I synced my drug database (about 45 seconds online), did a few minutes of RSS reading in a meeting, and went online to the WiFiMonster website and downloaded and installed the latest cab. That's it. No phone calls, no Facebook, no streaming music or video, no GPS use. The device has been switched on for a total of about 50 minutes in the 5 1/2 hours since it was fully charged, and it certainly wasn't transmitting or receiving data for most of that time. No push email, no email checking, nothing should be polling the GPS.

I'm running the stock Sprint ROM on an unlocked phone with the Telus 1.04 radio. Things were about the same with the shipped radio and the Sprint 1.11 radio. Very frustrating.
Old 05-06-2009, 12:59 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: sprint

phillyboi6829 is keeping up the good workphillyboi6829 is keeping up the good workphillyboi6829 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to phillyboi6829
Re: Impressively horrible battery life

have you tryed any of the battery tweeks ?
Old 05-06-2009, 01:32 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Verizon

entwined82 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularentwined82 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularentwined82 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

turn the backlight down, run a few registry hacks for the battery. Thats what I've done and I can go on one charge for 2 days of light use, 1 day for heavy use.

The most important part is to get a good first (and for me, second) charge on a battery. I drain it to 0, charge full, drain to 0, charge full, and then use it naturally at that point, charging if I go below 30%.
Old 05-06-2009, 01:33 PM
The PPCG CR Guy!
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint

Laos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIP
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Laos101

Also, a rom like MIGHTYROM will make sure certain things are not running that will suck battery, and generally increase efficiency

To ask, is your BT, WiFi, BEAM, and other features on? (Besides Cellular Radio + GPS)
Old 05-06-2009, 01:55 PM
Super Saiyan 3
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D

freeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to freeza Send a message via MSN to freeza Send a message via Yahoo to freeza Send a message via Skype™ to freeza

Yeah, the battery life of these devices is abysmal....
Old 05-06-2009, 02:15 PM
Lat
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: Telus Mobility

Lat knows their stuffLat knows their stuffLat knows their stuffLat knows their stuffLat knows their stuffLat knows their stuff

Flash a Juicy or a Mighty, and it'll be impressively less horrible
Old 05-06-2009, 02:22 PM
College ROM Teacher ESQ
Pocket PC: College ROM iphony Killer
Carrier: $print

piranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Yahoo to piranah

are your programs closing when you X them out, or are they running in the background? you might want to check your task manager setting, and make sure its set to close the program when you X it out, instead of letting it run in the background.

and to mirror what others have said, a custom rom is the only way to go on these devices...

Help Me Help You
Old 05-06-2009, 02:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

hyakku is keeping up the good workhyakku is keeping up the good work

Wait your battery is dying in four hours? Well you are on stock rom b ut that never happened to me even on stock rom.

I don't know why people don't flash to juicy or mike's rom and just throw in the fast charge to usb edit. Would make things a whole lot easier, but if you can try to get someone elses tp battery and test it in your device because that shouldnt be happening.
Old 05-06-2009, 02:35 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by entwined82 View Post
I can go on one charge for 2 days of light use, 1 day for heavy use.
2 days??????

Sorry, but I find that VERY hard to believe. I have three TP's, all running Mighty 4.16 with the same battery tweaks as everybody else, & I don't think I could get two days out of a battery if the phone was in standby with the screen off the whole time.......

I deal with it by having a fully charged spare 1500 Seidio battery in my pocket at all times, & plugging my phone into a ProClip that charges it whenever I am in my truck.

I also have a charging cradle on my desk at work that charges the phone & a spare batt simultaneously.

~John
Old 05-06-2009, 02:38 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

ESsprint is just getting started

I think its crazy that you unlocked but didnt change roms. Also make sure you are fully closing programs.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro